Random Thoughts....

I hate any kind of cooked fruits and veggies (unless you count taters as veggies). Cakes should be made of the most unhealthy stuff possible not fruits!

Its definitely a culture thing. Fruitcake has a bad reputation over here, just like station wagons and diesel sedans.
I, personally, have never tried fruitcake but just from hearing whats in it, it doesn't sound too appealing.

While I have not tasted fruitcake either it does seem rather nice, provided it has massive amounts of chocolate in it and that it doesn't get soaked in brandy because, well, I can't have booze.

Random Thoughts....

No chocolate in any fruitcake I've ever tasted.
We make our pudding from the same mix. I like fruitcake, but I adore pudding! Warmed, with brandy custard and ice cream!! OM NOM!!!

They changed the formula for "NCIS": You now see the murder being committed in the teaser.

In America a fruitcake is what your mother-in-law serves you on an airplane if you're a redneck, or any number of cliched standup comedy routines from the 80s.

Yup. It spends the weeks up to Christmas under the casserole pot, coming out once a week to get basted in brandy.
It is the best way to age a fruit cake. And makes is sooooooooooooooooooooooo nomsome

Ours has been soaking in OP rum since last Christmas. We start the mix a year in advance.

Anyway. Fruitcake is AWESOME!!! :)

I love fruitcake. You're a complete fruitcake if you dislike it.

You people are crazy. Liking fruitcake? Maniacs, the lot of ya!

Fruitcake is vial...a better doorstop than food, congrats to jedd, stiggie wins funny meme of the hour for me.

I hate any kind of cooked fruits and veggies (unless you count taters as veggies). Cakes should be made of the most unhealthy stuff possible not fruits!

No such thing. Fruitcake is a vial, disgusting excuse for cake.

WWIII, started by fruitcake. :p

I think I've determined why Americans don't like fruitcake.

It contains fruit.

:ph34r:

It doesn't contain good fruit...only gross stuff :yucky:

I don't like fruitcake either.

So, four pages of fruit cake discussion? :rolleyes:

So very fucking tempting today.

Yup. It spends the weeks up to Christmas under the casserole pot, coming out once a week to get basted in brandy.
It is the best way to age a fruit cake. And makes is sooooooooooooooooooooooo nomsome

:hug:

And, I think some of you fruitcake haters may have missed the important ingredient.

Recipe:
Take bucket full of brandy,
throw in small cake with some fruit in,
add more brandy,
leave a few weeks to mature,
add more brandy,
eat at Christmas & New Year.
(Driving a car soon after consumption not recommended.)

:p

Last edited:
How come?

I've been given more and more stuff to handle at work(which is what I've been wanting) while I'm trying to keep track of homework needed for my online class(to which the grade is now slipping). I'm also falling behind in my night class(due to the teacher helping so many other students that I'm left out), life at home has become increasingly stressful because, any time I sit down and try and get my homework done for the online class, mom takes that as "oh, you're just dicking out, do some shit for me). Not to mention my real passion of doing my pro sound gig at church over the weekends.

I know my boss would be very understanding giving me time to not come into the office but, if I do that. I can't keep myself focused enough to stay diligent in my online class homework... Because internet.

And through all this I can feel myself becoming very irritable about little things.

93 - Have you got a laptop you can do your homework on? Perhaps rather than some time out at home to do the coursework, you could get some time out at work to do it. Under the watchful eye of the boss, you might get the motivation you need to stay focussed.

And yes Heathrow, there is a little bit of alcohol involved, but by the time we get to eating it, the alcohol has pretty much evaporated.

I've been given more and more stuff to handle at work(which is what I've been wanting) while I'm trying to keep track of homework needed for my online class(to which the grade is now slipping). I'm also falling behind in my night class(due to the teacher helping so many other students that I'm left out), life at home has become increasingly stressful because, any time I sit down and try and get my homework done for the online class, mom takes that as "oh, you're just dicking out, do some shit for me). Not to mention my real passion of doing my pro sound gig at church over the weekends.

I know my boss would be very understanding giving me time to not come into the office but, if I do that. I can't keep myself focused enough to stay diligent in my online class homework... Because internet.

And through all this I can feel myself becoming very irritable about little things.

You need to slow down...work will always be around, your opportunity to go to school at relatively little cost (in the grand scheme of things...people always talk about going back to school but once you plop down for those govt/private loans the first time, it's pretty much game over as you have to pay it all back if you reach your loan limit) won't be.

I'm serious, do not value work so much that you jeopardize school, especially if you don't need to have as much hours. While I legitimately needed to work those shitty hours in 09, I ended up paying for it dearly. I'm now further behind (a junior..i should have graduated by now) and have to catch up before I reach either the time limit or loan limit. It's not a cool target to have on your back at all.

I do know what you mean about online homework. I know since you take the class online it's difficult, but I try to separate "work time" and "home time". If i'm doing homework, i'm at the library using their machines. Sure I can goof off there just as easily but the atmosphere tends to lend itself toward "serious business." That said, I do take breaks every so often (10 min of "free time") just so I don't get burned out while doing it.

EDIT: If you get the feeling that the grade is absolutely irrecoverable and you're within the withdrawal period...consider doing it. Don't think you'll be able to make it better...odds are you won't...i'm learning that the hard way this year and having a W is a LOT better than a D or F. You'll just have to take it next semester, remembering to keep track of your credits earned: You need 24 new credits a year to maintain financial aid.

EDIT 2: I strongly suggest contacting you adviser or financial aid office if you do end up considering withdrawing from the class or if you fail the class. They made some changes to the Aid eligibility program this year that I'm just reading over just now...like a mandatory minimum 67% credit completion rate per year.

Last edited:
First time looking after horses since I had to put mine down.

Didn't think it would be this hard.

Luckily I don't have to interact with too many people.

First time looking after horses since I had to put mine down.

Didn't think it would be this hard.

Luckily I don't have to interact with too many people.

:comfort: Sorry to hear. :(