Random Thoughts....

Apparently starting on the Christmas pudding soon. Once we mix it, it's got to boil for something like 7 hours. So instead of starting it at a reasonable time in the afternoon, mum waits until later, and then complains that she has to stay up until 3am to watch it. Every year...
It is obviously a family tradition. ...

Put the cocaine in the espressos

Hmm. I got a call to do an audit for a guy locally, which is due in by Dec 26. He's had the notice to submit for at least a month, but left it to the last minute.

He wanted to get it done today, I left a message on Friday saying that was fine, and asking him to call me back with a time and address for me.
He's just called now. 3.00pm, asking if I can do it today. (it's at least a 5 hour job), or tomorrow. (Christmas Eve? I think not)

The extra $$$ would be handy during the next 6-8 weeks where I won't have any work due to the school holidays, but if he's this disorganised now, then his paperwork is likely to be the same, it takes me hours to get it all in order to submit, and he's likely to be just as slack paying for it, that it's not going to be worth my time.

Cocaine is the dumbest drug. I bet if someone made the act of drinking espressos more chic and accessible , you would see less people partake in cocaine.
Doubtful. It's still popular amongst the "have not" crowd as well as the "haves"

- - - Updated - - -

Put the lotion in the basket
FTFY

For some reason, my paycheck have gone missing. Guess this will be a full day on the phone to try and figure out where it has gone.

Last edited:
Watching my girlfriend and her dad prepare the dessert for our christmas dinner is comedy gold. He claims to be an ambitions cook, but he clearly is more interested in stainless steel kitchen utensils and assorted gadgetry than in the actual preparation of food... While my girlfriend tries to explain to him which steps are next, he is busy fiddling around with his digital scale that somehow does not work as expected after a battery change: "Dad, are you listening?" - "No."

EDIT: The recipe is from some cooking website. He insists on using his new tablet he clearly does not know how to operate yet to view the recipe instread of printing it out. Add to that that my girlfriend takes her cooking quite seriously too and does not like being distracted, this may change from comedy to drama any second...

Last edited:
Sitting here at my desk, plugged in a decent set of 5.1 speakers into the turntable and enjoying Wish You Were Here on vinyl. Oh, if only I had a glass of wine...

He ruined the beaten egg whites using some new gadget. This is gonna be fun...

For some reason, my paycheck have gone missing. Guess this will be a full day on the phone to try and figure out where it has gone.
Your employer deposited into wrong account and don't know which? Did you find it?