Random Thoughts....

Are the retail boxes for televisions the same boxes that are used to ship them?

I am in Oregon, so I was just thinking about buying a TV to save the 8.75%, and then shipping it back home myself (because if I have them ship it they'll charge me sales-tax).

Are the retail boxes for televisions the same boxes that are used to ship them?

I am in Oregon, so I was just thinking about buying a TV to save the 8.75%, and then shipping it back home myself (because if I have them ship it they'll charge me sales-tax).

I used to work for an independent TV store and the boxes we received the TVs in were the retail boxes. There was no "shipping box". The tvs arrived on pallets and i doubt other retailers received them any differently. You shouldn't have any issues from the shipping company shipping the TV home yourself.

I guess my question would be, you worked at a retailer and they were delivered on pallets? If one were to order a television from Amazon, is it in the same retail boxes?

I guess my question would be, you worked at a retailer and they were delivered on pallets? If one were to order a television from Amazon, is it in the same retail boxes?

My assumption is that Amazon received them the same way on pallets at their warehouse. I doubt they would re-box them for shipping, especially given the many different sizes and simply the size in general of tv boxes.

When we had a customer buy one to be delivered (loyal customers bought from us after moving away), it was shipped in its retail box via UPS though it was picked up by the UPS freight driver that delivered the pallets.

I guess my point is that, while I can't answer your question exactly, I've had experiences similar enough to say that there shouldn't be a problem shipping a TV in its retail box. If you're really concerned, call up a UPS store and ask. Just say you're sending a gift to a family member or something.

The two times I've ordered TVs (and a 28" 4K monitor) they've been shipped in the same retail box you see at stores with no issues. They're packed to survive normal shipping abuse.

Not sure if r/pcmasterrace is really snobby or tongue in cheek.

I got really excited about the 70th anniversary of VJ Day until someone reminded me that Barnes Wallis didn't, in fact, invent the vajazzle.

My GF tried it. She said it was too sweet for her, but ever since then, she's been craving root beer floats.

Here's a truly random thought: I would go to see a Disney princess movie about Angela Merkel.

Not sure why, but I would.

Anyone tried a beer called 'Not Your Fathers Root Beer'? It's basically alcoholic root beer. You can barely taste the alcohol. It's very good, though hard to find.

Had some in Chicago and liked it. Like necrojoe said, it's pretty sweet. I had one and went back to real beer. :p

Anyone tried a beer called 'Not Your Fathers Root Beer'? It's basically alcoholic root beer. You can barely taste the alcohol. It's very good, though hard to find.

Yeah, I've had it. Don't drink 12 oz. in less than half an hour on an empty stomach after working 12 hours. :|

Here's a truly random thought: I would go to see a Disney princess movie about Angela Merkel.

Not sure why, but I would.
Varoufakis would make a brilliant handsome rogue.

It's not easy being Greek, for one you're out of money, for second you make up almost the entirety of Europes sea border and hence your islands are flooded with thousands of refugees a day. Then again we could do what the Thai do, tow them back out to sea...

HOLY CRAP THERES A BUG ON MY SCREEN JESUS CHRIST GET IT OFF OH MY FUCKING GOD.

Last edited:
Having so much ocean front property you would think real estate, ship building, and import/export would be popular. Is it not?

Last edited: