Random Thoughts....

My dad just handed me the business card of a car reviewer/writer that wants to speak to me about possibly entering the field.

Z.
O.
M.
G.

http://img238.imageshack.**/img238/8726/dowantrabbitvh0cj5.jpg

DO WANT!

DO IT RICHARD!!!!!!!!!

So, you get the S60R, the cute girls likes loves the car and then some bloke wants a chat about entering the car journalism world... By the way, how's that cute girl going?

My dad just handed me the business card of a car reviewer/writer that wants to speak to me about possibly entering the field.

Z.
O.
M.
G.

http://img238.imageshack.**/img238/8726/dowantrabbitvh0cj5.jpg

DO WANT!

Good for you man I think you would be good at that.

On a related note I have a phone interview for a property management job that would be an approximately 25% pay raise plus bonuses over my current job.

I could have had an extra day off next week, but I said I would work it in order to increase my bonus. Part of me wants the day off the other part wants the money.

^ I would always go with the money. I need some of that stuff now!

Sorry to suddenly change the tone...

Turns out that the head of Western Europe's largest terrorist organisation (ETA) lives literally around the corner from me.

Or did, until he was arrested last night. Oo-er.

Turns out that the head of Western Europe's largest terrorist organisation (ETA) lives literally around the corner from me.

Or did, until he was arrested last night. Oo-er.

You can look on the bright side, you were never ever in any real danger, I mean the guy isn't gonna set off a bomb in his own neighborhood. Well, intentional at least.

You can look on the bright side, you were never ever in any real danger, I mean the guy isn't gonna set off a bomb in his own neighborhood. Well, intentional at least.

Its the intentional part that is worrisome. Homemade/amateur bombs tend to go off prematurely.

Yesterday for the first time ever I saw someone actually watching a movie on their iPhone. I still don't get that feature, but I was instantly reminded of this.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcNLEwf2pOw[/YOUTUBE]

i was looking at the university web site for merchandise you can buy,

it's like the $120 for a tie.... supposedly italian silk, but still..

^ UBC's prices aren't so bad on clothing... but they charge $150 for a diploma frame with Plexiglass. I told them to sod off.

It's the random thoughts thread. Tone changes are acceptable, and actually encouraged in order to further enhance the randomness.

Yesterday for the first time ever I saw someone actually watching a movie on their iPhone. I still don't get that feature, but I was instantly reminded of this.

I've watched a few videos (not movies, though) on my N82, which has an even smaller screen than the iPhone, and it's more enjoyable than you'd think. Of course it's not the full theater experience, but it doesn't need to be: it's just something to kill time with when you're out and about.

I have one employee who given a 50/50 chance of doing something the right way or the wrong way, will do it the wrong way 100% of the time.

I locked myself out of my car for the second time in about 2 months last night. I felt like being cheap and tried to use a coat hanger to unlock it. Struggled with it for two hours and then realized it was getting dark and that I had to go to work at 8 am. So I broke down and called my new friend the locksmith. I will say he is quite good at what he does, took him about 30 seconds to a minute to get in. If I keep doing this I'm going to get to know this guy very well. Damn I hate losing $40 to stupid and totally avoidable things! :idiot:

I have one employee who given a 50/50 chance of doing something the right way or the wrong way, will do it the wrong way 100% of the time.

Ok, 2 employees doing the same job...

One is 24, thinks he knows everything, argues when told what to do, regularly fucks shit up, can't be trusted to work alone.

One is 18, knows his limits, always asks questions when he is unsure about something, usually does a good job if unsupervised. When he does do something wrong it is so much easier to tolerate.

Thats people for you.

I locked myself out of my car for the second time in about 2 months last night. I felt like being cheap and tried to use a coat hanger to unlock it. Struggled with it for two hours and then realized it was getting dark and that I had to go to work at 8 am. So I broke down and called my new friend the locksmith. I will say he is quite good at what he does, took him about 30 seconds to a minute to get in. If I keep doing this I'm going to get to know this guy very well. Damn I hate losing $40 to stupid and totally avoidable things! :idiot:

Get a spare key cut and tape it somewhere under the car, somewhere that isn't obvious but is also protected from the elements as much as possible. You don't need an immobiliser key, just a basic one to open the doors.

Get a spare key cut and tape it somewhere under the car, somewhere that isn't obvious but is also protected from the elements as much as possible. You don't need an immobiliser key, just a basic one to open the doors.

Yea, I actually have a spare but it was 50 miles from where I was. I'm going to pick it up this weekend and keep it in my apartment. Worst case I'll just call one of my roomates and have him deliver it to me.