Random Thoughts....

The first link is a different hotel, thank FSM.

The 2nd one is is from April 2015. I know Bedbugs can practically live forever but I'm hoping they were aggressive in treating the issue.

Worst comes to worse, I have a backup hotel, even if it's further away and more expensive, I'll deal.

Yikes...

:lol: A hotel called the "Mona Lisa" yet looked like that screams shady.

Have you considered the HI or HIE across from Newark Liberty Airport? They're some of my default selections when I've had to stay in the area. They're priced the same or less than that bedbug center you were looking at and a slightly safer part of town.

http://www.priceline.com/holiday-in...lf=PCLN&irefid=PLTGMERCH&irefclickid=NEWARKNJ

- - - Updated - - -

Also, did you notice the recent reviews about the place smelling of tobacco and/or pot smoke and the extremely thin walls?

- - - Updated - - -

I did the first year but, standardizing with IHG hotels, I've not seen a reason to. All holiday inn and express' are kept well enough that I've felt ok not checking for bugs.

I'd second this. IHG seems to have their shit together and they're usually the first facilities I look for in an area. With one exception - their older Crowne Plaza units are sometimes quite terrible, sometimes even with recent renovations and updates. One of the somewhat amusing things I discovered when I was meeting with Mom in Houston to keep her company during cancer treatments was that my Holiday Inn Express room was quite a lot nicer and way cheaper than her (recently renovated) Crown Plaza room. This was sadly in line with my prior experience.

IHG, at least in their Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express properties, is known to immediately close a facility, tent it and nuke the living s**t out of it with pesticides when roaches or bedbugs are spotted by just one guest.

Last edited:
Have you considered the HI or HIE across from Newark Liberty Airport? They're some of my default selections when I've had to stay in the area. They're priced the same or less than that bedbug center you were looking at and a slightly safer part of town.

http://www.priceline.com/holiday-in...lf=PCLN&irefid=PLTGMERCH&irefclickid=NEWARKNJ

- - - Updated - - -

Also, did you notice the recent reviews about the place smelling of tobacco and/or pot smoke and the extremely thin walls?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd second this. IHG seems to have their shit together and they're usually the first facilities I look for in an area. With one exception - their older Crowne Plaza units are sometimes quite terrible, sometimes even with recent renovations and updates. One of the somewhat amusing things I discovered when I was meeting with Mom in Houston to keep her company during cancer treatments was that my Holiday Inn Express room was quite a lot nicer and way cheaper than her (recently renovated) Crown Plaza room. This was sadly in line with my prior experience.

IHG, at least in their Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express properties, is known to immediately close a facility, tent it and nuke the living s**t out of it with pesticides when roaches or bedbugs are spotted by just one guest.

I have until the 29th to cancel w/out penalty so I'll see. TripAdvisor has a report of bedbugs in 2010 there but they handled it extremely well apparently:

I returned to the lobby and told the front desk attendant, who was embarrassed (they know they have them) and immediately relocated us to another room. I specifically asked for one that was recently treated/bug free. We were relocated to 717 and after an even more thorough check by myself and family, the room was found to be bugfree- no bites, no little hitchhikers coming home in our luggage.

Yeah, but it sounds like they have consistent problems/recurring infestation.

Yeah, but it sounds like they have consistent problems/recurring infestation.

That review was for the Holiday Inn, should have been clearer.

My new mouse has forward and back browser buttons. At first I thought they were useless, but you know, they're kinda growing on me for forum use.

My new mouse has forward and back browser buttons. At first I thought they were useless, but you know, they're kinda growing on me for forum use.

I've got four buttons on the side: two for back and forwards in browsers/Windows and the other two for skipping tracks.

Having used mice with these buttons for years, I'm utterly stumped when I have to make do without them...

After doing hours of research tonight, I think i know what my game plan is

-buy large ziploc bags, some regular grocery bags, cheap pajamas, a LED flashlight, and a plastic storage container large enough to fit my duffel bag.

-pack items into ziploc bags then place inside duffel. Bring box of disposable gloves (which i own already).

-upon arrival: leave everything in car except for flashlight.

-Inspect room using flashlight, disposable gloves, checklist and various pics gleaned from websites

if satisfactory:

- bring duffel directly into bathroom. it will live on the sink or on the doorknob inside the bathroom when i'm using the sink.

- each day's dirty laundry goes directly into a ziploc bag

at end of trip:

- duffel gets placed from bathroom sink directly into plastic storage container that's in back of Jeep. Container is immediately sealed.

- drive directly to laundromat at home and empty items directly into washer - items will be washed and dried on hot heat, including shoes and duffle bag.

- clean items go into new ziploc bags, then into just regular grocery bags i have, and returned home.

- i immediately take shower

I need to figure out what to do with the clothes I'd be checking out in though...that's the fatal flaw in this plan unless i strip immediately and pray that my residential dryer and washer get hot enough at home.

I suspect i'll feel weird sleeping on the pillows there - i may just say fuck it and bring my own pillow and pillowcase - i'll toss that fucker before I go home.

Note that trip advisor reviews show many have said no signs of bedbugs, ditto the yelp entries. I'd just rather not.

Jesus Christ dude....

This world is fucked I tell ya, fucked.

Last edited:
Apparently this mouse has 6 buttons. Could have also got 8 in the same style. I can only find 5...

I have volume/track control/light buttons on my keyboard, so I don't need to double up there.

Logitech options lets me map them per app, but I do use every button it has. Copy, paste, home, end, regenerate, redraw, pan, rotate, refresh, etc...

Dear Rick, Ive never ever checked for bedbugs nor taken any of the proposed extreme measures and have also not died ever. Chillax dude

Somehow cow penis is healthier than a pig ear.... For my dog.

Dear Rick, Ive never ever checked for bedbugs nor taken any of the proposed extreme measures and have also not died ever. Chillax dude

I tend to have well......absolutely awful luck.

But yeah, I think i'll do a cursory check and just go from there.

Just lift the mattress and look around the edges. Don't be surprised if there's a titty magazine under there...