Random Thoughts....

I had prescription codeine one time when I had surgery on my toe as a teenager. Since then, I sometimes take cough syrup when it hurts to swallow, but otherwise no aspirin, Tylenol, etc...nothin.

Out of curiosity, how often do you eat? I ask because I don't really eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I basically only eat when I'm hungry. A lot of times I only eat one large meal a day depending on how I feel. As far as sickness goes, I get a cold maybe once every 4-5 years once nature finally finds something I'm not immune to yet. I usually just go to sleep and wake up fine in the morning. I haven't taken any cough syrup in that time either.

Another one for the 'hardly ever sick' club. I have a cold maybe once a year but nothing bad enough to stay home from work. I've been really sick just once over the last 7 years.

That's about the only time I take medication, and even then I sometimes forget. I'd be terrible at birth control if I were a woman, I'd be constantly pregnant

I'd be terrible at birth control if I were a woman, I'd be constantly pregnant

NOTICE: DRUNKEN RAMBLING FOLLOWS

I think in general being a woman seems like kind of a bitch. Err, I mean, it seems kind of a hassle. So much "weird" stuff going on that needs your attention. I wouldn't be any good at it either. I think. I haven't tried.

(Hard question (for advanced users): How much of womens hardships are down to other women? I've had far too much rum to answer that, but it seems to me women give each other more of a hard time than men. Feels like we can sort of float around a bit more.

END OF DRUNKEN PHILOSTOPY.

Last edited:
^
:lol:

Drunken rambling philosophy* is what the Random Thoughts Thread is for.

(*includes philostopy)

I vote for this thread to be renamed "Drunken Philostopy"

Reactions: AiR
NOTICE: DRUNKEN RAMBLING FOLLOWS

I think in general being a woman seems like kind of a bitch. Err, I mean, it seems kind of a hassle. So much "weird" stuff going on that needs your attention. I wouldn't be any good at it either. I think. I haven't tried.

(Hard question (for advanced users): How much of womens hardships are down to other women? I've had far too much rum to answer that, but it seems to me women give each other more of a hard time than men. Feels like we can sort of float around a bit more.

END OF DRUNKEN PHILOSTOPY.

Even though I'm sober and not a woman, I do know from my sister that she's mostly complaining about other women but almost never about other men. And most of the time it's trivial bullshit stuff like "this girl said something but actually [I think] she meant something else". And from the girls back at university I also heard that they were quite happy to be the minority (physics & math, the ratio between men and women was something like 10 to 1) because according to them it was much more relaxing to hang around guys all the time.

I was never under the impression that there was a lot of competition going on between women (probably also because I've always been in "typical men surroundings" like a school that focused on engineering, emergency services, working at a garage and studying physics). But depending on who you talk to, some women apparently give each other a lot of shit and there is a huge amount of subtle, non-verbal communication going on (which I'm completely clueless to).

Women are terrible to each other. Ever hear a group of women talking about one of their men cheating on them? They spend a lot more time bitching about the woman he cheated with than they do about the man. Ever wonder why women so rarely win reality shows that are determined by audience votes? It's because other women won't vote for them.

One of the reason a don't really have any female friends, I can't stand all the drama over nothing and constant bitching :-? I generally feel more comfortable in the company of guys, so it's actually quite ironic that I chose a profession that are dominated by women, at the lab I work at we are ~40 people and 4 of them are male (and one of them is an intern).

Why do you think I've stuck around in here for over 10 years :p

Reactions: AiR
I watched Me Before You last night (aka "Live, Laugh, Love: The Movie") and the big inspirational speech at the end is literally just a bunch of car company slogans strung together.

^
:lol:

Drunken rambling philosophy* is what the Random Thoughts Thread is for.

(*includes philostopy)
I tried three times writing that word and still got it wrong :D

One of the reason a don't really have any female friends, I can't stand all the drama over nothing and constant bitching :-? I generally feel more comfortable in the company of guys, so it's actually quite ironic that I chose a profession that are dominated by women, at the lab I work at we are ~40 people and 4 of them are male (and one of them is an intern).

Why do you think I've stuck around in here for over 10 years :p
Thanks for sticking with us! My workplace is pretty 50/50 in terms of sexes overall but the teams they work in are not, so we have all male teams and all female ones. The girls talk so much behind each others backs. If only a few of us guys go out for lunch we rarely talk about the ones not present.

I watched Me Before You last night (aka "Live, Laugh, Love: The Movie") and the big inspirational speech at the end is literally just a bunch of car company slogans strung together.
Hey, at least it wasn't a really long Head & Shoulders ad?

People are terrible.
Overheard on my son's school:

"I don't use the seat belt or make him use it, because it's such a short drive."

"Yes, I put him* on the front seat because it's more practical." *A 7-year-old boy.

Those are the same kind of people that later on, if an accident happens, will cry, look up to the sky and ask "Why did God took my little angel away from me?".

People are terrible.

"I don't use the seat belt or make him use it, because it's such a short drive."

"Yes, I put him* on the front seat because it's more practical." *A 7-year-old boy.

Those are the same kind of people that later on, if an accident happens, will cry, look up to the sky and ask "Why did God took my little angel away from me?".

People are terrible.

Look at it this way, these people are idiots, so chances are their little angels would have grown up to be idiots to....no loss.

Look at it this way, these people are idiots, so chances are their little angels would have grown up to be idiots to....no loss.

I guess you're right...

People are terrible.

Since this is the Random Thoughts thread, here are some disconnected ramblings from your resident 'ancient person':
1. My family didn't have a car with seat belts until I was 14; and even then, my dad installed them himself. Cars back then also had little or no safety padding. Our 1963 Chevrolet Impala had a plain steel dashboard - and all the switches protruded for easy access.
2. Seat belts DO work. I've been on my top twice in my life, once with belts fastened, once without - the former was much less uncomfortable.
3. I've lost two friends who were ejected from the vehicle in wrecks; so yes, (since the first roll-over) I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt!
Edit: I do, however, disconnect ALL the damn buzzers if I can figure out how they work! This latest Focus still has me stumped...

SL

Last edited:
That's..... One way to look at it.

3. I've lost two friends who were ejected from the vehicle in wrecks; so yes, (since the first roll-over) I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt!
Edit: I do, however, disconnect ALL the damn buzzers if I can figure out how they work! This latest Focus still has me stumped...
Even though I haven't lost someone to not wearing seatbelts (but I did have a head-on collision while I was driving), I always wear my seatbelt as well, it's just an automatism - as soon as I get in a car I buckle up, simple as that. You just can't cheat physics...

SL

http://www.focushacks.com/mod/Seat_Belt_Minder_Disable

MkIII (2012 and newer)

On the new Focus, each front seat must have the belt minder disabled separately. For the passenger side, it's best to have a friend who's willing to help. The below procedure will toggle Belt-Minder functionality for whichever seat you wish.
Turn the ignition on (RUN, not start)
Wait about a minute for the seat belt light to turn off on the instrument cluster.
Buckle, then unbuckle the seatbelt (either the driver or passenger side), 4 times, ending with the belt unbuckled.
The seatbelt light will flash 3 times
Within a few seconds, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt once more.

Just FYI, Ford calls the system the "Belt Minder" (sometimes just one word).

On a Subaru, key in the off position, turn to ON, and then buckle / unbuckle 20 times within 30 seconds, then turn key off.