Random Thoughts....

I had an idea for a unique review video style. I'm so very sorry.

Rice noodles, baby carrots, sugar peas, cucumber, chickpeas, maybe hard boiled eggs, some sort of vinegarette. Technically still a salad, but with noodles instead of lettuce. Could do the same thing with pasta noodles.

A bowl of oven- roasted veggies with chicken. Zucchini, sweet potato, onion butternut squash, etc, heavily seasoned.

A sandwich.

Tacos? I'm not sure how easy it would be to get the required seasonings, though.

Yeah, I've cut out bread out of my diet and salads won't really do. And I don't have prep time at all, maybe 10 minutes in the morning and then put the stuff in the work fridge. For today I just made some simple wraps I can reheat in the microwave.

All of the noodle bowl ingredients can be prepped the night before, and for a few-days-worth in a row at once. Just scoop in what you want. Rice noodles cook in 2 mins.

It seems the armed cats app was removed from the apple App Store... :(

Random Thoughts....

Thanks for that. Having a conversation with a friend from Texas and he denies fracking has anything to do with the spike in Oklahoma earthquakes...

If fracking in and of itself caused all those earthquakes, you would also see a similar increase in quakes in Texas and North Dakota, where fracking is used *way* more than Oklahoma. Obviously, there isn't such an increase.

Regarding that earthquake,

https://imgur.com/O3bMo6L

All the birds taking off when the ground started shaking was actually dense enough to be caught by radar.

If fracking in and of itself caused all those earthquakes, you would also see a similar increase in quakes in Texas and North Dakota, where fracking is used *way* more than Oklahoma. Obviously, there isn't such an increase.

Not necessarily. There may be geological conditions in Oklahoma that make it more susceptible to damage by fracking.

Random Thoughts....

Not necessarily. There may be geological conditions in Oklahoma that make it more susceptible to damage by fracking.

Yes, but then it is fracking *plus local conditions*, not just fracking itself.

Much like driving a truck offroad is not inherently a problem in and of itself, but driving a truck offroad through someone's house or barn is a different matter - the problem isn't the activity or object itself, just where it is being employed.

Which is why offroad trucking through somebody's house or barn is illegal. So by extension.......

You do know there is no law that specifies driving a truck through someone's building is illegal, right?

Trespassing. Reckless driving endangering life. Causing malicious damage to property. I'm no legal expert but there are probably a few more too.

Trespassing. Reckless driving endangering life. Causing malicious damage to property. I'm no legal expert but there are probably a few more too.

To play Devil's Spectre though, those aren't explicitly a law/rule barring driving a vehicle through a house... those things may happen after you do such a thing though.

:p

To play Devil's Spectre though, those aren't explicitly a law/rule barring driving a vehicle through a house... those things may happen after you do such a thing though.

:p

Sort of, rick. There is no law or rule specifically prohibiting a driver from making someone's house into a drive-through structure with a vehicle. In fact, if my friend's plan works out a bunch of us are going to do exactly this with our trucks this winter - he has an old house on his ranch that he needs demolished and he wants to do it the fun way. Nothing illegal about that.

It is however, illegal to cause destruction of private property without permission (by any means, not specific ones like trucks or wrecking balls or bulldozers). That's why you don't want to convert your neighbor's house into the SubSonic Drive Through - whether it be that you use a truck or a sledgehammer or in an increasingly popular method in rural America, a backhoe.

To use the logic you've demonstrated here, stiggie, matches should be banned because they could cause forest fires, antibiotics should be banned because people could die from taking them (this has actually been used in the US), axes and crowbars should be banned because they could be used to destroy someone's house and knives (*all* knives) should be banned because they could be used to stab people instead of cut a steak. This is plain stupid, just as blanket-banning fracking would be.

Never use reductio ad absurdum Spectre. Using it demonstrates an inherent lack of strength in your argument. Clearly if a human.activity is causing earthquakes, that activity should not continue.

Never use reductio ad absurdum Spectre. Using it demonstrates an inherent lack of strength in your argument. Clearly if a human.activity is causing earthquakes, that activity should not continue.

Except that wasn't really reductio ad absurdum. What you are saying is that if a human activity is causing issues in one area but not in others, it should be stopped in all areas period and never used again.

What would make more sense would be to stop the activity in the area it is causing problems and continue elsewhere where it is not.

One point that has been lost in the media-driven BAN ALL FRACKING EVERYWHERE AND ANYWHERE NAOW NAOW NAOW frenzy is that even if it is proven that fracking is causing earthquakes everywhere it is used (which it hasn't yet), this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Something that seems to have escaped wide notice is that if the method by which fracking is supposed to be causing earthquakes is correct, all it's going to be doing is relieving stress on tectonic plates that had force building up behind them. Essentially, this would release the energy in many short small bursts rather than in one great big earthquake. In fact, before the demonization of fracking as the public enemy du jour, a variation on the tech was investigated for relieving the building stress on the California fault lines so that they wouldn't get the big 9.0 San Andreas shaker that they're all waiting for.

It should also be noted that Oklahoma has had many, many earthquakes since 1918, some equal to or greater than intensity VII - long before fracking was ever used there. In fact, even without fracking they were actually overdue for a big shaker. There are reasons the original native tribes decided it was a terrible place to live and moved.

Last edited: