Random Thoughts....

Sooooo..... low thirties is considered hot in Europe? :unsure:
By most people, yes. And since bitching about the weather is national pastime number one here, for the first half of summer all I heard was how we went from spring straight to autumn and how it should be forbidden to have such a wet and cold summer, whereas the second half of summer was waaaaay too hot and "how can anyone function in these temperatures", to "we have summer in spring and autumn and autumn in between." :rolleyes:

I think that if people stopped bitching and started just accepting circumstances, life would be a lot easier.

PS. I like these temperatures. Especially when in the shade with a nice cool drink.

Last edited:
By most people, yes. And since bitching about the weather is national pastime number one here, for the first half of summer all I heard was how we went from spring straight to autumn and how it should be forbidden to have such a wet and cold summer, whereas the second half of summer was waaaaay too hot and "how can anyone function in these temperatures", to "we have summer in spring and autumn and autumn in between. :rolleyes:

I think that if people stopped bitching and started just accepting circumstances, life would be a lot easier.

PS. I like these temperatures. Especially when in the shade with a nice cool drink.

Really I think complaining about the weather as just small talk more than anything. The problem I have is I don't do small talk very well and tend to study the weather a bit closer than most. So when someone starts complaining I start regurgitating the forecast discussion I read that day. It mostly confuses them... further.

Yep, 36? here too, which is odd for september

I don't really mind though, I have AC on at full blast, and it still cools down enough at night to get a good night's sleep

eswquju.gif

I just packed a part of the glass partitions and doors from the showcases in my car with ample padding since I don't want to risk damaging them when I move the big stuff in 1 1/2 weeks. I packed 12 pieces of glass, then I ran out of courage to pack more into my car. Given that I have more than 30 glass partitions and doors (combined) I'll need three transfers to get them all to my new apartment safely.

I'm very glad I chose some overlap between my old and my new apartment so I am able to transfer the fragile stuff beforehand, otherwise I'd have a heart attack on the day of the move...

I still have a 5.5 hour train ride to Berlin ahead of me today. Hoping like hell that the AC works in there...
How long will you be in Berlin? Fancy a brew on friday?

Cable Management is hard.

N6YYIvF.jpg

N6YYIvF.jpg

That case design combined with my mobo lead to some "interesting" management for me. It's clean but I worry about the mobo connector routing sometimes. Mine:

hIgdJG5.jpg

Last edited:
the forums still hate attachments :| doesn't work for me...

@gaasc: is that a cardboard box in one of your 3.5" slots right there? o_O

[snip]
I would do these thing differently:
- Both bottom and top fan aren't necessary IMHO so get rid of those; if you don't want to then rotate the bottom one so the cable comes out right next to the hole in the motherboard tray so you can just put it behind the motherboard tray
- If you don't need the front audio just don't connect it and tuck it behind the motherboard tray
- Route the ATX 24-pin cable through the upper hole
- If it's possible, put the SSD (which is as far as I can see in the cage right behind the intake fan) with an adapter in one of the 3.5" slots so you can route the data and power cables behind the motherboard tray
- As far as I can see the cable for the front panel connectors are long enough so route them through the bottom hole behind the motherboard tray
- Oh, and get rid of the cardboard box (I guess it's for storing screws and so on, isn't it?)

In related news, I spotted this.... thing at a friend's workplace:

Apparently, it's a single machine as quick as half their old render farm.

Blimey. What cards were they?

@gaasc: is that a cardboard box in one of your 3.5" slots right there? o_O

I would do these thing differently:
- Both bottom and top fan aren't necessary IMHO so get rid of those; if you don't want to then rotate the bottom one so the cable comes out right next to the hole in the motherboard tray so you can just put it behind the motherboard tray
- If you don't need the front audio just don't connect it and tuck it behind the motherboard tray
- Route the ATX 24-pin cable through the upper hole
- If it's possible, put the SSD (which is as far as I can see in the cage right behind the intake fan) with an adapter in one of the 3.5" slots so you can route the data and power cables behind the motherboard tray
- As far as I can see the cable for the front panel connectors are long enough so route them through the bottom hole behind the motherboard tray
- Oh, and get rid of the cardboard box (I guess it's for storing screws and so on, isn't it?)

you're absolutely right, all the screws and rubber dampers live there. Noted all your points, I'll see what I can do when i get the gpu.

Last edited:
Blimey. What cards were they?
I have no idea. But I know it's "only" nine of them because the system would not run stable with ten.