Random Thoughts....

Except of course, that you are surrounded by English backpackers who all had the same idea and whose pasty white skin is turning bright red before your very eyes.

I can only apologise, English tourists are just annoying, even here. I don't suppose I'd be much better. I would like to try Xmas in the sun just once though.

Because it's cold as balls and there's snow on the ground.

No he means... oh, the drinking. :p

Because it's cold as balls and there's snow on the ground.

You're obviously at the wrong beach. :p

I can only apologise, English tourists are just annoying, even here. I don't suppose I'd be much better. I would like to try Xmas in the sun just once though.

I'd like to have a white Christmas one year. I'm thinking Canadian Rockies.

I'd like to have a white Christmas one year. I'm thinking Canadian Rockies.

I've been hearing Rebeca ask for a white Christmas for nearly 13 years now. :lol:
*fingers crossed for Germany*

I just set up a reminder (I'm serious) to send you pictures of Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere.
It's bizarre and stupid. 40?C outside and yet every shopping mall has the fat guy in a Santa suite, hot girls dressed as Elves and the winter diorama with reindeer, bears and other European animals.
Everyone overeats on meat and fatty foods (even if it's totally not the right season for that), and sets up a tree inside the house. :lol:

EDIT: Now that I think of it, the Aussies should join me.

Christmas should be cold and snowy, rhe snow is sadly not every year here :( but having been in australia july-dec 20th I can safely say that it's fucking weird walking around in shorts and tshirt and seeing christmas decorations, huge christmas trees and santas every where :blink:

Bad weather makes the season even more bah humbug.

2 years ago I was in Dubai in late November/early December, at times it felt like people over there were more in the Christmas spirit than back at home.

I just set up a reminder (I'm serious) to send you pictures of Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere.
It's bizarre and stupid. 40?C outside and yet every shopping mall has the fat guy in a Santa suite, hot girls dressed as Elves and the winter diorama with reindeer, bears and other European animals.
Everyone overeats on meat and fatty foods (even if it's totally not the right season for that), and sets up a tree inside the house.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, the Aussies should join me.
Please do, that would be proper awesome to see! Weird, but awesome. And also profoundly wrong

Are you planning a thread?

I wasn't, but if you want to add to this, we could start one and invite the other Southern Hemisphere members.

I don't do much for Christmas (my family is fairly spread out) but if I see anything particularly Summer-Christmassy when I'm out and about I'll snap a photo.

Apparently there's a sub-Reddit about hating on grandpa Joe from the Willy Wonka movie. :lol:

R/granpajoehate

I know that reddit is all about the original grandpa Joe, but the one from the Tim Burton remake truly was terrible.

Random Thoughts....

The fact that they used 1 midget for oompah loompahs and multiplied him in post (I know, he actually did the same act in different positions and they layered him.) is pathetic. I don't remember much else from the Tim burton one besides a mentally unstable Wonka with daddy issues.

I wasn't, but if you want to add to this, we could start one and invite the other Southern Hemisphere members.

Well now you HAVE to!
We can do a whole worldwide interweb "compare your Xmas" weather thing and everything!

Oh yeah! Totally would love to see that