Random Thoughts....

To make leaf whistles in?

In which to make leaf whistles?

FTFY

7f883113186ed883daea8ca4a3edc33a_1-1-3-connoisseur-pompous-meme_404-375.jpeg

I kid. I've tried bring grammatically correct with sentences like that in both writing and speaking, but it just sounds too foreign. There's no way to do it and not sound like a douche nozzle or Yoda.

Last edited:
Craig has a new wading pool. Sweet!

I drained it and helped to flood the field across the street. Plus it's 50 frigging degrees. Not exactly skinny dipping weather.

To make leaf whistles in?

I have never heard this outside of Southwest Missouri, I've even asked in parts of the south, but around here people call culverts whistles. I get it, they resemble a whistle, but it's a stretch.

FTFY

7f883113186ed883daea8ca4a3edc33a_1-1-3-connoisseur-pompous-meme_404-375.jpeg

I kid. I've tried bring grammatically correct with sentences like that in both writing and speaking, but it just sounds to foreign. There's no way to do it and not sound like a douche nozzle or Yoda.

That's 'cause us mid-westerners are sort of lazy with our speech. I know cut ING down to IN' way too much.

Craig, you should avoid Lake Superior in June.

It needs to be hot to get in an ice bucket. ;)

My Dad was born in the UP, so I spent most summers as a kid on, or near Superior. I remember how shocking that first swim was.

I'm split on that one. On one hand, yes - make her keep backing up all the way to the end of the line. But on the other hand, shes already wasted a ton of the cammer's time.

I've heard "camera" referred to as "cammer" only one other time. Where does that come from? The other guy was a NASA bus tour guide. Being early 2000s and young at the time, I thought it was hilarious.

My Dad was born in the UP, so I spent most summers as a kid on, or near Superior. I remember how shocking that first swim was.

Required Superior-related post.

I've heard "camera" referred to as "cammer" only one other time. Where does that come from? The other guy was a NASA bus tour guide. Being early 2000s and young at the time, I thought it was hilarious.

I feel like, in that context, "cammer" must be the photographer/videographer.

I hate to double post, but this is truly random.

Last night while up at 4:00 am I decided that if I owned a restaurant I'd have an item called the Squinch on the menu. It would be bologna on white bread with American cheese, mayo and Ruffles potato chips. The chef then would flatten the sandwich by squishing it. Hence the name. This is also very similar to how I would make a sandwich as a 12 year old.

j22ebu20_5g6abp_1gtgb2w.png

Since that Cheeto has been using that so often, i scream internally from the irritation of seeing "sad" written like that.