Random Thoughts....

There needs to be a Venn diagram made, because those two intersect quite a bit.

Peer pressure. Responsible for 72% of all personal injuries since the rise of humanity.
I can relate. Peer pressure from other BMX dads made me sign up to be a 'real' rider as of next year. I predict lots of coming last and maybe some injuries, we'll see

Last edited:
How much alcohol was involved?

Random Thoughts....

Peer pressure was how I broke my collar bone in 5th grade. ?Do a flip!? On the swings at school, was going high enough. You know how school swings have that deep run of wood chips that go up on either side? I flipped over right at the top and I guess how I landed was on my shoulder and cracked my collar bone.

I didn?t say anything because I didn?t think it was that bad, even though I couldn?t lift or really use my left arm for anything. Happened on a Monday, went to the docs for an X-ray on a Thursday.

Last edited:

*shudders*

Does this mean we will get 'skater' and 'wiggar' dads as soon as the 90's kids enter early midlife crisis age next? :lol:

Last edited:
Bring it! That?ll be funny.

Wendy's changed from yellow to brown paper napkins. I don't know if this was recent.

I live near the spot where Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia come together, so I?m in fast-food restaurants in all three states. Wendy?s napkins have been brown/tan for several years in all three states. Not a problem for me ? just as long as they don?t run out (I?m a bit messy?).

So, after much harassment from friends, I finally signed up for skate school. I should start taking bets on how I get injured first...

On the plus side, cold ice rink in Aussie summer = sweet.

Ask if they?ll let you learn on hockey skates. I took skating as a physical education class many years ago at Ohio State. The instructor was one of the hockey coaches ? he told us that if you learned on hockey skates, you could skate on any type!

I don?t skate too often now, but I still enjoy it. Just taking a couple of strokes and gliding along through the cold air is soooo refreshing!

Edit: Also, lace your skates as tight as you can without it being painful - but still be prepared for 'wobbly' ankles...
Don't be afraid to stay near the outer edges of the rink until you get your 'legs'.
And, if you feel yourself starting to lose your balance, shift your weight and do your best to fall forward so you have a chance at catching yourself!

SL

Last edited:
*shudders*

Does this mean we will get 'skater' and 'wiggar' dads as soon as the 90's kids enter early midlife crisis age next? :lol:

My step uncle is one of those already and he?s a 80?S kid lol

I4cRkPK.jpg

Edit: I do realize I'm at the very bottom of that coolness curve :cry:

Last edited:
*shudders*

Does this mean we will get 'skater' and 'wiggar' dads as soon as the 90's kids enter early midlife crisis age next?
I think skater dad is already a thing :dunno:

I never raced BMX in the 80s, dunno why really. I only started a couple of months ago....

Midlife crisis, maybe, then again YOLO.... There's a whole bunch of dads who want to play with us but can't because their back is fucked or their knees are screwed or whatever.... I have no such complaints so it's like now or never

Last edited:
Yup, you just comfirmed your own midlife crisis by using the phrase 'YOLO' dude :p

Last edited:
Wonder if that?s been anybody?s last words yet.

I think skater dad is already a thing :dunno:

I never raced BMX in the 80s, dunno why really. I only started a couple of months ago....

Midlife crisis, maybe, then again carpe diem..... There's a whole bunch of dads who want to play with us but can't because their back is fucked or their knees are screwed or whatever.... I have no such complaints so it's like now or never

FTFY. It's what grown ups say in place of YOLO. Handy to know as it helps prevent stab wounds or shame at the hands of a perpetually grumpy, former truck-driving fellow Belgiumist.

Ask if they?ll let you learn on hockey skates. I took skating as a physical education class many years ago at Ohio State. The instructor was one of the hockey coaches ? he told us that if you learned on hockey skates, you could skate on any type!

I don?t skate too often now, but I still enjoy it. Just taking a couple of strokes and gliding along through the cold air is soooo refreshing!

Edit: Also, lace your skates as tight as you can without it being painful - but still be prepared for 'wobbly' ankles...
Don't be afraid to stay near the outer edges of the rink until you get your 'legs'.
And, if you feel yourself starting to lose your balance, shift your weight and do your best to fall forward so you have a chance at catching yourself!

SL

I believe the rental skates are closer to figure skates, but they do recommend looking into getting your own skates if you want to continue with it past the beginners course.
Since the eventual aim with these friends is to play something resembling hockey, then it's likely I'll be in the market for hockey skates in the early new year.

Thanks for the tips!

Gosh, I hope this is allergies. Throat started to feel sore Sunday evening. Monday seemed ok though, I woke to that sick ?every muscle hurts? deal which got better throughout the day. Yesterday, halfway through the morning, my voice started to go horse and throat started hurting again. While driving home yesterday, I started to cough and it started to get progressively more intense. By the time I got home, my head was throbbing and throat was on fire. Got some tea and did the trick. Took DayQuil (yeah, I don?t know) and went to sleep. Woke up around 3AM coughing, bladder screaming to pee, with hip and butt muscle pain. Stretched a little and calmed that down enough to sleep. Woke up around 8 (late flight today) and got ready for the day. Throat didn?t hurt at all however, Head was throbbing and butt muscles hurt. During all of this, my eyes are watery.

Just fucking go away.

File under: Things that I didn't know existed...

File under: Things that I didn't know existed...

Pumpkin bombing

What's required:
A bunch of crazy pilots and co-pilots
As many old, open-cockpit airplanes as you can round up
An "airfield", grass runway is encouraged
A farm, the larger the better, where you can put a big bulls-eye in a field
Lots of pumpkins

Your guess about the 'rules' is as good as mine! :p

My brother-in-law is going to one today. I have no idea if there will be photos available.
I'm pretty sure that I'm not supposed to disclose the location...:lol:

SL

That sounds like a lot of fun.

Pumpkin bombing

What's required:
A bunch of crazy pilots and co-pilots
As many old, open-cockpit airplanes as you can round up
An "airfield", grass runway is encouraged
A farm, the larger the better, where you can put a big bulls-eye in a field
Lots of pumpkins

Your guess about the 'rules' is as good as mine! :p

My brother-in-law is going to one today. I have no idea if there will be photos available.
I'm pretty sure that I'm not supposed to disclose the location...:lol:

SL

:threadnopics: