Random Thoughts....

Redliner;n3541499 said:
I joined *checks date* 12 years ago. You kids were still in school. :p

Can confirm, was at school when I joined.

Last edited:
Redliner;n3541499 said:

*Checks current date on calendar* 12 years ago I had already retired! STILL retired...
I've only been HERE about 2.5 years, though. :p

FWIW, I've just revived a thirteen-year-old iPod.

Well, it is probably worth no more than 20p, but at least I won't have to take my phone into the bedroom anymore to be able to fall asleep to the n[SUP]th[/SUP] repeat of an audiobook. :D

It is Monday night and I have already worked 41.5 hours in 3 days this week.

Can't wait to go back home.

Should I get my stepmom a Chromebook or would that be a weird gift to give? I?d also feel like I?d have to then find a comperably priced gift for my dad...

Shes complained about how slow the laptop they have is and seemed open to the suggestion of using one.

Decisions...

Why would a Chromebook be a weird gift? You work in IT and her laptop is shit, it is an obvious gift.

Dr_Grip;n3542048 said:
Why would a Chromebook be a weird gift? You work in IT and her laptop is shit, it is an obvious gift.
This man speaks the truth. ;) I give my mum PC parts (including assembly :p ) all the time and she's very appreciative. :)

Just give it to both of them so Dad will feel appreciated too.

Still waiting for my skates to arrive... Almost all the accessories I ordered have arrived (my blade soakers appear lost currently), but I want my skates!! I can't deal with the rentals anymore. They make it near impossible to stand due to foot cramps. The shop is having a Christmas sale on Saturday, so I've talked a couple of people into going, and we'll see what I come home with...maybe the skates are there and they've forgotten to call. Again.
When they rang to tell me they'd been ordered the day I went into the store, I thought that was a redundant call, but apparently they'd forgotten to call for about 3 days).

There is a saying in German: "a good german employee gets ill on the weekend" - it seems I'm a good employee since I got ill on Friday night, yesterday when I went to bed I was still not really well again, but today I feel fine...

Called the hockey store on Friday. Turns out they had forgotten to call me. So I headed in after work to get my awesome new skates baked and fitted. The rink I skate at is closed until after Christmas now - to strip and rebuild the ice surface, which has been shit since July, but downright dangerous the last couple of weeks. So I'll have to head to a different rink to try these babies out.

Last edited:
Maybe I’ve not been drinking enough but, how the hell could anybody think they could drive home while feeling they just got off a marry go round? I was stomping up the stairs trying to grab the railing as tightly as possible while coming up from the basement tv room tonight just to use the bathroom. That tells me I am in no way fit to drive.

Maybe I’ve not been drinking enough but, how the hell could anybody think they could drive home while feeling they just got off a marry go round? I was stomping up the stairs trying to grab the railing as tightly as possible while coming up from the basement tv room tonight just to use the bathroom. That tells me I am in no way fit to drive.

Also, my fingers are starting to feel numb. Only a tad though.

Everyone is different so there are (too many) people who don't feel the effects of Alcohol as much as you do and think "ah, it won't be that bad" (as long as they think about that at all)... :(

I could go in to a lot of detail about how alcohol affects people, the difference between physical and mental tolerance, and so forth, but here's the short version:

If you have not been drinking much in your life and you have a naturally lower tolerance combined with a not-overly-pleasurable response to alcohol, you are less likely to develop an alcohol related problem. Some people have a naturally higher physical tolerance, so they feel the effects of intoxication less despite being equally mentally impaired. Tolerance can rise with use, but physical tolerance (the feeling of intoxication) goes up much faster than mental tolerance (impaired judgement). Since you don't have a particularly pleasurable response to alcohol, you are less likely to drink heavily. Since you have a low tolerance, it takes less alcohol for you to feel the effects, also meaning you are less likely to drink heavily. Since you are less likely to drink heavily, you are not likely to increase your tolerance or fall into a state-dependent restriction.

Short short answer - some people find alcohol really pleasurable, others don't.

Redliner;n3541499 said:

.... I was 14. :D

I was also homeschooled from 6th-senior year of high school. Does homeschooling count as real school anyways? :D

93Flareside;n3542495 said:

Reviving this discussion from last week. I keep telling you folks how crazy the people around here are...

The Charleston, WV Police Dept. set up a DUI checkpoint
They announced its location and times in advance
Then, they had to shut it down early because they issued so many citations and made so many arrests that they didn't have enough officers to keep it up and running...
You just can't make up this shit!
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Ch...ny-arrests-51-citations-issued-465828803.html

SL