Random Thoughts....

Well shit, that was strange. I was just looking on Google for information on a buzzing noise that comes over the speakers in Bugsy (quite a specific search) and the 7th result was a link to Viper's blog, a post from 2010 related to a PC buzzing noise. I didn't even look before clicking it and it was the only link that was highlighted with a box around it. Bit of a surprise, I can tell you.

Looked at a house today, it had a standalone shower between the garage, office, den and kitchen. No bathroom, just shower. What the fuck?

Also the oven in the kitchen was from when Frigidaire was still a division of General Motors.

ORgxgwtl.jpg

I knew there as an association at one point, but never knew GM was actually their parent company and put their branding on appliances.

Also the oven in the kitchen was from when Frigidaire was still a division of General Motors.
I knew there as an association at one point, but never knew GM was actually their parent company and put their branding on appliances.
Whoa. I never knew such thing happened.
Fun fact: for a while, "Frigidaire" was synonym in Brazil for fridge, like "Xerox" was to photocopy.

Yup. Same here.

Fun fact: When GM was figuring automotive air conditioning in the mid 50's, they had Frigidaire and Harrison (who was their radiator division) do an in-house competition on who could make the superior system. Frigidaire went at it with their fridge and early auto A/C experience and did something very traditional for the time (enormous trunk-mounted system with cooling ducts on the parcel shelf and headliner). Harrison worked on optimizing the condenser to the point where it could be placed alongside the radiator without compromising airflow. That and work on miniaturizing the piston compressor and evaporator allowed them to place the entire system in the engine bay.

In 1954 the Harrison design was included as an option in Pontiacs. by 1957, every manufacturer had adopted a system similar to the Harrison design. Unfortunately, Harrison kinda got screwed on the credit side of things as GM decided that the systems would still be branded "Frigidaire" for brand recognition purposes.

1007-01-automotive-air-conditioning-chevrolet.jpg

GM sold Frigidaire in 1979. I'm not sure when GM branding stopped being prominent on their white goods line, however.

Last edited:
Looking at the font, I’d say it’s pre ‘79. Don’t open any covers of thing, old kitchen appliances gross me out.

And here's a Harrison branded ad from a later date (1961/62)

c67228cb4050558c446aa6fbb578834e.jpg

Note the smaller "Compressor by Frigidaire" on the lower right of the ad. By 1962 point the familiar A6 compressor had made its way into production and could have been branded with either of the names.

Hear hear!