Random Thoughts....

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Went to drop the mercury off at the mechanics which is the defecto cruise-mobile for hank, my beagle. As I’m walking down the driveway I hear howling. I didn’t want to go for a drive, but hank wanted a car ride, so we compromised and went for an hour long drive around town.

Tram13

Four months after an earthquake hit Zagreb, severe weather hit the Zagreb area and flooded the city centre. A man was stranded in a car in an underpass in the centre of Zagreb, luckily, he was rescued. Unfortunately, a firefighter died while intervening in a building. I'm okay, and thankfully not affected by the flood, at least from what I know.

In this article (in Croatian) you can see some videos of the flood.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Anyone have experience with IKEA furniture? We are in need of a new sofa and wasn't sure how well they held up to wear.

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
^ I have experience of them on a comfort level which was meh. I'd say lovesac

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Copy, I'll look into them.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Most of my furniture is from the Swedish place. The sofa is a “FRIHETEN” (Freedumb sofa! Murrica!) and it’s comfortable enough for its price. Don’t buy anything cheaper than that is my one piece of advice.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Anyone have experience with IKEA furniture? We are in need of a new sofa and wasn't sure how well they held up to wear.
Im interested in this journey. As a legal adult, I really cannot fathom spending money that some places charge for sofas. It seems insane.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Im interested in this journey. As a legal adult, I really cannot fathom spending money that some places charge for sofas. It seems insane.
So far as an adult I have never bought a new sofa. Always buying nice used stuff from friends and such. Last time I bought a couch and recliner for $50. Going to be hard to spend real money.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
I bought customized sofa from Rooms To Go like 6 years ago. I went to many different stores and sat on many different sofas because my main requirements were plush/comfortable and long enough for me to lay down on. RTG won out with this one, and it has a pull out bed which is not terrible in the fact that you can't feel the cross bar under the mattress. Not sure if they still do their iSofa customizing thing or not, but would recommend. I got to choose the fabric, pull out mattress type, and 2 pillows. I think it was $700, and they delivered it up to my second story living room.

2 or 3 weeks ago I went and helped some friends pick up a sectional sofa from Ikea, then we assembled it. The floor model sofa was more comfortable than the brand new one, but I guess that's to be expected after it's been sat on by thousands of people. In some time I expect theirs will soften up, too. To me it seems a bit overpriced for the build quality (some of the velcro strips that hold the cover on were about an inch out of where they should have been, but it was at least on the inside of the armrest between the frame, so not a problem once assembled), but given that it's reconfigurable/expandable and you can buy different/new covers for it it probably balances out value wise.