Random Thoughts....

A fuel station in my area got diesel in the 95 octane system because a tanker truck driver fucked up. What's worse, instead of telling the shopkeeper what happened he just drove off thinking nobody would notice. Of course they noticed, when customers' started conking out on the road minutes left and right after they filled up.

How bad is it: the government had to warn people not to fill plastic bags full of gas.

Y‘ALL DON’T TELL ME WHAT I GET TO DO WITH MUH FREEDUMB!!! IMMA DO WHAT I WANT!

good god, I’m fully prepared for the News in a few weeks of houses randomly burning down for some reason…

How do you think they planned to get the fuel out of the bags? Silly me, it's unlikely that they had thought this far.

Personally I'd go for a Mousetrap-esque bath on a platform deal with a hose.

Just got off the phone with a mechanicals boiler service guy I work with sometimes. A hospital we sold equipment in 2012 to that had to be in the high $100,000 for just our equipment, not installation and shit, is being replaced with brand new equipment.

Don’t tell me hospitals need the exorbitant fees they charge because I was told this project is being done because things are “political” in the hospital management not because of changing standards or whatever.

/rant

Summer is coming! Spring is great, warm weather!

Yes but...

I need to keep up on checking Hank for ticks. Last weekend I found a couple on him under his armpit and one on his ear. Both are nice warm spots. One was difficult to pull off, so it’s been on for a little while, the other was easy. I’m doing my usual youtuber watch on a Saturday morning and saw a tick crawling up my jeans. Hank was just out and on this couch. Cue me checking hank all over and thankfully finding none. That said, his old man moles didn’t help determine what’s what. He’s at least 8 years old so it’s expected.

Summer is coming! Spring is great, warm weather!

Yes but...

I need to keep up on checking Hank for ticks. Last weekend I found a couple on him under his armpit and one on his ear. Both are nice warm spots. One was difficult to pull off, so it’s been on for a little while, the other was easy. I’m doing my usual youtuber watch on a Saturday morning and saw a tick crawling up my jeans. Hank was just out and on this couch. Cue me checking hank all over and thankfully finding none. That said, his old man moles didn’t help determine what’s what. He’s at least 8 years old so it’s expected.
I really hope Hank is a dog

So I bought a small cheap wine bottle fridge about a year ago and it recently started developing an annoying buzzing noise. I took a few panels and bits and pieces off and voilà, the offending part was a standard 80x80x25mm 12V fan. Not even €10 on Amazon with free shipping.

The replacement arrived today and after a tiny bit of soldering, the new fan is in and the fridge seems quieter than when it was new. I can hardly believe that I bought a cheap electric device with easily replaceable standard parts in it in 2020. o_O

Peltier cell fridges are fantastically simple and there's very little to go wrong, even if they aren't efficient. It's always an annoyance of mine where crappy standard size computer fans are used though, the good quality ones aren't expensive as you say but somehow the manufacturers manage to find the shittiest ones.

I replaced the fans on my 3D printer last year because one started screeching, even before that they were both really loud. the new ones are completely silent and were easy to replace (even with the need to add 24V to 12V stepdown boards), it just makes me wonder how/why they choose such crap fans on otherwise good products.

I learned a while back that caravan fridges, the ones that switch between 12V DC, 230V AC and propane as they see fit, are Peltier Cell when they're running on electricity. They usually can't keep up when the sun is shining straight on the wall where the fridge is. 40C behind the fridge gets you 20C inside which means your groceries will have a bad time. My parents installed a proper 12V compressor fridge under the bed.

It's always an annoyance of mine where crappy standard size computer fans are used though, the good quality ones aren't expensive as you say but somehow the manufacturers manage to find the shittiest ones.
Yup. Looking back, I would have paid €5 more for better fans. But this way, I got a little bit of a project out of it, which isn’t a bad thing.

I have started wondering what would happen if I somehow managed to replace the second 12V fan (which is on the outside) of the fridge with that leftover 230V fan from an old heat pump clothes dryer… :ROFLMAO:

I have started wondering what would happen if I somehow managed to replace the second 12V fan (which is on the outside) of the fridge with that leftover 230V fan from an old heat pump clothes dryer… :ROFLMAO:
Don't let me put you off this crazy idea, but theoretically they have specced the outer fan to dissipate the heat from the cell/heatsink as efficiently as possible. They probably haven't in reality but you'll certainly get to the point pretty quickly where the wattage of the cell is your bottleneck and you probably won't notice the difference.

They may also use the outer fan to regulate the efficiency of the cell and reduce icing on the inside. Probably overthinking a Chinese made mini-fridge but whatever. :p

How do I wring out my mental “sponge?” I feel like I’m at maximum absorption as far as retaining anything important. I can sometimes feel my pulse in my temple.

How do I wring out my mental “sponge?” I feel like I’m at maximum absorption as far as retaining anything important. I can sometimes feel my pulse in my temple.
Sounds like you are in dire need of some downtime. Plan a weeklong vacation, turn off anything work related and tell all your colleagues to not bother contacting you, because you won't respond.

For immediate relief, I recommend putting all technical devices away and sitting around doing nothing. Maybe have a nice snack, but otherwise just let your mind wander and travel.

Cool up some chocolate chip cookies from the recipe on the back of the bag. Eat and nostalgic. Also, heroin.

(I'm kidding. Don't do heroin).

Weed?

Or vacation. I can usually turn off my brain from work for most of the time I'm gone.

Yeah, I have a week off in June, I am trying to figure out what to do with that. I started watching a channel that focused on a couple Amtrak routes, but the Empire Builder and Southwest Chief are both booked enough to cause this short of a timeframe to make a small bedroom be more than a flight west. I may find one east. I'm looking for something where the trip won't require me to be *there* so to speak.

The weed idea has come up often, there's quite a few CBD shops that I may try some edibles from, I just have to remember to not eat half or the whole damn package, otherwise it seem some people can have some weird side effects, like calling their parents and being super apologetic about crap.... ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Sounds like you are in dire need of some downtime. Plan a weeklong vacation, turn off anything work related and tell all your colleagues to not bother contacting you, because you won't respond.

This absolutely is something I've realized why I enjoy ringmeet so much despite some of its, shall we say hiccups along the way. There's absolutely no choice about being unplugged from my work like. The other thing is, with changing positions to basically become the Catchall for all things not sales related means I am not coping well with having so much shit being piled on me. Which is why I'm working on correcting that. I apparently liked what I did before the change even though it never felt rewarding.

For immediate relief, I recommend putting all technical devices away and sitting around doing nothing. Maybe have a nice snack, but otherwise just let your mind wander and travel.

For now, I cannot have silence where my only focus is my thoughts. This is also why for about a decade now I've gone to sleep to Top Gear episodes.

Cool up some chocolate chip cookies from the recipe on the back of the bag. Eat and nostalgic. Also, heroin.

(I'm kidding. Don't do heroin).

Aww, you're no fun! :shakefist:

Yeah, I have a week off in June, I am trying to figure out what to do with that. I started watching a channel that focused on a couple Amtrak routes, but the Empire Builder and Southwest Chief are both booked enough to cause this short of a timeframe to make a small bedroom be more than a flight west. I may find one east. I'm looking for something where the trip won't require me to be *there* so to speak.

The weed idea has come up often, there's quite a few CBD shops that I may try some edibles from, I just have to remember to not eat half or the whole damn package, otherwise it seem some people can have some weird side effects, like calling their parents and being super apologetic about crap.... ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Amtrak could be fun. But like you say, it gets expensive quick.

I know nothing about weed, just what is in the wider world of pop culture.

I did try some CBD a few times, no effect on me. Made others sleepy.