Random Thoughts....

you can skip it Kansas City is Missouri the State is a territory at best
Ill step across the border one day, take a picture and count it. I was gonna actually go there in 2017 for the total solar eclipse but prevailing weather changed our course and we headed to Tennessee (for the first time). It was an unbelievable experience.

9E43A583-D2D8-4A79-AAA5-341C6C9F732C.png

Bummer. I'd find a breakfast spot for bagel goodness. It's like breakfast salami of happiness.
A few years ago I visited Tappan, NY which isn’t so crowded and is kind of nice. There was a nice breakfast spot for the required bacon egg and cheese bagel.

as a commie European, I gotta go with this instead, yes?
amCharts.jpg

… for the US I don’t even know which state, but it was literally setting foot on US soil one single time, docking there while sailing on one of the Great Lakes coming from Canada. and missing the July 4th fireworks because I was a tired ass 10yo and being mad as hell about it later :|

Last edited:
as a commie European, I gotta go with this instead, yes?
View attachment 3563152
That's impressive though!

I've only been to 6 countries: USA, Canada, India, New Zealand, Chile, and Malaysia

If we count airports: Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Qatar, UAE, France

1638468135642.png

Umm... It was just this. And even then, I didn't stop in Italy for more than half an hour or so.

That's impressive though!

If we count airports: Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Qatar, UAE, France

I feel that way about German having been to Berlin. Some places stand on their own, some places are too big to get arms around.

I was staying in Mass. and drove to Rhode Island to go to a bar where a band was playing. When I got there, they had closed early for the night since nobody was there, so I turned around and went back to my R.I. hotel. It was late at night, so I didn't see much of it. That's my entire RI visit summary.

Connecticut: when my Boston-to-NY train stopped in New Haven CT, a freight train passed us on parallel tracks and derailed, blocking the tracks. We had to de-train, and I slept the night in the new Haven train station until I got word that I could catch a bus at a station a mile or two away. I took a cab to...as close as I could get, then had to run as fast as I could for the bus, dragging/destroying my luggage behind me, only catching it by the last second.

The states between (but not including) Wisconsin and Nevada (including Montana) were just on two cross-country drives from Wisconsin to California, and never stopped for anything besides gas, and sleeping in the car. Indiana was just on our way from Wisconsin to Michigan by car, and if we stopped, it was only for gas/food.

I've *seen* Minnesota one additional time, but from across the river in Wisconsin.
1638473156257.png

Denmark was 40 a minute visit, by ferry, to an ice cream shop, simply to get a passport stamp. France was when my German host family in Freiburg drove there one day for a liquor store run and I spent maybe 2 hours in the country, mostly sitting in a 90s Opel station wagon.
1638472075748.png

Last edited:
A couple of white spots in the middle of Europe are left, I might cycle there at some point just to tick them off my list... :p

Visited Countries.jpg

How can you possibly do the Netherlands, France and Germany but miss Belgium? You need to pass through it atleast? Or you guys fly everywhere?

Here’s mine… only Europe for now

c886b0fd70288d69206ded44155c1188.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 2.46.20 PM.png

Feeling senile. I can't remember if I've been to Iowa or New Hampshire. Somehow I think I've been to Iowa, but I don't think I've been to New Hampshire. I'm pretty sure the only place I've been to in Minnesota is Minneapolis' airport.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 3.01.27 PM.png

I gotta fix this one. The only place I've been to in the Netherlands is the airport, too. :( But hey, I got Luxembourg and Liechtenstein! Haha.

• Wow
Reactions: LP
amCharts~2.png

Difficult for me to remember what I did in each state. Some I went to for work, others for vacation, West Virginia was a drive through, but we did stop in the capital and got a nice lunch at a taco shop run by hippies.

This summer I was mere miles from Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey, but just didn't feel like driving anymore than I had to. So I still need a NW and NE run. I'd also love to road trip to Alaska through Canada.

Only country I've visited outside of the US was Mexico. Would love to travel more internationally, but that's big $$$ when you've got to pay for two tickets (Gena would kill me if I took an international vacation without her).

Only country I've visited outside of the US was Mexico. Would love to travel more internationally, but that's big $$$ when you've got to pay for two tickets (Gena would kill me if I took an international vacation without her).

My suggestion would be Asia though with covid as it is. Our trips to Japan, China, Singapore* were great and surprisingly affordable.

I tick off Malaysia off the list but one city... At the same time when I lived in Kansas if someone was to say have their plane diverted and they were at the airport and had eaten.... Yeah I think that counts as Kansas

How can you possibly do the Netherlands, France and Germany but miss Belgium? You need to pass through it atleast?
Who said visiting the Netherlands and France had to be on the same trip/vacation? I live in Germany, and Germany and France do share something called a land border, more than 400 km of it to cross without ever needing to go through Belgium or flying... ;)

I might have traveled through Belgium to get to England though, but that was on a bus while on a school trip in something like 9th grade so I don't remember where we went so for me it didn't happen anyway.

Can’t blame you, Scotland is bloody gorgeous!

It has it's highlights, for example I was in Kilmarnock last week:

6f6937ba-397d-469d-9576-ad76584f7e01.jpg

You know it's a nice place because it was built on the back of industries that stopped existing 40 years ago...