Random Thoughts....

I found the station on Le Google.

View attachment 3563321

Kiss 'N' Ride? Wat. Also cabbage billboards.

Quick drop off for taxi or families driving a friend or family member to the station. I’m unsure who needs an ad for cabbage. Like, we know grocery stores have them.

Another, smaller train.

C9CD6668-B10F-4B0D-98E3-76F1EF6B14C2.jpeg

CF7098CD-ACBE-4728-AF49-9F9E99DC3570.jpeg

So as that train stopped, mine did as well and everyone on this train apparaently watching this dude run up the steps, just as the doors closed he was waving his arms. Then the train starts moving and you hear people on this train go “awwwwww.”

I found the station on Le Google.

View attachment 3563321

Kiss 'N' Ride? Wat. Also cabbage billboards.
Hey, don't knock it for the right food. IDK if I've ever been as instantly hungry as when I saw a maultaschen billboard outside the train station in Stuttgart. Frozen maultaschen, but still...maultaschen. Gimme.

Cauliflower makes me the opposite of hungry, though.

ETA: lol of course I took a photo of it https://www.instagram.com/p/CSMckQkLBVA/

Last edited:
So as that train stopped, mine did as well and everyone on this train apparaently watching this dude run up the steps, just as the doors closed he was waving his arms. Then the train starts moving and you hear people on this train go “awwwwww.”
I thought the rule was that you all cheer and laugh, the same way everyone cheers if the train breaks down.

Hey, don't knock it for the right food. IDK if I've ever been as instantly hungry as when I saw a maultaschen billboard outside the train station in Stuttgart. Frozen maultaschen, but still...maultaschen. Gimme.
I can't even think of the last time I saw a banner advertising an food. I was remotely connected to someone's machine earlier and the web page they had open had three KFC adverts on it but I don't like KFC so meh.

I am wearing a mask and on the upper level. Destination, Chicago for a certain market for a certain holiday.

View attachment 3563319
Wait, what? In the upper deck there are only folding seats perpendicular to the direction the train is moving? Why? Every time someone want to move (from a seat to the exit or vice versa) everybody on that side has to stand up to let that person through, and if both seats next to you are occupied you can't really look out except through the windows opposite to you, behind the other row of people sitting there...

I don't think you're getting more capacity from that design compared to a design where just the middle part is two levels, but with normal central aisles and non-folding seats, for example those (picture of the lower deck here, picture of the upper deck here). :dunno:

Wait, what? In the upper deck there are only folding seats perpendicular to the direction the train is moving? Why? Every time someone want to move (from a seat to the exit or vice versa) everybody on that side has to stand up to let that person through, and if both seats next to you are occupied you can't really look out except through the windows opposite to you, behind the other row of people sitting there...

I don't think you're getting more capacity from that design compared to a design where just the middle part is two levels, but with normal central aisles and non-folding seats, for example those (picture of the lower deck here, picture of the upper deck here). :dunno:

I don’t think so, but there are 4 seats on each side at the top that you can flip the back depending on direction.

You can take a bike on board!

A3A992A2-314A-4D8E-9A90-EF2B0EFAFA51.jpeg

#notjustbikes they also designate that as wheel chair section.

Yup, on the trains I (very rarely) take in Germany there is at least one carriage which has such a section on the lower deck. Depending on the operator and the type of carriage you either get half of the length between the entry areas or the full length, often with fixings like those to secure the bikes.

Those are the same cars as the Virginia Rail Express (commuter line that runs up and down Interstate 95 to Washington DC). The trains share the heavy-rail lines as freight cars and Amtrak, and have a dedicated timetable.
1640037058242.png

1640037159577.png

Just watched Home Alone, amused me that there's a Metra train in that film.
The trains share the heavy-rail lines as freight cars and Amtrak, and have a dedicated timetable.
There are different types rail lines in the US? Apparently I missed this.

Just watched Home Alone, amused me that there's a Metra train in that film.

There are different types rail lines in the US? Apparently I missed this.
Yup, we use a mixture of light and heavy rail systems. Light rail is the traditional passenger systems (California BART, New York Subway, Washington DC WMATA).

Heavy Rail handles freight, long range passenger traffic, some commuter systems (Metra, VRE, etc) ( lines owned by regional companies);
1640039076099.png

“Ownerership” heh.

Living on the coast at the end of the rail, the train is the perfect mode of transport if you want to go southeast. For everything else you need rubber wheels.