Random Thoughts....

I was unwanted, an unwanted child

Argh. My best friend’s mother didn’t want children, but was talked (perhaps pressured) into having one. Results: disastrous.

You need a fucking break. Hope you can catch one.

And a vacation out of Belgium

I still haven't forgiven Belgium for breaking my Smart, it lasted 13 years with no problems, one bout of torrential Belgian rain and the ECU shat itself...

So, I currently have guy next to me 'wizz kid', came from a good family, had a good upbringing, lots of money, Dad had lot's of connections.....aced high school, then went to College and after that started his own company with help from daddies money and connections, now he is 25, his company does 'something' in IT and he thinks he owns the world, so he asks me 'why aren't YOU more succesfull?' .......bitch, when I was your age I was busy surviving, working day and night just to put food on the table......I came from whatever is below the gutter.....the only thing they ever handed me was debt and responsibilities I logicly had no business in having.....

Right......time for a Scotch.

I heard someone give a quick reply in a similar conversation (someone comparing their success to someone else's "lack"), which seemed to end it. "You inherited keys. He inherited an anchor."

I heard someone give a quick reply in a similar conversation (someone comparing their success to someone else's "lack"), which seemed to end it. "You inherited keys. He inherited an anchor."
Very good response......I wish I was so 'ad rem' ....thanks guys, it means a lot.

I hope you told him that too. Sometimes a reality check does wonders.
I did.....he failed to see the referency, it's ok, ignorance breeds more ignorance, you just have to feel sorry for them really.....

Apparently Spaceport Cornwall didn't go so well, I was never convinced with this unconventional way of launching a rocket. Not sure I trust these guys though, based on their stream.

There was a discussion post assignment for school, and we were supposed to answer "Who would you like to have lunch with, living dead, or even fictional

So far three people have answered. Two have responded with Kanye West, and the third person said someone else, but then replied to one of those other two with, "oh yeah i should have kanye". So that means, counting my reply, only 75% of respondents think Kanya would be the best lunch out of everyone in history, living or dead or even fictional.

I said Ziggy Stardust. No, not David Bowie...the character he portrayed.

B1efJBv.jpeg

Why right now, I wrote "jackass" and it made me smile and giggle? :D

I guess it's been a while since I saw that word.

I am looking into getting a new home office chair, as the current one is quite literally junk. It was cheap in the first place, it's very worn out and it just belongs to trash.

Unfortunately, I can't spend too much on a chair, so I turned to the second-hand market. There were some IKEA Markuses for not even that low prices, which I missed. But today, I found an IKEA Järvfjället for €50, and I'm tempted. It's not without its faults for €50: the armrests are missing and there is a cigarette hole, leading me to believe the seller is a smoker.

Is there a way to wash those, or some other way to take the smell out? I'm really tempted by this, I'd rather spend €50 on an IKEA chair than on some new copycat crap sold by a copycat company.

The Järvfjället looks like similar material to my cloth Markus, I've used the handheld tool of our carpet cleaner vacuum on it and the sponge inside wasn't damaged, if you know someone who has one or can take it to a car detailing place to give it a wet vac that should take the smell out. As long as it isn't soaked it won't do any harm.

The bearing in the bottom of my Markus sounds awful, I've re-greased it several times but it must be time to do it again. it's a very small set of ball bearings supporting a fair amount of fidget-arse. :D

I wonder what the people in the print shop think about some of these books. “These two sure liked their eggplant!”

Having a company print it is one heck of a way to give away private information. I doubt many people using the service would stop to consider that.

Having a company print it is one heck of a way to give away private information.
... of the other persons in the conversation, too. I bet most people overlook the fact that only because you are okay with giving away that info, the people you talked with in private might not be.

I'd still use such a service just to own a book with #Analgear as the title.

Went to an older couple's apartment today that had a leaky radiator and my colleague and I ended up having to remove it due to where the leak in the radiator is.

Parts of this played in my head, apparently I am part of a Werner cartoon now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRIn8Yu7rU0