Random Thoughts....

Thankfully, they found him without incident (them? There were two arrests) and it was a replica firearm of some sort. No idea of it was a "real" replica, an airport, or some sort of theater prop at this point yet.

Anyone else get frequent private messages on Reddit where it's just someone saying one or two words, and then a link to some random wood-handled non-stick frying pan?

Anyone else get frequent private messages on Reddit where it's just someone saying one or two words, and then a link to some random wood-handled non-stick frying pan?
huh huh

wood

If you're clicking the links, that's probably why you keep getting them. Maybe bots testing to see what you'll click. Can't say I've had one myself.

If you're clicking the links, that's probably why you keep getting them. Maybe bots testing to see what you'll click. Can't say I've had one myself.
Maybe. I only ever do it in a temp VM in a non-logged-in browser, but maybe the link is bespoke...

I searched for your bloody magnetic lightning cables on Amazon ONCE and now my Twitter ads are like HALF for one single brand of magnetic RGB magic spinning twisting unicorn hair lightning cable bullshit holy crap!

I searched for your bloody magnetic lightning cables on Amazon ONCE and now my Twitter ads are like HALF for one single brand of magnetic RGB magic spinning twisting unicorn hair lightning cable bullshit holy crap!

My coworker asked if I wanted the red wine a customer gave us yesterday. Instagram started showing me ads for red wine. Fuck off….

My coworker asked if I wanted the red wine a customer gave us yesterday. Instagram started showing me ads for red wine. Fuck off….
FWIW, the most likely scenario isn't an always-on microphone, but more that you were in the close proximity of someone whose history already included it.

FWIW, the most likely scenario isn't an always-on microphone, but more that you were in the close proximity of someone whose history already included it.

I have location data turned off for most of my apps and instagram is for sure one of those.

That really isn't any better.

My wife knows me far too well: I told her "I'm probably gonna pick up some spare parts for my project car this weekend" and she simply replied "Do these parts at least run and drive or will I be helping to push it up the driveway again after unloading?" :ROFLMAO:
I do have a habit of buying cheap donor cars/wrecks, strip them and sell or scrap what's remaining after I'm done.

Sie i don’t know where to put this but I just have to put this somewhere… here goes.

With the 20 year anniversary of the Iraq war coming up this photo has also resurfaced. I don’t remember it from back then. But as a fairly recently new father I cannot stop looking at it. It honestly just kills me thinking about those two… and still I can’t stop just looking at it and having a little weep.

Ok, THAT was too much toilet splash back…. :(

“Oh, that’s so good that cook at home, you’re saving money and learning a skill!”

Honestly, I just do it because I like the lasting smells it leaves. I’m tired of always cooking tbh.

I am confused - I know, nothing new, but today I'm especially confused... :-?

I clear my electricity bill directly with my utility company, not via my landlord. The electricity meter is being read sometime in April every year. Every year in November the utility companies inform you about next year's electricity prices, this year my gross price per kWh will nearly double from 24.8 to 48.3 ct/kWh. The last deduction of this accounting period is due on April 4th, I'll receive the new bill sometime in April. In Germany there is a new law which caps the gross price to 40 ct/kWh so the deductions have to recalculated based upon that cap. Today I received the corresponding letter, but the calculation there is completely wrong.
Last year I had deductions of 41 Euros per month so you'd expect the deductions to nearly double, right? Wrong - according to that letter I'd have to pay 20 Euros in April and 0 (yes, zero) monthly afterwards until the end of the year. :-? That doesn't compute for me...

Last year I had deductions of 41 Euros per month so you'd expect the deductions to nearly double, right? Wrong - according to that letter I'd have to pay 20 Euros in April and 0 (yes, zero) monthly afterwards until the end of the year. :-? That doesn't compute for me...
seems their hastily cobbled together automation for calculating the PREISBREMSE did some magic :p