• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Random Thoughts....

blingee-big.gif

This is what the inside of my brain is going to look like all week.

that track has more flag than track
Oh, it is very silly and over the top. I hated it at first, but it does define the track edge a bit better in those sections with big paved run-off areas.

So, I'm currently watching Lucifer and the way that character is written is just.......uncanny.

If the devil really is anything like that we are gonna get on like a house on fire when I get to hell, in 2 weeks I'll be helping run the place!

This guy is an over the top cartoonish version of me, he's hedonistic, selfish, arrogant, a complete assholes, he wipes his dick on any and all rules, he's evil but somehow he's not, capable of formidable evil but mostly choosing to inflict it on those he feels deserve it, yet capable of greatly caring and be protective of selected people, even the fucking dysfunctional family is included.....and just like with me it all confuses the fuck out of him.

@Cowboy I was just thinking I haven't read from you for some time the other day. Good to see you are alive, kicking, and comparing yourself to Neil Gaiman's version of Lucifer (one of the best).
As King Dude (whose brand of satanic country-folk you may actually enjoy) put it - Lucifer's the light of the world...

Why thanks Doc, I'm ok, rather good, around 6 months sober so no more drunk posting hence not being around so much, can't say I miss booze, never had any problem quitting either, guess I was never a real alcoholic :dunno:.....who knew right?

Still go to pubs, but a lot less often, non-alcoholic beer, still get in arguments with people so stupid they barely classify as sentient.....the usual.

Must ... resist ... urge ... to ... buy ... unnecessary ... additional ... bike ...

I just received a huge bonus from work so I could easily afford a very nice race or gravel bike, but with a new cargo bike just around the corner (ordered it in September, the last two missing components should arrive this or next week) and a very nicely working gravel bike with additional road wheel set it would be kinda weird to have two brand new bikes arriving within two weeks...

nicely working gravel bike with additional road wheel set
see, you know that's a compromise... :D hehehe

i know the problem... if there's simply "enough" money available, the unreasonable toys just start racking up. hence why I have a gravel frame from china on the way somewhere :| ahemm.

I live in Germany, today I drove to the Netherlands for ikea, had a snack at a Friterie in Belgium, then drove home. :D

I live in Germany, today I drove to the Netherlands for ikea, had a snack at a Friterie in Belgium, then drove home. :D
Why go all the way to NL for Ikea though? If you live in Aachen, sure, but anything further east? Better prices for the particular things you wanted? Yes that is absolutely a thing, sometimes with crazy high price differences between DE/NL - also not consistent in any way (product groups or sth)…
In any case: worth the trip for a proper Belgian Friture alone 😝

Timewise I live right in the middle between an Ikea in Belgium and one in the Netherlands and every time I check it I'm surprised at how big certain price differences are. With some things being cheaper in one country and other being cheaper in the other and I indeed it absolutely isn't consistent in any way. In average I would say if you bought furniture for an entire house you'd probably pay about the same in total in both countries.

Why go all the way to NL for Ikea though? If you live in Aachen, sure, but anything further east?
You made me curious. There's an IKEA in Heerlen/NL, but on the German side their nearest stores are along the Rhine, basically. So you need to live quite a bit away from the border to have one of those as the closest.

You made me curious. There's an IKEA in Heerlen/NL, but on the German side their nearest stores are along the Rhine, basically. So you need to live quite a bit away from the border to have one of those as the closest.
I’d argue anything that’s part of Düren (and anything until there I’d consider basically Aachen 😜) would be quicker (not necessarily close distance wise) to either of the cologne IKEAs, further north there’s Kaarst, I think?
While Heerlen IKEA is close, it takes a while to get there for some reason (no not the Dutch speed limits)… I’ve been there a lot (duh) and was always kinda surprised how long it took.

I bought an entire bedroom set in Ikea some years back, 600 bucks difference in Heerlen than in Hasselt (BE), same fucking bedroom set.

This country is fucking pathetic.