Random Thoughts....

Last edited:
I farted.

(A LOT.)

Can't remember if I've mentioned this before but there's a blackbird outside that keeps singing the main 5 notes from Barbie Girl by Aqua. You know - "I'm a Barbie girl".

No matter what I'm doing it's like a pin jabbed into my brain, I can't help but notice it every time. I'm tempted to record the sound but in all honesty I can't be bothered.

I've been seeing an increase of people putting unrelated photos as the first image of their Facebook Marketplace listings. In the past, it was usually just an accidental boomer selfie or grandkids pic or something, or some other unrelated randomness...but are people doing it on purpose now? Making FB Marketplace an even WORSE place to try to buy and sell?

1716070378722.png

All of Facebook is pure hell. All of it. Also, that looks like animal cruelty? I'd say report that garbage, but Facebook never responds to those, either. It's just a garbage fire hole from hell.

With Red Lobster recently filing for bankruptcy, am I the only one that wonders where Beyonce is going to take her man?

I got myself one of these hippie balance boards for my standing desk, because I tend to just put the desk up and then stand there for hours without moving... which is just as bad as just sitting all that time. so now I have a nice little toy to keep my legs and feet occupied... and launch myself across my room from time to time :|
1716560942176.png

I have both a cork half-sphere (the noob version) and this cork cylinder to put under the board and with zero actual practice it's really rather dodgy and I will definitely land on my face at some point. once on it, it's fine, but getting on and off is a bit weird still.

and also, something I did not take into account: since I'm basically standing on a 10 cm step with this thing, my desk also needs to go about 10 cm higher than before. only it can't. it's not too bad, it's only missing 2-3 cm, but it's noticeable that another few cm would actually be a little better. should've spent a little more on them damn motorized legs I guess to get a desk that goes a little higher... and that's a little more sturdy. this thing is rated for 60 or 70 kg... about half of which is just taken by the screen and speakers... so at full extension it's rather wobbly also, which doesn't inspire confidence in trying to keep myself up on the balance board by holding onto the desk.

anyway no regrets :p

edit: inbefore nice socks! also in before DIRTY FLOOR YOU GOT THERE huh

Could you get some of that height with the leveling feet? Even if it's just 1cm, every little bit helps.

If not, you could either add a spacer block between the desk base and the desk top, or just put the whole desk up on some sort of riser (either blocks of wood, or something like those bed risers). You could even replace the leveler feet with locking casters. I wouldn't recommend putting anything between the foot and the legs, as that is likely to introduce some sort of movement to that connection, introducing sway.

Could you get some of that height with the leveling feet? Even if it's just 1cm, every little bit helps.

If not, you could either add a spacer block between the desk base and the desk top, or just put the whole desk up on some sort of riser (either blocks of wood, or something like those bed risers). You could even replace the leveler feet with locking casters. I wouldn't recommend putting anything between the foot and the legs, as that is likely to introduce some sort of movement to that connection, introducing sway.
ohh nice, I didn’t even think about the leveling feet tbh - will see how far they can safely be extended. Thanks for that idea! I was already thinking of just putting some generously sized wood scrap pieces underneath the feet as an alternative… which would indeed probably look and feel… questionable 🙈 so a more sensible solution would indeed be to put those up top between the legs/base and top.

After an "argument" with someone on reddit (and by "arguement", I mean I provided peer-reviewed data that was counter to his beliefs, and he called me names), he claimed that I'm dumb, and that he had a higher IQ. So, I wished him a good night, and blocked him.

A couple hours later, I got a message from who I have to assume is the person using a different account, with a link to an online IQ test. Dude literally paid for it (or maybe he had a gift certificate or something), and said "191. Beat that, f****t". I assume he censored it so that it wouldn't get picked up as hate speech or something.

Now, I know that pretty much any test like this is illegitimate. But, I still took ithe test because I like puzzles, and when I've done these before, they are almost all about pattern recognition, and I hadn't done one of those in a while.

And since normally they make you take the "free test" and then charge you to see the results, I dont normally do them...but since this guy seems to have paid for it...why not?

Now, right there, that score should tell you how bullshit it is.

But what I'm reeeally hoping for is that, because he paid for it, that he gets to see my results. I dont know which outcome I think would be funnier...him thinking I'm a super genius, or a possible self-realization that, if someone that he thinks is stupid got 300+ but he only got 191, then what does that make him? Though I suspect it will actually be something like "fake news!".

So Zwift recently decided to increase their subscription by (in my case) 33%. Lots of backlash, of course, but they hadn't increased since 2017, and I honestly can't be bothered to get worked up about any of this.

... one week later, our workers council (is that the right term?) announced that they'd pushed through an increase in the "gym membership benefit"* we receive by 67% :ROFLMAO: so that still covers 100% of my zwift subscription, yay!

the lord taketh away, the lord giveth back? wait, that's not right... :|

*it's called this because it started out as a benefit payment for anyone who had an active contract at a gym. as you can see, the benefit is quite substantial. later, they worked out that this seems a little discriminatory (why only subsidize gym membership and not other forms of excercise?), so they opened it up to "any other membership for a sport that is covered by the DOSB (German Olympic Sports Confederation)"... and then I just had to explain to our HR people what the hell Zwift is and why they should cover it under said agreement.