• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Random Thoughts....

he claimed that I'm dumb, and that he had a higher IQ.

It’s always amusing how some people think that a high IQ is the one thing that qualifies you as a wise and competent person. You also need knowledge, curiosity, understanding, empathy, openness, diligence and humility and a bunch of skills and abilities won’t hurt either.

It’s always amusing how some people think that a high IQ is the one thing that qualifies you as a wise and competent person. You also need knowledge, curiosity, understanding, empathy, openness, diligence and humility and a bunch of skills and abilities won’t hurt either.
yeah this is really important and not many people get it.
Also, many many people seem to think that just because someone is "the boss" of a large company or has a lot of subordinates, that they are somehow smart (not even related to IQ) and even this is the case. Everyone just bullshits their way through life, and some people get lucky.

Having a lot of responsability / managing a big team does not always mean you are extremely intelligent, nor do you have to be.

I'm not saying all bosses are complete halfwits, but the more I talk to very experienced high up people, the more I notice a trend. It's either right time right place, or they got promoted into managing something they don't really understand, and they're just winging it.
Even so, winging it may work for several years until some major reorganisation puts them somewhere else.

Imposter syndrome is real though

I've seriously considered moving to Scotland, not for political reasons but because it's gorgeous up there.

Balloch seems appealing due to its proximity to Glasgow, relatively cheap houses, being on the edge of Loch Lomond and, of course, because it has a funny name.

I've seriously considered moving to Scotland, not for political reasons but because it's gorgeous up there.

Balloch seems appealing due to its proximity to Glasgow, relatively cheap houses, being on the edge of Loch Lomond and, of course, because it has a funny name.
I grew up on a street named that in the US. It is a street that didnt exist before the late 1980s. Subdivisions and all that.

DOO EET!

My frequent trips to Ingurland have yet to convince me of any reason to move back there...

Having said that there are many nice areas of the England, I spent a weekend around Nenthead on the Cumbria/County Durham border and it was gorgeous. Sadly also in the arse end of nowhere.

pee pee poo poo pee pee poo poo fart

Well, it didnt make today great, but it was an unexpected surprise tonight after the gym. I lost the rfid band that locks the locker i choose to use a month ago. I have been asking for a new one for weeks and was told theyre waiting for the delivery of new ones and I was told it would cost €20, fine no problem. Finally tonight i get someone at the desk as its mostly an unmanned gym. They have new ones and apparently the person who registered my old one never put it on my account. The lady adding the new one just registered a new one and said „your old one was was never registered to your account so it doesn‘t matter.“

Or in german terms „es ist quatsch“ per the lady. 😀

I have geek friends that are into board games and whatno. Because I too am a geek they think I'm into them too. And they've been trying to get me to play on weekends etc.
To me, a board game (or Magic card games or the like) looks like very hard office work. Something I can't see myself doing on my spare time. You spend an hour reading the rules and figuring stuff out, etc and you don't even accomplish anything because it's just a game. When it's over the world is exactly as before, unlike when I've put in a hard day's worth of actual real world office work.

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?
I used to play a bunch of board and computer games… but more and more, what with working full time and especially since having a kid, I also very much get the whole “what’s the point?”
I still waste my time in other pointless ways, though, but games don’t really figure anymore.

IMG_2210.jpeg

I got someone who I can share the pleasure and privilege of getting hit by a ten ton truck together with. That's great.

Only damage is to my trust in your pop culture knowledge...
You should have learned from Music League that we cannot keep up with your obscure references. :p :D

This may be the random thoughts thread, but that one was apparently a bit too random. ;)