• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Random Thoughts....

After an "argument" with someone on reddit (and by "arguement", I mean I provided peer-reviewed data that was counter to his beliefs, and he called me names), he claimed that I'm dumb, and that he had a higher IQ. So, I wished him a good night, and blocked him.

A couple hours later, I got a message from who I have to assume is the person using a different account, with a link to an online IQ test. Dude literally paid for it (or maybe he had a gift certificate or something), and said "191. Beat that, f****t". I assume he censored it so that it wouldn't get picked up as hate speech or something.

Now, I know that pretty much any test like this is illegitimate. But, I still took ithe test because I like puzzles, and when I've done these before, they are almost all about pattern recognition, and I hadn't done one of those in a while.

And since normally they make you take the "free test" and then charge you to see the results, I dont normally do them...but since this guy seems to have paid for it...why not?

Now, right there, that score should tell you how bullshit it is.

But what I'm reeeally hoping for is that, because he paid for it, that he gets to see my results. I dont know which outcome I think would be funnier...him thinking I'm a super genius, or a possible self-realization that, if someone that he thinks is stupid got 300+ but he only got 191, then what does that make him? Though I suspect it will actually be something like "fake news!".
In all my experience of reddit, I have deduced one thing.

Regardless of what you say, every response has the sole aim of letting you know they are more clever than you by proving you wrong.

In all my experience of reddit, I have deduced one thing.

Regardless of what you say, every response has the sole aim of letting you know they are more clever than you by proving you wrong.

Everyone on reddit is German?

You should have learned from Music League that we cannot keep up with your obscure references. :p :D

This may be the random thoughts thread, but that one was apparently a bit too random. ;)
I feel weird, glad that I got @Dr_Grip 's reference and also a bit old.

Man, y'all apparently missed out on some good Sad Teen listening. Morrissey may be a bit of a goof, but he knew how to make a mopey jam.

Man, y'all apparently missed out on some good Sad Teen listening. Morrissey may be a bit of a goof, but he knew how to make a mopey jam.

I listen to AFI sometimes! I used to more often as a teen though.

This, except that I discovered The Smiths in my mid-20s, and Morrissey's solo career a tad bit later. Still, better late than never.

Day 3? of stomach woe. Something I ate wasn't right, and I've been suffering as a result all week.

Getting very tired of curling up in a stomach-ball and eating mild food.

Had a stupidly frustrating experience with an Estonian car parts store customer support rep recently. Won't go into detail. Fact is, either I'm completely inept at communicating with people, or this person is a braindead post-Soviet dimwit who shouldn't be working in a customer facing role.

Shared my woes on a local car forum, just to warn people that this was my experience, and pay attention when ordering from this company.

I got tons of replies from people saying that their experience with that particular company was great. Some even went on to mention that their experience with that particular customer support rep was great. Some victim blaming too, but that's to be expected.

One commenter was especially useful.

He said his experience after ordering thousands of items over the years was spotless. Items come when ordered and never has he had any trouble with anything, pure perfection. He went on say that whenever there WERE issues he would not complain about it because he would take it as an expensive lesson.

I'm sitting there doing the Nathan Fillion.gif thing. Obviously if you never complain about anything, you never have any problems with anything.

Meanwhile I've spent hours of mental energy trying to get a 40€ faulty belt tensioner replaced or returned, so that's clearly worth it.

Right?

.... right?

Day 3? of stomach woe. Something I ate wasn't right, and I've been suffering as a result all week.

Getting very tired of curling up in a stomach-ball and eating mild food.
Finally gave up, took a Sick Afternoon, and went to the doctor. Gastroenteritis! There's a stomach virus going around, and I feel like hell.

Just let me die of dysentery if this keeps up for much longer. Ugh.

Going about my day with public transport and a folding bicycle today cause the car is having half its suspension replaced. And so far, everything’s gone flawlessly. Trains have been on time, the bike hasn’t broken in half or flatted, and despite them doing their very best, I’ve yet to be run over by a bus… huh

Going about my day with public transport and a folding bicycle today cause the car is having half its suspension replaced. And so far, everything’s gone flawlessly. Trains have been on time, the bike hasn’t broken in half or flatted, and despite them doing their very best, I’ve yet to be run over by a bus… huh

I‘ve been having good luck with DB services. Worst i had was early June going to Frankfurt and just as we are trying to leave from Köln HBF, the train makes a hard stop as if the e-brake was thrown. I guess in a sense it was as the announcement came over the intercom saying one of the rail cars had the brakes lock up. But 15 minutes of waiting and we were given another ICE train. So, i was close to missing my flight, but it all worked out.

Plus, I learned FRA has new security devices and it meant I was allowed to carry on those little Hela ketchup bottles on board. 😄

I absolutley hate that i have to transfer through Düren though from where i live. So far the most disgusting train station that needs a good wash throughout. 🤢

I absolutley hate that i have to transfer through Düren though from where i live. So far the most disgusting train station that needs a good wash throughout. 🤢
oh yeah, Düren hbf is pretty bad, even for a German train station 🙈
Guess where I’m going through just now… 🧐

Last edited:
oh yeah, Düren hbf is pretty bad, even for a German train station 🙈
Guess where I’m going through just now… 🧐
...does it look like I used the bathroom? Heh.

Still in moderate misery, but I'm getting better. Finally back at working, maybe at about 80%. The farts are rancid, though.

If it was here I could definitely believe that the smoke stains would still remain after that amount of time.

Having never heard of the place I went Googling and it was on fire at on point, maybe they never washed away the smoke stains. Not sure how old this article is but it looks pretty recent.
https://www.feuerwehr-dueren.com/aktuelles/einsaetze/171-brand-im-hauptbahnhof-dueren

I don’t think smoke stains resemble pee stains.

I can remember last month sort of drunk/exhausted from being out all night and waiting for the little train back to my town from Düren. I’m standing by the platform and far behind me I hear the unmistakable sound of someone urinating. That was nice…..