Random Thoughts....

So... the Olympics are over, yeah? I didn't watch a single bit of it, aside from a few minutes of diving a few days ago.

So it wasn't just me - I watched maybe an hour of the opening ceremony and that's it. Thanks to the other network's extra-craptastic programming during the games the only time my tv's been switched on in the past few weeks has been to watch Fifth Gear.

Well if you don't really enjoy any of the events, I guess you didn't miss anything. I enjoyed watching swimming, gymnastics, table tennis and some track/field. There was a lot that I either didn't get to watch or just wasn't broadcasted though. I regret not getting to watch all of the basketball games for instance.

You know all that video is on nbcolympics.com, right? There is more video on the site than what they showed on TV.

Also, how is your discovery of '90s hip-hop/rap coming?

Last edited:
^ Take a look at EZTV or mininova, most of them seem to be there. :D

You know all that video is on nbcolympics.com, right? There is more video on the site than what they showed on TV.

Also, how is your discovery of '90s hip-hop/rap coming?

Yea I was trying to keep up with some of the events on nbcolympics.com, but I was just wondering if there was a way to download them. But I'll check for torrents though, somehow I didn't think of checking the one source I check for everything else. :lol:

My old rap/hip-hop exploration is reaching it's 6th year now :p It started in 8th grade and now I'll be a sophomore in college. Earlier this summer, I downloaded Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt album and it's brilliant. Throughout the years, I've heard many songs by Jay-Z but none have been that great. He claimed to be the best rapper alive, lots of people agree but I never liked many of his songs. And recently he's been in and out of retirement with half-assed work and he always seems to be full of himself. But Reasonable Doubt is a great album, just about every song is worth listening to over and over again. Who knew that he could get it so right on his first album.

Just as a quick reply to some rep I got about my results post (I won't mention who from - they can choose whether to do that).

I can't do resits because our headmaster doesn't let anyone do them, and even so, I probably wouldn't want to, because they were just too much effort for something which actually isn't all that useful in today's society (GCSEs). But thanks anyway.

My daughter would kill for your results - she did OK (I have posted them elsewhere) but I had hoped for better. You know what really hurts is she did exactly what I did, and I did exactly what my dad did, and the bloody results were the same (or sorry the word is equivalent) - rats. (The other word is sub-optimal).

I came back last night from what I can safely say is the best skiing I have ever done, anywhere in the world.

Knee deep powder in the double black area at Mt. Hotham (thanks to ~20cm fresh on Thursday night) made up for the horrendous weather I endured on Friday (You can see how my car fared here).

Unfortunately it got a little too warm on Sunday, turning into spring snow, but bloody hell, Friday and Saturday were magical.

hmm the UK's interpretive dance thing.....

it's like the 80s all over again :p

So... the Olympics are over, yeah? I didn't watch a single bit of it, aside from a few minutes of diving a few days ago.

fbc said:
So it wasn't just me - I watched maybe an hour of the opening ceremony and that's it. Thanks to the other network's extra-craptastic programming during the games the only time my tv's been switched on in the past few weeks has been to watch Fifth Gear.

I watched about 10 minutes of the mountain biking on Saturday night, and that was really only because it was on and there was nothing else to see. The Games just dont interest me either.

was it just channel 7 or was the sound quality aboslutely crap for most of the closing ceremonies (on 7HD)

Yea I was trying to keep up with some of the events on nbcolympics.com, but I was just wondering if there was a way to download them. But I'll check for torrents though, somehow I didn't think of checking the one source I check for everything else. :lol:

My old rap/hip-hop exploration is reaching it's 6th year now :p It started in 8th grade and now I'll be a sophomore in college. Earlier this summer, I downloaded Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt album and it's brilliant. Throughout the years, I've heard many songs by Jay-Z but none have been that great. He claimed to be the best rapper alive, lots of people agree but I never liked many of his songs. And recently he's been in and out of retirement with half-assed work and he always seems to be full of himself. But Reasonable Doubt is a great album, just about every song is worth listening to over and over again. Who knew that he could get it so right on his first album.

Ah! I didn't know you were that far along. Check out Heltah Skeltah's Nocturnal if you haven't already.

Yeah, Jay-Z is kind of an off and on guy for me too.

I watched about 10 minutes of the mountain biking on Saturday night, and that was really only because it was on and there was nothing else to see. The Games just dont interest me either.

That relieves me... you guys won't believe how much shit I've been given over the last 2 weeks when people found out I was opting out of watching the Olympics. As if I'm some kind of alien because I'm disinterested.

On a slightly different note, this has led me to start panicking about the 2010 Olympics which are gonna be in Vancouver. Our city isn't that big, I can't imagine what a big hassle it will be for everyone... and it's not as if we get priority over tickets or discounts on them.

That relieves me... you guys won't believe how much shit I've been given over the last 2 weeks when people found out I was opting out of watching the Olympics. As if I'm some kind of alien because I'm disinterested.

Summer Olympics FTL.

Winter Olympics FTMFW - Bobsled, Luge, Skiing etc - bring it on.

My appetites really gone in the last week. I've lost a lot of weight as result and as nice as that is I like eating so I'm getting worried. I haven't finished a full meal at all and I couldn't even eat a Muller rice for breakfast. I've been incredibly thirsty though.

Summer Olympics FTL.

Winter Olympics FTMFW - Bobsled, Luge, Skiing etc - bring it on.

yes me three.

I especially like the dudes who do the luge lying on their chest, facing forward. I imagine it is quite possibly the scariest sport there is, considering the fact that there's just ice, you go 120 kph+, with virtually no protection and no brakes

yes me three.

I especially like the dudes who do the luge lying on their chest, facing forward. I imagine it is quite possibly the scariest sport there is, considering the fact that there's just ice, you go 120 kph+, with virtually no protection and no brakes

"Skeleton" IIRC - and yes, absolute nutters, I mean who looks at the sport of Luge and thinks "That's a bit nancy-boy isn't it?".

Yup, that thing is called skeleton.

Well, for all your winter Olympics fans, see you all in Vancouver. The countdown clock which is a few blocks away from my house says it's some 540 days away.