Random Thoughts....

^Where are you moving KaJ?

Sweet. Just won $83 on the Melbourne Cup. Wee!!

And my woman won $78. Me winning $5 more means I am far superior. Awesome.

/Get back in the kitchen.

Southern Texas for 8.5 weeks then probably somewhere else in that state for a few months then it's off to wherever the Air Force needs me. I'll be pissed if I end up back in this area at Wright-Patterson. :lol:

Oh and add this to your winnings:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/11/04/kitchen.jpg

Lol. This was the best Palin-related comic I've seen so far:

I voted early by absentee, which was great. I was kinda bummed to see that the Sacramento mayoral race wasn't on my ballot, apparently I live just a mile outside of the city limits proper, but Kevin Johnson is winning by 9 points, so that should be fine. Hopefully everything goes according to the polls and when I go to the Grant Park thing tonight it'll be a crazy celebration.

Anyone else think UK peeps should spoiler out any comments they make about fucking QoS... or at least keep it to the QoS thread... or both?

What's Qos, the new Star Trek villain?

...oh, Q of S. Carry on then.

I saw a bunch of people out on the street yelling out Obama tonight...

I'm not a Yank, but I can't wait for you guys to get this election over with. All US presidential elections seem long, but especially this one where the Dems and Reps have been flinging shit at each other for a long, long time.

OMFG even I know way more that I need to about your candidates than I need to to make a decision and I do not get a vote - how have you missed all that coverage on the TV?

Anyhoo let me sum up -

White dude and some "rogue" woman versus Black dude and some bloke who seems in-offensive - now decide.

Haha, it's not that coverage is lacking. It's more along the lines of I don't take a strong standing on specific issues since I'm not as informed as I want to be.

You should vote really - people have given up their lives for it - I seemed to recall some misunderstandings in about 1776 which was to do with it. ...

You should vote really - people have given up their lives for it - I seemed to recall some misunderstandings in about 1776 which was to do with it. ...

Yeah, basically, you poms were being a bunch of twats and we told you to get stuffed :p

^Where are you moving KaJ?

Sweet. Just won $83 on the Melbourne Cup. Wee!!

And my woman won $78. Me winning $5 more means I am far superior. Awesome.

/Get back in the kitchen.

Aw bugger, I could've won $35 (admittedly small change) in the Cup today but my friend forgot to put my bet in with hers. Serves me right for not bothering to head down to the TAB myself I suppose. I was gonna put $5 each way on C'est La Guerre - the jockey was Brett Prebble, the son of my late piano teacher.

Images aren't blocked on Engadget anymore! :dance:

Last night while talking to one of my sisters she told me I needed to vote for "Change", I told her that if I'm going to vote for a bumper sticker slogan I would much prefer to vote for " Honk if your Horny".

She didn't find that as funny as I did.

Just came back from the Apple Store with iPhone #3.

Had to get it replaced because the battery got ridiculous.
Discharged to 10% after 4 hours of standby, no use.
Would not fully charge even after 10 hours plugged into the wall.....

And the "genius" tried to blame it on me?

I'm looking at getting an iPod touch for chrimbo (don't worry I've not given in, I have some software that allows me to use WMP11 to sync music). The 16GB one is only ?220 which is a steal, but I feel that I'm missing out by not going all the way and getting an iPhone. For the same price as the touch I get the handset and 4 months contract.

Would I really be missing out so much if I just get the touch? Does it still have GPS? I already have a phone that I like too, and I don't really use it enough to make a contract worth while.

Any suggestions?

Why does America nick all our bloody names?!

We called Taunton, it's ours! Hands off!

Finally, my boss got me a new computer for the office....well, when i say new...

It's a Dell, with a 15" TFT (a huge improvement on the 17" CRT before) and the computer is a Celeron 2.4Ghz (previous one was Pentium III 833) but it only has 256RAM.

IE works well...with a single tab. Opening a second tab requires some patience. So, no FinalGear in the office - ALT+TAB takes way too f***ing long!