Random Thoughts....

Lol.

I noticed that one of the top gear forum kids thought he'd sufficiently evolved to slither out of that swamp. Then he got his head crushed by a conga line of the more elite forum users. I have to applaud his bravery, although I dunno if it's bravery or stupidity that caused him to post in the off-topic section. I wonder if he'll ever evolve the requisite legs, lungs and thick skin needed to get out of that swamp and into the forum proper.

today i heard the original version of "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers. It was hidden in one of my "100 greatest guitar Solo" albums between The Rolling Stones & ZZ Top.

It's really really good, and it lasts fucking forever (7 and a half minutes!)

Allman Brothers Band songs are great driving songs, pretty much universally.

Last edited:
^ Was that the poor sap I smacked down in the Political section?

It confuses me that some people's lives are so uneventful that they have to resort to a website on the internet to meet people. If I want to meet women, I meet them at, y'know, the social venues I enjoy going to.

Hey, I met my girlfriend online! (4 months and counting)

Lol.

I noticed that one of the top gear forum kids thought he'd sufficiently evolved to slither out of that swamp. Then he got his head crushed by a conga line of the more elite forum users. I have to applaud his bravery, although I dunno if it's bravery or stupidity that caused him to post in the off-topic section. I wonder if he'll ever evolve the requisite legs, lungs and thick skin needed to get out of that swamp and into the forum proper.

Out of curiosity, what's the deal with all this? I don't look into the Top Gear subforum much at all, but is there a group of people who only post there?

Also, what is an elite forum user?

^ Was that the poor sap I smacked down in the Political section?

Yup.

Out of curiosity, what's the deal with all this? I don't look into the Top Gear subforum much at all, but is there a group of people who only post there?

Also, what is an elite forum user?

The top gear subforum is the home of such threads as, "Wah, top gear doesn't like <insert car here>, but it must be great because I have it;" "Secret Identity of the Stig revealed!!! (Which always is some guy ranting about why the stig has to be some particular person)" and the infamous "Top Gaer are teh sux." While many of our current respected posters have come out of that section (myself included if I actually warrant any respect), the masses that stay in that cesspool are the most petulant, whiny, annoying bunch of n00bs ever. In addition, their grammar pretty much always tweaks the nose of the grammar nazi in me.

My definition of an elite forum user here would be a respected poster in the community (and someone with a proper grasp of English grammar); examples include you, blind, NoBoss, BlaRo, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:
My definition of an elite forum user here would be a respected poster in the community (and someone with a proper grasp of English grammar); examples include you, blind, NoBoss, BlaRo, etc, etc, etc.

Pretty much anybody with "Reputation beyond Repute"

I'd even go so far as to say anyone with light green blobbies. Seniority certainly comes into it, though. Pretty much anyone who was around before the switch to VB instantly gets my respect, no matter what their rep is.

So what exactly did this un-elite poster post? Can someone provide a link?

I think we should take it a little easier on noobs. Yes, they're annoying, but I've seen a lot of pointless ragging on noobs just because they are noobs and they start off mostly posting in the Top Gear subforums.

So what exactly did this un-elite poster post? Can someone provide a link?

I think we should take it a little easier on noobs. Yes, they're annoying, but I've seen a lot of pointless ragging on noobs just because they are noobs and they start off mostly posting in the Top Gear subforums.

It's the closed thread in the politics forum. Anyways, it was kinda amusing, as forum politics are not real politics. People are on this forum at Viper and Quiky and the other admins' pleasure. This is an oligarchy, not a democracy.

I can't even remember ever posting in that section, except for the "What's That Song" threads and individual episode threads once or twice.

I would go as far as to say that most of the senior members have actually left that section, for the most part. I rarely read or post in the TG section these days.

Me too. I meant that that's where I started posting, as many others did. Grew out of that quick.

Don't sell yourself short.

I would go as far as to say that most of the senior members have actually left that section, for the most part. I rarely read or post in the TG section these days.

I read the odd thread in there, but for the most part I don't post in there often, which is somewhat ironic considering it's the reason that brought us all here in the first place. It's not too bad when TG isn't airing.

Last edited:
I find myself in that same situation, I notice the odd thread or funny internet news bit, but not a daily visitor.

^yup me three.

I read most of it though, but I don't usually post because it's a noobfest.
Off Topic, Entertainment and General Automotive is where it's at (even though the TG discussion is what brought me here in the first place though)

*cough*nsfw*cough*

I read a bit of the Top Gear forum, but I have to be really bored before I go in there. Posting my thoughts on each episode (if that) is usually as far as I'll go. I enjoy watching the show, but I'm not interested in over analysing it to the nth degree.