Random Thoughts....

Man, I don't miss high school.

I miss the carefree, fuck-around quality of high school. Plus it was a helluva lot easier than college is. I definitely like college better, but high school had its moments.

I miss the carefree, fuck-around quality of high school. Plus it was a helluva lot easier than college is. I definitely like college better, but high school had its moments.

High school was a total blast. Some of the shit we got up to was legendary.

Joco and Vikirad, am I right in guessing you guys are forced to stick with the same classmates for the whole time you're at school? Surely not...

My school had it's morons, but they tended to drop out after year 10 and even if they made it as far as years 11/12, they took the err...easier classes such as English Communications or Business maths (non summative, courses that wont get you anywhere). Those that stuck around and did stuff like Maths Studies or English Literature either smartened up and made something of themselves or went into another campus (sort of a vocational learning type place) and out of our way.

I can sort of relate to the "high school sucks" theory.
I was in a similar situation , we were know as "THAT class of students" which everyone hated.

Usually, the 5-6 people that fucked it up for everyone would not pass as they're retarded, either that or they would get expelled for doing crazy random shit (one of them would just open a window in class and jump out, and walk out of the school)...unfortunately our 6 asshats were just barely smart enough to pass every year, and also they were smart enough to annoy us+the teacher to the limit, but not do anything too outrageous...

I had to bear it for a couple of years aswell... now some of them are inviting me on facebook, asking if they can be my friend. Oh how I laughed... :lol:

We had classless system in our high school. We had class groups, but you could choose courses as you pleased so didn't really have to go with the same group of people if you didn't want to.
Also I can't actually remember any retarded people from my high school years. Even the people I knew from earlier school years to be retarded smartened enough not to cause too much annoyance.

Joco and Vikirad, am I right in guessing you guys are forced to stick with the same classmates for the whole time you're at school? Surely not...

You're right. I went to primary school for 8 years. In the first year there were 34 students in my class. By the end of grade 8, just 3 students left and one new boy came.

This is my 5th (and last) year of high school. Our class started with 31 students. 2 of them left, the other 29 are the same.
We can't really chose our subjects/courses. Most of the subjects are compulsory for everyone so the whole class is together. There can be small changes, for example we have Geography and Chemistry until the end of grade 10 and Biology until grade 11 - if someone wants to continue studying these subjects, they can take up extra lessons. But one can only have 4 extra classes a week. (I, for example, have two extra history lessons.) Apart from these extra classes, the whole class is together, basically for the whole school time... Oh, language lessons are an exception too, the class is split and there are smaller groups - in my English group there are 9 students students and those 6 idiots are all in my group. The main programme of our English classes is usually listening to those girls arguing and shouting with the teacher. The lessons don't make any sense.

Yeah it is. Comes directly as a result of the CDMA technology which sadly is only used in IIRC the US and South Korea so we get screwed on phone options since it's not as simple is swapping chips like the different GSM bands
And Canada. (Telus)

Random thought of the day:

There was a fire in the building right next to us this morning. At around 4 AM an apartment on the ground floor caught fire and all hell broke loose. So many fire trucks and rescue workers ... the whole building was evacuated, some people were stuck on upper floors, but no one got hurt because of the fire department's quick action.

But most importantly, in the midst of all the sirens, the shouting and the noise, I slept sound. The only reason I heard about it was because I turned on the TV to watch the news and there was live coverage of the scene of the extinguished fire. Should have seen the surprise on my face when I turned on the news and saw the headline saying there was a fire in my hometown and me recognizing the buildings. I immediately rushed to the window. Fuck.

Last edited:

I think it's quite normal in Europe, I went to school from kindergarten to 7th grade with the same people (some left, 1 or 2 new came) and then we were joined by the 8th grade with a smaller school that only had till the 7th grade, but one third of the students were still the same.
Wouldn't say I miss it, I only have contact with 2 from my class, one is my bfs brother, so kinda hard to avoid :p and one found me on facebook, I have no desire to get back in contact with any of the people I went to school with, only the ones from after I was 18.

I enjoyed high school, we had our assholes, but I never had to deal with them much because I was in advanced classes while they were stuck in remedial courses.

Usually, the 5-6 people that fucked it up for everyone would not pass as they're retarded, either that or they would get expelled for doing crazy random shit (one of them would just open a window in class and jump out, and walk out of the school)...unfortunately our 6 asshats were just barely smart enough to pass every year, and also they were smart enough to annoy us+the teacher to the limit, but not do anything too outrageous...

My "favourite" class mates are not just smart enough to pass, they are actually smart, some of them very smart. They have really good marks and a good brain, but they use it to find out which is the best way to annoy everyone.

Stupid wiring question: I'm joining three wires in a butt splice, does it matter which wires are on one end and which one is on the other, as shown on the wiring diagram? Or can I just jam any of the two wires in one side?

assuming I'm understanding your correctly, which is not a given since I just woke up, it shouldn't matter, since all the wire will have the same electric potential, and it's not like electricity can only flow in one direction (downhill).

Oh God... Can't wait for these last 6 months in high school to pass so that I may FINALLY get rid of those idiots. Never to speak to them again.

Dude, you'd be surprised how fast it will pass. Enjoy your youth while you can, you'll never be young again.

That so precisely sums up my sentiments, it's amazing.

I'm so mooching internets from the school off my new laptop. :p god, I feel so evil. :)

Haha, busted!

i hate your taste in cars, but i love your taste in eyebrows

:lol:

Hated high school. Even now as I look back, I think "Wow...I hated High School. Glad I made it out."

But most importantly, in the midst of all the sirens, the shouting and the noise, I slept sound.

We ha a fire in my own HOUSE once and I didn't know it. It was a chimney fire. It set off the smoke detector in our house, but I naver heard it...which st pretty amazing because my brother and I had a bunk-bed, and I slept on the top bunk, with my head no more than 3 feet from the beeping alarm. My dad, the fireman, had to come in to my room and drag me out of the top bunk.

Last edited: