Random Thoughts....

MAMA's noodles are the best. (bottom row middle)

Whoah, have I been busy. Away for the weekend to see relatives on Saturday, went to Lorne beach Sunday (where I've gotten very sunburnt despite covering myself in sunscreen, very fair skin = ouch!), work Monday and a birthday party for one my mates last night. I'm really tired, but I got some good news this morning...a day off work! Our usual Tuesday morning client are having some sort of function in their office space today, so the cleaning business I work for can't get our vehicles / equipment in, so it's been left to the people on the Wednesday roster instead, while the afternoon site we only do every fortnight.

And....more good news! I got a letter today from the local university saying I've gotten into the course I applied for last year! :D :banana::woot::thumbsup:

Good day all round, then, despite the heat. You peeps in the northern hemisphere are making me jealous with your snow. I've seen it snow here just twice in my life so far.

In other news, the Bush administration has declared a war on Roquefort cheese, by tripling the import rate (to 300%). The US hopes to "shut down trade" in the cheese.

They could ban all import and no one will notice or care, as some of the best cheeses on the planet come from either California or Wisconsin. So bring it on, stinky cheese importers!

You peeps in the northern hemisphere are making me jealous with your snow. I've seen it snow here just twice in my life so far.

Have it. Take it, it's all yours.

Say, from what I read that most of Australia thinks that people in Victoria are lunatics, how about you and I swap houses say, between November and March. This way you can escape the lunacy, and I the cold.

Deal? Great. :thumbup:

...and having lived in both places, i have to say I enjoy Wisconsin cheeses a bit more...but when it comes to the more unique artisan, many aren't even made in WI because of opportunities with the California Wine industry and culture. Wisconsin's wine industry hinges on boysenberry wine, and wine coolers.

They could ban all import and no one will notice or care, as some of the best cheeses on the planet come from either California or Wisconsin. So bring it on, stinky cheese importers!

Can't say I've ever had US cheese; but if your cheese is anything like your wine, it can be excellent.

And can be horrid, but that's the same for everything in life. I've had much more bad French wine than bad American wine.

jayhawk: naaah I'm a looney myself so I'm right at home here. I only complain about the heat when I have to work in it. Now, if I could spend all summer just chillaxing on a beach somewhere (well, I got there for part of one day eventually) like all the kiddies on school holidays, you wouldn't hear a peep out of me about it, logically.

Well today was a no-go with the boy, as he fell asleep in the middle of homework last night and had to finish it today. So instead I had my sis come over and she's here right now :) which makes me happy face cos I don't get to spend a whole lot of time with her. And I'll probably see the boy later this week, so...:)

Just spent a long weekend in the woods cold weather camping which included snow! It was pretty fun, we had way too much bacon and various pork products along with some deer meat stew and vast quantities of beer and alcohols. I even enjoyed the part where the rednecks with a 4x4 had to pull me out of a ditch because someone in my party decided to stop their car at the top of an icy hill forcing me to stop on the hill resulting in me sliding back down the hill and into the ditch to stop so that I wouldn't slide off the opposite side which was a sheer drop off the mountain. Those rednecks were laughing their asses off having a good'ol time, but it was fun.

Just came from a pub... think I might have gone a little too over the spot. Perhaps hitting the waitresses was the signal to stop, but who knows... thing is: the world is spinning at an incredible rate! :lol:

You mean you were hitting on the waitresses, or were you actually hitting them? :lol:

Violence is a pretty common side effect of drinking too much, just ask the Irish.