Random Thoughts....

I have sneakers, dress shoes, and one pair in between. Maybe one more for brown/black coordination. Anymore than that, and you piss sitting down.

In addition I have skate shoes (they break quickly), hiking boots, work boots (steel toes), snowboard boots, running shoes and flip flops. Each of those a niche shoe, whose job can not be done by dress shoe / hang-around-sneaker.

Though I might be lacking what you call a pair-in-between.

I have sneakers, dress shoes, and one pair in between. Maybe one more for brown/black coordination. Anymore than that, and you piss sitting down.

I went on an eBay-shoe splurge last month so have 3 pairs of trainers, a pair of hiking boots, smart shoes, and some rolleblades.

I hope this is acceptable and manly!

In addition I have skate shoes (they break quickly)

Get a decent pair of sneakers

hiking boots

work boots (steel toes)

I'll be willing to call those "work uniform" and therefore shouldn't count towards your shoes-for-pleasure count.

snowboard boots

To me, those aren't "shoes" as much as necessary equipment for a hobby. Like...I wouldn't count fingerpicks for my guitar as "artificial nail treatment."

running shoes

See: first two responses

and flip flops....

No man should own flip-flops. Period. put on some damn shoes, or go barefoot. If you go barefoot enough, you wouldn't need shoes where you probably would wear flip-flips.

Though I might be lacking what you call a pair-in-between.

Admitting it is the first step...

:lol:

[/all in jest]

Last edited:
lol, a "decent pair of sneakers" would break even faster. The reason why they break is because I skate with them.

No ankle support or traction. But I guess that would go to the "Sport" category, as well as the skate shoes.

No man should own flip-flops. Period. put on some damn shoes, or go barefoot. If you go barefoot enough, you wouldn't need shoes where you probably would wear flip-flips.

Yeah, cause stepping on glas is so fun barefoot, and because you can wear sneakers in the water.

Admitting it is the first step...

:lol:

[/all in jest]
shoulda seen that one coming...

I have regular sneakers, tennis shoes, work boots, cowboy boots, dress shoes and sandals. I think the key to a manly shoe selection is for each shoe to have a specific purpose, that isn't "looking good".

No ankle support? Watch where you're walking.

Stepping on broken glass? Watch where you're walking. You just used the same argument a women might say about a toilet seat being down after falling in. Look before you leap. Also, what the hell are you doing wearing flip flops while swimming? Also, small bits of broken glass? Again, walk barefoot enough and you won't need flip-flops.

Oh yea because watching where you're going at the beach helps find buried glass, and stepping onto the blazing hot sand and/or deck is soo something you could do barefooted. Also, after you go for a swim because it is 100 degrees and your deck is about the same temp I just love stepping onto the deck and watching my feet sizzle or I could step into shoes and make them become completely soaked.

My Punto was in the shop, so for the past few days I've been driving my uncle's red italian two-seater...

yup, you've got it, it's a Fiat Seicento Van :mrgreen:

11077756094720774585f2f446987583_extreme.jpg

crazy litlle thing. same engine as my punto but about 150kg's lighter :D

oh, and my most fresh thought...

FUCK YEAH! Croatia beat Spain in hanball WC (which is held in Croatia btw :D )

stepping onto the blazing hot sand and/or deck is soo something you could do barefooted. Also, after you go for a swim because it is 100 degrees and your deck is about the same temp I just love stepping onto the deck and watching my feet sizzle or I could step into shoes and make them become completely soaked.

I've never stepped on anything so hot from sunlight that it was impossible without shoes.

That said, as a kid, no one had paved driveways. Everyone had long gravel driveways...and not pea-gravel...the sharp broken-rock-type gravel.

Besides...if broken glass is such a huge problem, find somewhere else to swim.

Ah but every beach is filled with the idiots who think drinking from glass bottles are better than the standard plastic red or blue drink cups. They then leave those bottles buried in the sand resulting in major pissed off mode. None of the beaches are strict enough to enforce their no glass rule, only if you are near a lifeguard tower will you be yelled at.

Shoes eh?

Not much but.

10x Adidas Superstar's.
2x Globe skate shoes.
1x Leather dress shoes
1x 'Chucks'
1x Thongs
1x Cadet boots
1x Steel toed boots
1x Slip-on Dunlop Volleys, lol

And yeah.

Last edited:
I owned a pair of shoes once, it was a Tuesday.

Why the hell are we talking about shoes? :p Well, anyway, I only have a few pairs. I've got one pair of boots for the snow/rain/general crap weather, then I have 3 pairs of Converse, one pair of Airwalks ((The Converse wannabes)), another pair of crap Airwalks for when I'm too lazy for my boots, a pair of nice dress shoes and some sandals for the summer. :D

I'm so not your typical girl :lol: I really could care less about shoes. I'm more into stripey socks and such. XD

Why the hell are we talking about shoes? :p Well, anyway, I only have a few pairs. I've got one pair of boots for the snow/rain/general crap weather, then I have 3 pairs of Converse, one pair of Airwalks ((The Converse wannabes)), another pair of crap Airwalks for when I'm too lazy for my boots, a pair of nice dress shoes and some sandals for the summer. :D

I'm so not your typical girl :lol: I really could care less about shoes. I'm more into stripey socks and such. XD

8 pairs of footwear.

Not exactly a few, lol.

colddayin-hell said:
10x Adidas Superstar's.
2x Globe skate shoes.
1x Leather dress shoes
1x 'Chucks'
1x Thongs
1x Cadet boots
1x Steel toed boots
1x Slip-on Dunlop Volleys, lol

I'm assuming you don't actually have 10 pairs of Adidas :blink:

8 pairs of footwear.

Not exactly a few, lol.

Yeah, but still, that's not a whole lot. Most of them stay stuffed inside my closet, anyway, where no one ever sees them again. I usually only wear my black Converse like every day, or sometimes my other Cons, when they're not covered in mud :p

Yeah, but still, that's not a whole lot. Most of them stay stuffed inside my closet, anyway, where no one ever sees them again. I usually only wear my black Converse like every day, or sometimes my other Cons, when they're not covered in mud :p

Black canvas Chucks?

Oh shit, I totally forgot one pair I have: Winter boots. And no, a "decent pair of sneakers" will NOT do the trick.