Random Thoughts....

Found this story interesting. A bandit (who uses that term nowadays?) pointed a gun at the face of a store clerk, pulled the trigger...nothing happened. He then pointed it at a wall, pulled the trigger...and it fired.

http://www.local6.com/news/16738767/detail.html

I know of a similar story. Guy steals WWII handgun from retired army general. Guy then decides to hold up a store. He gets what he wants, turns to leave, then decides not to leave a witness. He points the gun at the clerk, pulls the trigger, and... nothing happens. Guy is obviously confused, so he stares down the barrel of his gun to see what was wrong.

What happened was the general also kept his gun loaded with ammo that had been manufactured during the war, 60-odd years ago. The propellant (or primer, I forget which) loses its "spontaneous" nature over time, and smolders in a delayed ignition, known as a hangfire. When the gun eventually fired, it was leveled with the crooks eyeball, with the expected result.

Awesome.

I hate to be a buzzkill and all that, but who do you think will take over this site once all the mods and admins move on.

Also, where the heck did the arcade go.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight; you think Viper will move on? Your logic is severely flawed.

Hey, I'm from Utah, I can have both.... right?

/polyamorous relationships FTW! (at least with bikes)

I've finally got round to sorting out and uploading many more photos from Morgan onto my flickr. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hey, I'm from Utah, I can have both.... right?

/polyamorous relationships FTW! (at least with bikes)

Well, that's one of the advantages of bikes over girls...:lol:

I will kill for broadband right now.

Currently trapped on 33.6 with 4000MS latency.

I will kill for broadband right now.

*backs away from Quiky*

Oh c'mon you think that Viper will still be running this site when he's 50?:p

You can foresee him doing anything else? He'd have to move out of his parent's house, maybe even get a license.

1600 Posts, whatever soul I have left is starting to get ripped out of me by Viper...

What an incredible 1 and 1/2 years it has been.

Random musings from BlaRo: If you've ever been in the foodservice industry and you have the innate urge to shoot everybody around you in the face with an Uzi 9x19mm Parabellum submachine gun with an extended clip, don't think you're psychotic. That feeling is normal.

Tonight's Gadget Show on Channel 5 was good - recommended viewing.

It was OK. And a nice surprise (considering I wasn't paying much attention to the article) to find out that it was Dallas who set the record. And good to see next week all 4 of them will be taking part in the challenge.

Good news everyone!

BUCHAREST (AFP) - Upbeat news would have to make up half of all newscasts on all of Romania's radio and television stations, under legislation adopted unanimously Wednesday in the senate.
clear.gif

"News programmes on TV and radio shall contain, in the same proportion, news with positive and negative themes," states the legislation, which is going to President Traian Basescu for adoption.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080625/od_afp/romaniamediaoffbeat_080625192254

Well there goes the freedom of press... That's the first step towards censorship.

And I happen to know what kind of people created the law. One of them is the former mayor of Cluj-Napoca, Gheorghe Funar, who ran the city for 12 years without doing anything to it, and is now trying to run his BS in the Parliament. First of all, this kind of law is too ambiguous, secondly, it's impossible to apply.

Thirdly, if Mr. Basescu has passed the law towards application, then he's more of an idiot than ever before.

This is not good news for the press. I have to admit that there is a lot of negativity in the news, but this is still a form of censorship. And in a country that wants to be a part of a free Europe, it's not allowed.

And the real problem is... what kind of positive news do they want? And how do they know it's positive for everyone?

Last edited: