Random Thoughts....

Is anybody else getting a little sick of all the iPhone 3G hype?

I went down to the phone store today to have a play around with one, and I honestly don't think its that much of an improvement on the previous one to warrant people waiting in line for days to buy one. It was much thicker than I was expecting, and the black plastic on the back felt cheap.

To be fair, the menu was very nicely done, and it was extremely easy to pick up how to operate the different functions. But a massive leap over the 1st iPhone? I'm not convinced, especially when there are still bugs syncing with windows.

I agree. My favourite thing about the 3G iPhone is the 'unlimited data' tariff that o2 gives out with it, I wish more UK operators offered unlimited data for a decent cost.

Other than that, though, it doesn't me. Crappy camera, no proper bluetooth.

Apple is funneh to me, they're actually charging for touch firmware updates :p it's a good thing people have already leaked it

it is just launched here in the netherlands and you could not read a newspaper or watch the news yesterday without seeing something about it. it's only a phone people.

ahh, yes apple will thank them for fuelling all the marketing hype.

a thought that has been in my head for a few days now. relationships with age gaps: what's acceptable, what's not, and is it possible to overcome any issues concerning them?

usually i am of the opinion that they rarely work out unless both partners are at a similiar life stage. i recently met someone in his mid 20's and am having quite a head/heart struggle about it. besides the gap and the fact he lives on the other side of the city, he's brilliant. sigh.

^ If it works, who cares about the age. If you're comfortable with it, everyone else can shove their opinions up their arse. And it's not like he's 65 or anything.

The iPhone 3G turned out a real disappointment. I think the newest 'feature' of it is that it's now available in many more countries so you can now get if for cheap on contracts... $199 is fantastic, even if the iPhone is flawed and everyone is gonna have one.

But I'd never buy it... I love taking photos with my phone and 2mp sucks, and no flash either. The software is idiotically limited, I can't believe they put in Bluetooth for headsets but not for connecting to your PC or other phones! :rolleyes:

Oh, and monthly plans are still horrible in ass backward Canada. I believe there's no unlimited data plan from any of the providers up here.

Edit: $115 for 2GB/mo from Fido.

Telstra is $119 for 3gb a month, none included in any of their plans (that fee is ontop of the call fees) is fido the same?

http://www.telstra.com.au/nextgnetwork/ipricing.htm
Monthly Fee
Monthly Allowance2
Additional Usage

$5
5MB
$1.00/MB*

$10
20MB
$1.00/MB*

$29
80MB
$1.00/MB*

$59
200MB
$0.25/MB*

$89
1GB
$0.25/MB*

$119
3GB
$0.25/MB*

What's more hilarious is some of the local forums here were claiming that "Steve Jobs wouldn't let them do that"

a thought that has been in my head for a few days now. relationships with age gaps: what's acceptable, what's not, and is it possible to overcome any issues concerning them?

usually i am of the opinion that they rarely work out unless both partners are at a similiar life stage. i recently met someone in his mid 20's and am having quite a head/heart struggle about it. besides the gap and the fact he lives on the other side of the city, he's brilliant. sigh.

you've got a car.... :p

I married my wife when I was 28 and she was 19 that was 24 years ago. ... Best thing I ever did.

Last edited:

The age gap between my parents is 8 years. They married when my dad was 28 and my mum was 20. They started going out two years before they married.

It's been 24 years since and luckily they still have a happy marriage :)

I can't believe they put in Bluetooth for headsets but not for connecting to your PC or other phones! :rolleyes:

WHAT?! The more I hear about it, the more crippled the iPhone is. No video recording, no flash, no Flash, no memory card slot, poor multitasking, and now the Bluetooth is crippled? There's no way it's worth the $600 unsubsidized price! :?

WHAT?! The more I hear about it, the more crippled the iPhone is. No video recording, no flash, no Flash, no memory card slot, poor multitasking, and now the Bluetooth is crippled? There's no way it's worth the $600 unsubsidized price! :?

o_rry.jpg

Apple are brilliant at marketing, they really are, but they're rubbish at anything else.

Is anyone here looking for a new job and having difficulty?

I live in Ohio, and the economy is so bloody crappy here that finding something is next to impossible, and when you watch the news it's all doom and gloom. Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com seem to be jokes. I don't mind moving, in fact, I'd welcome it. Just I'm smart, educated, experienced, and hard-working. How hard can it be?

Anyone else in the same boat?