Random Thoughts....

Man all that talk about mad puking skills is crazy. I thought it was bad when I puked in the shower on Saturday, made the shower all greezy and slippery and worst of all it was from left over Chinese food. It wasn't that food that made me puke, it was the sudden coughing that came on to me and caused me to choke on my throat which is something that's been happening often to me lately. This morning I puked up a bottle of water for the same reason, I'm starting to think I should go to the doctors and have it checked out but I think the coughing is air quality related in which case I could just get an air filter thingy.

On an other note, I'm getting new glasses today or at least I'm assuming so. The old ones were slightly scratched and so I tried a lense repair kit on them and it made it worse, so I haven't been able to drive since my damn glasses are a restriction on my license. I'm scheduled to get an eye exam at 3 something and the place's website says same day service for glasses so hopefully I'll get to drive again soon. Just wish there was a way to make me look not stupid with glasses on. :lol:

^

gas_permeable_contact_lens.jpg

;)

^ Nice thought but my eyes are to sensitive for that. My eyes hurt and water when the air is dry, wet, or to hot. In fact it's very rare when my eyes aren't bothering me for some reason or other, I can't even stand my eye lashes being so close to my eye. :lol:

^ Does that reduce the amount of reflection of your own eye in the back of the lens? I get that all the time with the glasses I've had, it can't possibly be more annoying to be looking back at my own eye. :lol:

EDIT: I'm also thinking of getting a separate pair of sunglasses at some point so I don't have to deal with the stupid clip on's and so I can get some cool looking sunglasses. :lol:

Yes, it does. Also, take your existing glasses in to your optometrist and see if they can use their machine to polish out the scratches and tide you over until you get new ones.

You can now get frames that have custom sunglass lenses that attach to the front with magnets built in to the glasses. They are not the cheesy looking clip-ons of the days gone by and when you are wearing them most people just think they are really expensive designer sunglasses. I have a pair like this and they are great, the only down side is that they can be a bit heavy with the extra glass up front.

My favorite glasses are a bit like these:
new_glasses_03.jpg

This is a GIS image, but mine are similar.

^I'll keep this all in mind.

I had magnet clip on's before but the lenses in the sunglass part were so crappy they did nothing so I had to get some different ones that use springs to hold them on. I've really been wanting to get some aviator style sunglasses, I'd probably look stupid but I'd feel super cool. :lol:

The glare was the biggest problem with my previous lenses and the scratch resistant coating didn't do much for the pot holes the lenses developed which is why I tried the repair kit. The repair kit left squiggly lines across the lenses which obvious screw up being able to see anything.

I'm hoping I can get them today since they say that they have same day service for most lenses and glasses. I'm still bringing in my old glasses to see what they can do with them. Their website also says they have a deal where you buy one pair of glasses and get a second economy pair for free, don't know how they can do that. :eek:

My favorite glasses are a bit like these:
new_glasses_03.jpg

This is a GIS image, but mine are similar.

Same. I can't stand the huge black-framed glasses that are oh-so-trendy and favored by irritating artsy hipsters all across the world. I don't want to look nerd-chic like that annoying guy from Weezer.

Then again, I don't even wear glasses often, I should get my prescription updated.

I was a nerd before it was cool.

See, I was just ahead of my time.

^^Well I am going to school for what's considered an art degree. :lol: I don't consider myself an artist though and hate it when people call me one. Although I'm sure saying that I'm an artist would be a good pick up line. :lol:

Or you could just skip to the end and get a very artistic cardboard sign asking for change :p

The thing I don't like about transition lenses is that they never get quite dark enough and they never become totally transparent.

I've never had a problem with them not becoming transparent, I tested them against white paper and I couldn't see any difference. The older transition lenses used to be crap, but I'm quite happy with these ones. I paid extra for the better lenses (Nikon, scratch-proof coating, etc.), perhaps that makes a difference.

Lucky for you guys... I need to wear bifocals, so that rules out both contacts and trendy frameless or thin-framed glasses.

Thanks a lot Ben Franklin. :cry:

And I disagree with everyone here saying that escallating the issue will not solve it. The situation is already bad for you and good for him. If you don't make it bad for him, you'll just encourage it to continue. And if it gets worse, it will get worse for both. Just hang on for the ride, the person who was "confortable" before will usually give up sooner.

I don't have much info on him, I just know his two worst enemies (Excluding Me) and thats about it.

Or you could just skip to the end and get a very artistic cardboard sign asking for change :p
Holy crap did Blind_Io just use a smiley?? :shock: I guess this means hell has frozen over and that's the reason I have a cold in July. It's all your fault!

^ I never realized he didn't ever use smilies... :|

It's one that actually leads to making money though. :lol: It's game art and design which is turning out to be far less glamorous than it sounds, thus far, although I've only got a few terms left before graduating next May.

Got the new glasses, they were super fast and it was cheaper for me to get an eye exam and new glasses with me not having insurance than it was for both of my parents when they have insurance, they obviously went to the wrong place.

They didn't really have any frame-less glasses but I got ones with a very minimal frame. I decided to get these when they fit nicely and I saw the tag said gun metal on them, that was enough for me. :lol:

They didn't have any anti-glare though and only had transitions which my parents have and they hate it so I skipped that stuff. I'll get some sunglasses at some point down the road.

The guy helping me pick out frames wanted me to get those damn artsy square thick frames, "I was like I don't think so, your not a girl so I don't care what you think looks nice." I had no idea how he could tell I was going to school for an art degree, there must be some stereotype I'm fulfilling somewhere without me knowing it. Maybe it's my brown stripe shirt and my brown shoes, good thing I didn't have my brown socks on. :lol:

Here me picture with them on and as you can see I'm thrilled. :lol:
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/07/14/meglasses.jpg

EDIT:
Holy crap did Blind_Io just use a smiley?? :shock: I guess this means hell has frozen over and that's the reason I have a cold in July. It's all your fault!
Holy Shit!!!!! :shock: What have I done? :eek:

EDIT2: Damn, I just remembered the fortune cookie fortune I got last week. "You will attract cultured and artistic people to your home." I'd be telling a lie if I said I didn't want that to happen, I just hope they are of the female gender. :lol:

Last edited: