Random Thoughts....

Safety Town

Safety Town

I've been looking into suspicously safe places to drive, Drechten in Holland is a well known example, as well as the whole of France. Rhode Island is one of Americas better examples, but recently i found another one that i enjoy simply because its close to my heart.

Among cities with more than 500,000 residents, Detroit has the safest drivers, with accident rates that are 20 percent below the national average.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/the-safest-places-to-drive/

Thats right, the city in which Jeremy peeled out down the streets at 120mph in a Ford GT while the cops watched and ate donuts is also the safest large city in America. I find this surprising as to be honest i always have found Detroit a bit scary to drive through, everybody seems nuts, but apparently their doing something right.

Makes enough sense to me. With all the muggers/murderers/drug dealers/homeless people/rapists in Detroit I would think the drivers would be much more aware of their surroundings at all times.

Makes enough sense to me. With all the muggers/murderers/drug dealers/homeless people/rapists in Detroit I would think the drivers would be much more aware of their surroundings at all times.

So that's why all the drivers here in Connecticut suck, we need more violent crimes!

cheetah.jpg

wired.com said:
1965 Cheetah

Cheetahs were built around the simple idea of stuffing powerful Corvette engines into lightweight cars to produce something faster than the Shelby Cobras. It worked. This particular car hit 215 mph at Daytona Speedway. The state-of-the-art Corvette ZR1 can "only" muster 205.

Link

Last edited:
^ OMG So hot, must sex!

This is the second day of my Slovenian holiday and it's been absolutely beautiful. :)

I just found out that Alfas are returning to Americland. Being sold at Maseratti dealerships no less. Sounds odd, but I guess it makes sense, what with not having Fiat and all that.

/2 years behind the times apparently

I think it might be right to say Detriot is a bit like LA in that it has a lot of affluent neighborhoods surrounding a city that happens to have a east side (in the case of Detriot at least) that goes from bad to worse depending completely upon where exactly you are.

I think it might be right to say Detriot is a bit like LA in that it has a lot of affluent neighborhoods surrounding a city that happens to have a east side (in the case of Detriot at least) that goes from bad to worse depending completely upon where exactly you are.

Or even worse: St.Louis. East St.Louis is probably the most amazingly ghetto place I've been, and I lived in low-to-middle class neighborhoods my whole life.

Congrats mate!!!! Hope the best for your carreer!

I just found out that Alfas are returning to Americland. Being sold at Maseratti dealerships no less. Sounds odd, but I guess it makes sense, what with not having Fiat and all that.

/2 years behind the times apparently

Yeah, about 2 years behind. I remember the story came out awhile ago saying in 2006/7 they'd be here. Then in 2007, another story/press release came out and said they'd be here in 2009. Sooo who knows what's really in the works.

matt2000, congratulations on the job! I've been fervently looking for a job, but can't come up with anything at all really. Been really down cause of it too. Enjoy the success, mate! :thumbup:

So my school has required me to obtain a digital SLR for my Principles of Photography class, for my photo minor (natch). I can't use my EOS Rebel Ti film camera, which annoyed the hell out of me. :x Thus, I've had my eyes set on the Canon EOS Rebel XSi.

canon-eos-rebel-xsi_3q.jpg

I'm only getting Canon because 1. I have a Canon-compatible 80-200mm lens and 2. I'm a fanboy. :D It's about $700 at B&H.

So I'll be seeing you guys in the Photography section soon!

P.S.: matt, congratulations! Hope you get the Defender and eventually drive it across the Bering Strait. I tried it out at the local Ritz Camera and thought it fit my needs pretty well with room to expand (can't wait to get my hands on spot metering!), and it's pretty hard-pressed to find drastic differences in the 10-12MP range anyway. Problem is, the Ritz sells it for a whole 100 bucks more.