Random Thoughts....

This is the last day of my 2.5 month long summer holiday. :(

You know how everyone always tells you, when you're growing up, that you should cherish your school and university memories because they're the most special times in your life... and you never listen until it's too late?

Well, the one thing I still don't miss from my school days is that horrible, empty feeling you get at the end of every summer. Of course this is because every season becomes the same work and chore routine when you're an adult, which isn't good.

I was just out on the Yamaha and went I went through downtown there were two police cars with their lights on surrounding another car. On my way back I saw another police car with lights on in a different location downtown next to a different car. *checks calendar* Yep, must be quota call time.

Other random thought: riding on the interstate at night on a motorcycle is an exhilarating experience.

I wonder if the city of New Orleans would survive another major hurricane... Didn't the population numbers already drop after Katrina? And it seems like, with Gustav, the destruction might be even worse.

I wonder if the city of New Orleans would survive another major hurricane... Didn't the population numbers already drop after Katrina? And it seems like, with Gustav, the destruction might be even worse.
Its OK the Feds have sorted out the assistance programme and all will be well. :neutral:

I was reading about Gustav a few hours... funny how this shit always goes on around my birthday.

Yes, I think New Orleans could survive another hurricane. The causality numbers weren't that high, I think in the low thousands. Although terrible, not nearly as bad as something like the Indian Ocean Tsunami.

Yeah, it's not like the population will drown completely (I hope they will be much lower now with the forced evacuation), I'm rather talking about not going back if your home is flooded and destroyed for the second time in three years.

Yes, I think New Orleans could survive another hurricane. The causality numbers weren't that high, I think in the low thousands. Although terrible, not nearly as bad as something like the Indian Ocean Tsunami.

It's not really the casualty numbers that make a hurricane in that area so devastating, but just the flooding, destruction, etc.

^It's good to see that they've forced an evacuation and buffered the levies more but Jeffy's correct, it's the potential of what will physically happen to the city when Gustav hits.

That's what I meant Jeffy. It's when you look at the economic and property destruction of Katrina that you'd think the casualties were be much higher.

Anyway, it looks like they're prepared which is good. Also I read they don't even know where Gustav is going to hit, could even be east Texas.

Apparently Bush canceled his speech at the RNC. I think he was just looking for an excuse. :p

At least the people left this time around, so hopefully there will be no deaths

YAY! MotoGP today!

Haven't slept since Friday night and not feeling tired yet.. :hmm:

:blink:

...Well...I..Umm..

Only once in a while :unsure:

Went to Hardcore Till I Die in Birmingham and well, one thing led to another.. That was a good guess to be fair. :hmm:

Would like to reiterate, not a druggie <_<

YAY! MotoGP today!
Just this past week I decided to start following the MotoGP action and I caught the Brno race to get myself up to speed. So far I like it a lot! Now I'm really tempted to get tickets to the upcoming Red Bull GP at Indianapolis.

Just this past week I decided to start following the MotoGP action and I caught the Brno race to get myself up to speed. So far I like it a lot! Now I'm really tempted to get tickets to the upcoming Red Bull GP at Indianapolis.

DO IT.

Major motorsport events are not to be missed when the opportunity arises.