Random Thoughts....

Whoever invented the PC, i'm going to shoot them in the face. :mad:

My dad has a postcard that says "PCs solve problems that you wouldn't have had without them"

Just this past week I decided to start following the MotoGP action and I caught the Brno race to get myself up to speed. So far I like it a lot! Now I'm really tempted to get tickets to the upcoming Red Bull GP at Indianapolis.

Acquire a rip of the Laguna Seca race - you'll thank me later.

Oh, and welcome to the MotoGP club :D

The personal computer in general, or the IBM-PC?

Both. :p
Actually my pc is about as fast as the IBM-PC.

My dad has a postcard that says "PCs solve problems that you wouldn't have had without them"

:lol:

OT: Tomorrow I have to go to the Fiat dealership... come on Panda Cross please be there. I have to touch you. :cool:

Last night, I've seen an unmarked police car (Nissan Cefiro 2.3L), and its driver had one hand on the wheel and the other on the phone.

Plus, the number plate, QY13E, shows that this car is given to a very high ranking cop, like a Chief or something (the smaller the number, the higher the rank). According to local laws, this is heavily punishable.

So the question is, should I report this? I guess it's payback time! ;)

EDIT:[Para 2(b) : If the driver is not holding on to the steering wheel at all, he can be charged for reckless or dangerous driving. Upon conviction, first-time offenders can be fined up to S$3000/-, or jailed for a term up to 12 months, or both. Repeat offenders are liable for a maximum fine of S$5000/-, or to imprisonment for a term up to 2 years, or both. In addition, they may also be disqualified from holding or obtaining a driving licence]

Last edited:
You have to think of it that way...If some police officer caught doing the same thing (i'm not saying that you are) wouldn't have fined you? imo the answer is yes! so report his ass!!!

Last night, I've seen an unmarked police car (Nissan Cefiro 2.3L), and its driver had one hand on the wheel and the other on the phone.

Plus, the number plate, QY13E, shows that this car is given to a very high ranking cop, like a Chief or something (the smaller the number, the higher the rank). According to local laws, this is heavily punishable.

So the question is, should I report this? I guess it's payback time! ;)

EDIT:[Para 2(b) : If the driver is not holding on to the steering wheel at all, he can be charged for reckless or dangerous driving. Upon conviction, first-time offenders can be fined up to S$3000/-, or jailed for a term up to 12 months, or both. Repeat offenders are liable for a maximum fine of S$5000/-, or to imprisonment for a term up to 2 years, or both. In addition, they may also be disqualified from holding or obtaining a driving licence]
Wouldn't they be all like "pics or gtfo"?

Well, at least the stupid snob would be warned :)

Just this past week I decided to start following the MotoGP action and I caught the Brno race to get myself up to speed. So far I like it a lot! Now I'm really tempted to get tickets to the upcoming Red Bull GP at Indianapolis.

I agree with the Laguna Seca recommendation and get a rip of yesterdays 250cc race too. :thumbsup:

I touched a Fiat Panda Cross... sadly it was green not orange. :cool::mrgreen::tease::woot:
Also saw a Panda Mamy, sadly orange not purple.

Best day ever. :D

uni once again bullshits me with carparking, $450 buys you a permit to park in a grand total of about 300 spots which thanks to random crap they let other people use the space for it's down to maybe 150 spots. Now you're probably thinking must be a small campus or something. But no 10,000 people. Monash's solution park in a mudbowl 1.5km away or pay exhoribent rates for their mutlistory (nearly $20 a day)

uni once again bullshits me with carparking, $450 buys you a permit to park in a grand total of about 300 spots which thanks to random crap they let other people use the space for it's down to maybe 150 spots. Now you're probably thinking must be a small campus or something. But no 10,000 people. Monash's solution park in a mudbowl 1.5km away or pay exhoribent rates for their mutlistory (nearly $20 a day)

Holy shit and I thought I had it bad. UniSA used to charge you a yearly fee of $20 which allowed you to park in all unrestricted spaces. Since last year they've implemented a 'park as you go' system where you pay based on the number of hours you use. The rate is 10c an hour which, admittedly, is fairly reasonable.

What you lose is the convenience of simply coming to uni, parking, and then going off to your lecture or whatever. Now you have to find a park, search for a ticket machine (one ticket machine to about 200 spaces, which means a considerable walk unless you're very lucky), walk to the machine, realise you've left your wallet in the car, and you have to walk all the way back. By this time its started to rain, so you get your wallet, open it up to find....nothing, scrabble around the car searching for any forgotten silverware, get lucky enough to find a dollar coin, run back to the machine, pay the dollar, curse the machine because it wont give you change (basically you've just spent $1 when you only need the park for an hour and 10c would've sufficed), go back to the car put the ticket in a visible location on the dash, then finally arrive at the lecture 10 minutes late. Fanastic.

Holy shit and I thought I had it bad. UniSA used to charge you a yearly fee of $20 which allowed you to park in all unrestricted spaces. Since last year they've implemented a 'park as you go' system where you pay based on the number of hours you use. The rate is 10c an hour which, admittedly, is fairly reasonable.

What you lose is the convenience of simply coming to uni, parking, and then going off to your lecture or whatever. Now you have to find a park, search for a ticket machine (one ticket machine to about 200 spaces, which means a considerable walk unless you're very lucky), walk to the machine, realise you've left your wallet in the car, and you have to walk all the way back. By this time its started to rain, so you get your wallet, open it up to find....nothing, scrabble around the car searching for any forgotten silverware, get lucky enough to find a dollar coin, run back to the machine, pay the dollar, curse the machine because it wont give you change (basically you've just spent $1 when you only need the park for an hour and 10c would've sufficed), go back to the car put the ticket in a visible location on the dash, then finally arrive at the lecture 10 minutes late. Fanastic.

It cost me $3.50 (no change ofc) to park for 5 hours (when i only need like 2:20mins) it's more the principle of the matter. That and at clayton campus they pay the same damn fee and get undercover parking.

Where I'll be attending my course next year is at a small campus smack-dab in the middle of town. There's only one tiny car-park and it's for residency only. All us others have to fill all the streets around and fork out to the council - that's if you can get a park at all, or go to the multi-storey complex a few blocks away and pay $6 for the whole day. But the damn place is always already full by the time you get over there, as all the office workers in the area use it. I'd take the bus instead, but the bus times don't work out for when my contact hours are - I'd be perpetually late as I have to come from the other side of town. I'm gonna have to carry bags of change around with me and go running back to the machine after every few classes to top it up. They need a purpose-built car-park for the students down there, damn it!

oh yeah? I think I can top you all.... at my uni parking costs 1 euro an hour or 6 euros a day, and that's on the side of the street. Multistorey car parks? No such thing.... you have to park outside. for 10$ per day.

I don't miss that at all. :rolleyes:

I used to pay $850 a year to park in a covered lot at uni... and I always had to park 6 floors under because all these bookworm losers who got there at 6am took up the nice spots. The alternative was hourly at $3.50 for underground parking.

I paid so much for gas too back then... I filled up once every 5 days, but now that I'm in the city and I make an effort to walk most places, I'm down to 2.5 weeks per fillup. Not bad. :cool: