Random Thoughts....

It's weird... every time I exercise, I feel better than I ever usually do.

Is this the case for anyone else?

Oh yes, very much so... Until the next morning, when all my muscles ache from the exercise the night before. But then again, if you don't feel anything, you're not doing it right.

So Adobe's got this blog, written by one of their developers, that tracks the Linux version of the Flash plugin, and in just about every entry for the past year or so, someone gripes about how there isn't a 64-bit version. It's gotten so bad that, in the latest entry talking about the release of version 10, some of the commenters got a little carried away. :p

D?niel Fraga (the *first* comment on the entry) said:
And the 64 bit version, please?
Linus Sw?ck said:
Where is the 16-bit version? Linux has practically moved entirely to 16-bit, and we will have to leave Adobe in the dust if they can't keep up with the rapid progress of the open source world. I suppose it's Gnash for me and everyone else then.
John said:
Hey Adobe, where is 8 bits version? I have a Spectrum.
Chad Rodrigue said:
Fantastic. Thanks a million.

Disappointed there isn't a 4-bit version that works on my wristwatch, but I imagine I'll find a way to get over that.
rummik said:
Works well, almost release worthy even. Still has some memory leaks that seep through when viewing Flash apps that consume a lot of ram. Only way to fix it is to kill the browser.

Anyway, I'd ask for a 2-bit version, but Flash Player 9 is already there.

yup, exercizing makes you feel better and gives you more energy.
I'm the same as Adu though, the day after you feel like shit and absolutely every movement hurts...

yup, exercizing makes you feel better and gives you more energy.
I'm the same as Adu though, the day after you feel like shit and absolutely every movement hurts...

Are you doing proper cool-down exercises? Once I started doing a good 10-minute cooldown routine, my next-day soreness was reduced substantially.

I want to build a new computer so badly. I've been maintaining a wishlist on Newegg for months now and I want to order it. Would someone here lend me 857.41USD?

EDIT: Here's what I want.
cart.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not really interested in overclocking, and I plan to continue using Linux, at least in dual boot, so ATI video cards wouldn't play nice.

Nothing says you have to use ATI cards with a P45 motherboard. Unless you plan to SLI, there is no real reason to get that Nvidia chipset.

I do plan to go SLI, I'm just going to wait a while since I don't need it yet so I might as well save some money.

It's not much use to plan your next computer parts ahead. The situation could be quite different anyway when you actually get the money.

That's the idea. I've had my Dell for almost 6 years now and I've only changed the video card and added some RAM. My plan with this computer is to keep it for at least as long, especially since I'll be able to easily add another 4GB of RAM and a second video card, both of which will be even cheaper by then. I don't need very high end stuff, I just want to have a computer that will handle the moderate gaming and media I tend to get into for an extended period of time.

I've decided not to spend $10000 on a new(ish) car and instead will plough a considerable amount into the VS to get it back looking it's best (that means repairing the burn mark in the bonnet from the oil fire issue a few months back) and ensuring it's 100% mechanically sound so it can see me through well into next year. It probably wont depreciate much more in value so it makes sense to hang onto it for a while longer. The paint and bodywork is good, it's mechanically sound, new tyres were put on it a couple of months back and it's rego'd until the end of the year.

The car I was considering buying is a 2003 BA Fairmont. Wait, did he say $10000? Yup, tantalisingly attractive price, despite the 140k on the clock. There could've been other unknown issues with it and I've chosen to walk away and stick with the VS which has served the family well for the past 15 years. I'm not real keen on Fords, and despite it being a better car than the equivelent VY Calais, it doesnt excite me in the same way. Plus cars are dirt cheap at the moment and I expect they'll continue to be well into next year when I can actually properly afford a new one.

I think I've made the right decision...haven't I?

Last edited:
Makes sense to me.

Some recommendations:
  • Instead of buying individual sticks, buy a 2x2 GB kit.
  • If you aren't overclocking, don't bother with an aftermarket heatsink and thermal paste. The ones retail CPUs come with are just fine.
  • Spend the extra $25 to buy a 640 GB HDD instead of a 250 GB one.

I'd also go for a 4850 instead of the 9800 GTX since it's the same price but a lot faster. The Linux drivers are a problem, of course, but if you're already going to dual-boot, the Wine issues shouldn't bother you, and the 3D documentation for the open source driver is supposedly right around the corner. Unfortunately, they've been "right around the corner" for a couple months now, so it's still more of a wait-and-see sorta thing.

computer configuration questions seem something for the technology subforum to me... :)
But indeed, 250 gb hd have a pretty bad price/gb ratio now.

You know what chaos, you're right. To Newegg!

EDIT: Done!
shipped.JPG

That gives me a 390GB storage increase with a savings of 20 dollars! Yay! Now that the total price is a measly 837.28USD I'm sure one of you will lend me the money!

Last edited:
Any iGoogle users hate the new changes?

The Gmail thing is absurd, it's basically complete Gmail.com on your homepage. Thanks a lot Google.

Any iGoogle users hate the new changes?

The Gmail thing is absurd, it's basically complete Gmail.com on your homepage. Thanks a lot Google.

Mine hasn't changed...

I don't really like the tabs on the side, but I actually kinda like the new Gmail thing.