Random Thoughts....

Should I go to school for physics or mechanical engineering? Or maybe robotics engineering?

electrical engineering FTW. Or, if you're really smart, go for physics.

Thats worrying...:p

Yes, yes it is. :p

Tomorrow night I leave on holidays for three and a bit weeks!! Off to New Zealand for about two weeks of that. :D

See you all when I get back. :wave:

A parting gift...

[youtube]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=OzaXmHNOydg[/youtube]

There was an incident here at work yesterday, someone broke my Aperture Science coffee mug. there will be a full investigation.

Should I go to school for physics or mechanical engineering? Or maybe robotics engineering?

Do what you enjoy. Having said that, the money and job growth are going to be in Engineering. As for what kind of engineering most of your classes in those two forms are going to be pretty similar. Maybe a specialized class or two in robotics and a touch more of electrical but otherwise the same. Also consider that you can do robotics with a mechanical degree, an electrical degree, a materials engineering degree, a computer engineering degree, and others.

Do what you enjoy. Having said that, the money and job growth are going to be in Engineering. As for what kind of engineering most of your classes in those two forms are going to be pretty similar. Maybe a specialized class or two in robotics and a touch more of electrical but otherwise the same. Also consider that you can do robotics with a mechanical degree, an electrical degree, a materials engineering degree, a computer engineering degree, and others.

Well, I enjoy all of those, the only thing I kinda want to avoid is electrical engineering. I have considered getting the mechanical engineering degree, then going ahead and get the other stuff required for robotics over a longer period of time. I have to admit, I might enjoy just mechanical engineering more than robotics since I don't know I'll like programming, but thinking ahead, robotics will only get bigger and bigger. The US is so far behind some other countries in that field(in general, anyway) that I have a feeling it will become a huge industry in the not too distant future. Or I could just move to Japan or Korea.

Now i've made mah Lolvo ready for winter! The studded tires are in place!

huh wtf, that simply doesn't make sense. If the two corners on the left are larger than 90, you can't make a parallellogram. Sure it's not a trapezium?...

Indeed, not a parallelogram.

Or you can go for an "arts" degree. :lol: :p

General studies, perhaps?

Oh, and PunusherBass, guess what I had for lunch today? Finished it in just under 15 minutes.

Engineering > all . You get to build and break shit as a graduation requirement.

I didn't get to build anything for my graduation requirements (chemical engineer), although my "on the job" summer training period did involve the breaking of multiple pumps... :whistle:

Important!

Anyone in or near Austin, Texas needs to go to Fiddler's Hearth in Downtown Austin, for it's opening on 10/31.

It's is the best Bar/Restaurant/Pub in South Bend, and I was there this past Monday and they where telling me one of the owners kid's is opening one in Austin this Halloween. Same menu, same drinks and he's trying to capture the same atmosphere. I'm at the South Bend one nearly every Wedensday night for Open Mic night and rarely go to other bars. Other nights they have great Celtic and Folk music. They even had Gordon Ramsay stop in late one night when he was shooting, "Kitchen Nightmares," in town. He said, "He absolutely loved it." The waitress who waited on him was telling my friends and me, he thought the food was great, authentic, but with an American spin, but the atmosphere is what sets really made it fun. And it's technically a restaurant not a bar so you don't need to be 21 to go, but it's a bit more fun when you can drink.

Does anyone else shave with a manual razor but without shaving cream?

I just dunk the bristles in some cold water beforehand. Granted, a "full beard" for me is merely a Fu Manchu, so I don't have as much surface area to cover.

Does anyone else shave with a manual razor but without shaving cream?

No way could I get away with that - I have the great combination of fast growing stubble & skin that doesn't like being shaved. No shave oil or cream would result in very nasty razor burn / shaving rash for me.