Random Thoughts....

I think I'm still a n00b so it's ok for me to look in the Top Gear forum :p I prefer the General Automotive and Off-Topics areas though. As Jacobfox said the TG forum is rife with bad spelling and worse grammar.

anywho my big band played a gig tonight and we killed it and I'm up past my bedtime, what an exciting life I lead.

Nobody browses the forums mainly just by clicking New Posts on the top?

That's usually how I browse new threads, so I rarely notice what subforum it's posted in. But I still end up not posting much in the Top Gear section. I would keep up with the episode threads, but by the time Sunday night rolls around here those threads already have 150+ replies.

^ I just use iSpy all the time, live updates so i don't have to keep clicking new posts :D

It's the closed thread in the politics forum. Anyways, it was kinda amusing, as forum politics are not real politics. People are on this forum at Viper and Quiky and the other admins' pleasure. This is an oligarchy, not a democracy.

That's the thing I find amusing on the internet.

Some people (none of the regulars here, thankfully) like to yell "freedom of speech!" as soon as people insult them or post a view they disagree with. That helpfully forgets the fact that it's Viper's forum and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

Also, oligarchy.

I always found it funny that people think that the freedom of speech laws of Us apply everywhere. Especially when it happens on Internet forums.

I always found it funny that people think that the freedom of speech laws of Us apply everywhere. Especially when it happens on Internet forums.

What, no freedom of speech in Europe? It's not an American thing y'know.

Unfortunately, yes. Neonazis were demonstrating in Munich last weekend again. (legally - protected by the police)

Unfortunately, strict gun laws here, so apparently I'm not allowed to kill them all with a Barrett M82.

If only they'd at least stick to where they came from (East Germany), and not come to spew their shit here in my city.

[This message has been removed by the government of Europe due to unsuitable content.]

Unfortunately, yes. Neonazis were demonstrating in Munich last weekend again. (legally - protected by the police)

I was kidding about the no freedom of speech in Europe thing, but I thought any reference to Nazism was outlawed in Germany? Or does that just apply to the NSDAP Nazis?

Unfortunately, yes. Neonazis were demonstrating in Munich last weekend again.

I hate Munich Nazis. You missed out on a great chance there.

[YOUTUBE]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jhozx819izU[/YOUTUBE]

I have a sore throat and my nose is running :cry: I don't want to be ill, although this is prolly as bad as it gets, I never get 'really' ill.

Nobody browses the forums mainly just by clicking New Posts on the top?

That's usually how I browse new threads, so I rarely notice what subforum it's posted in. But I still end up not posting much in the Top Gear section. I would keep up with the episode threads, but by the time Sunday night rolls around here those threads already have 150+ replies.

I do. I end up not posting or reading the Top Gear section because to me it's obvious what is worth and what is not just from the thread title.

I discovered that being hungry and not getting enough sleep makes me smarter.

It's not too bad when TG isn't airing.

Depends.... sometimes you get some people who are so TG-deprived that they start nitpicking the weirdest thing out of the old series, like recurring canned laughter and studio audience resemblances. It either makes for great facepalming or a chance to go "get a life!" to someone else on the internet.

I was kidding about the no freedom of speech in Europe thing, but I thought any reference to Nazism was outlawed in Germany? Or does that just apply to the NSDAP Nazis?

I realize you were kidding. But I took the opportunity for a great "crossfade", you see what I did there?

Yeah, real NSDAP Nazism is outlawed, though I'd probably have more tolerance for them than for the pseudo-nazi skinhead antiforeigner unemployed neonazis that are so abundant in east Germany.

Interestingly, somwhat in contrast to 75 years ago, Munich is one of the most anti-nazi and tolerant cities you can find these days, I actually "met" some of the neo-nazis in a train after the demonstration when I was going to Regensburg, they where headed back to Dresden (big surprise). These idiots just took the train down for the day to get drunk and scream paroles. One of them barfed all over himself in the train.

A black friend of mine was going to maybe come with us to Regensburg, he was rather happy that he didn't, after we told him about the trainride. Luckily for us the idiots didn't realize that me and me two friends were foreigners, what with us looking so aryan :rolleyes:

If there's one thing I can't tolerate, it's intolerane. ;)

So, my Twonkyvision media server trial ran out the other day. I need it today so I just went onto the server console web page to find the web address, and noticed my trial was back up to 30 days. I restarted my server last night.

So now I have free software, as long as I keep rebooting the server. :lol: