Random Thoughts....

Sometimes I can't really understand the Hungarian Ministry of Education. (OK, to be honest I don't understand them most of the time.)

Winter holiday starts on Monday and the first school day is the 5th of January.
BUT, we have to go to school tomorrow, on a Saturday, and they say that's because there's no school on Wednesday, the 24th of Dec., so on Christmas Eve. They think we shouldn't miss that Wednesday so instead of Dec. 24th , we'll have a school day with Wednesday's classes tomorrow. :?

My uni does the same thing. Our winter break was Dec. 3-13 (our weekends are thurs/fri). Since that includes a Wednesday, we had to make it up by having Wednesday classes yesterday. They did the same thing last year for the national day holiday, making up the missed day on a weekend, which makes me think my uni doesn't understand the concept of a holiday. :|

So random thought of the day: I have fallen in love with the Linux Completely Fair Scheduler.

Why: I have a dual core laptop. I'm running two instances of a MIPS simulator, each one taking 100% of a core, and the computer is still fully interactive. 100% CPU utilization leaves the computer as responsive as if the CPU was idling.

<3

So, the party at the house across the street from ours got really out of control last night. A bunch of gatecrashers showed up in their bogan mobiles and began taunting the brothers of the girl having the party. This all went on for a while with a chorus of effing this effing that until someone decided to beat the crap out of someone. Cops showed up around midnight and everybody scattered with more swearing and screeching tyres.

Then at about 1.30 I'm trying to get to sleep (by bedroom is at the front of the house with the window facing the street so I hear everything) and the party all starts up again and there's more traffic tearing up and down the street and more yelling. Woke up this morning to see shattered bottles and rubbish everywhere. I think they owe the whole street an apology, this is not the first time this has happened. I got practically no sleep and I feel wrecked. I freaking love my neighbourhood. :?

So, the party at the house across the street from ours got really out of control last night. A bunch of gatecrashers showed up in their bogan mobiles and began taunting the brothers of the girl having the party. This all went on for a while with a chorus of effing this effing that until someone decided to beat the crap out of someone. Cops showed up around midnight and everybody scattered with more swearing and screeching tyres.

Then at about 1.30 I'm trying to get to sleep (by bedroom is at the front of the house with the window facing the street so I hear everything) and the party all starts up again and there's more traffic tearing up and down the street and more yelling. Woke up this morning to see shattered bottles and rubbish everywhere. I think they owe the whole street an apology, this is not the first time this has happened. I got practically no sleep and I feel wrecked. I freaking love my neighbourhood. :?

wait wait wait

Ballarat has neighbourhoods? :p

Is it just me, or does anybody else have an urge to club Nancy Grace upside the head with a large blunt object? I made the mistake of leaving the TV on to her shrill banshee voice while making supper, and ever since I can still hear her squawking away in my head.

Saddest thing possible for a petrolhead: seeing a full car lot, full of cars you might actually like to buy and own, and seeing that nobody buys them, either because of the financial crisis or due to our government's idiotic pollution/first car registration tax. Which has just tripled in the last few days.

No. They're famous.

I'll give you two options. The first is to go over there and tell the how fucked up they are and that they need to clean up the mess they left, the second is to clean up the broken bottles and whatever else and sprinkle the contents of the trash bags on their front step, down their sidewalk, and in their grass. You should also leave a note with this that says "From: the neighborhood To: you, Clean up your mess next time you piece of shit."

I personally like number 2

Anyone notice the VLC player titlebar/taskbar icon change to a holiday theme?

Edit:
http://img79.imageshack.**/img79/1729/56821375nf1.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.**/img385/9440/untitled2rp0.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday, and the day before, my friends and I tied a rope to my buddy's 323 and pulled a GT SnoRacer behind the car. It was so much fun, we get up to about 45kph. It was so sketchy, but so much fun. All the back roads around here are unplowed so we just ripped around... SO MUCH FUN!

http://img508.imageshack.**/img508/4519/sspx0241xp7.jpg?mcAuth=%2FBcAG0lNVVwAAK8%2BA3L%2F9ElNVZgIyWwJbx6SHawAAA%3D%3D

I'm pissed.

Parked my car at Dunkin' Donuts to run a few errands with guys from work. A woman backed into it or something. Luckily I got hit by the most responsible person in the world, and she called the local police dept. Picking up the police report Monday.

I decided that if this pops up on the Carfax report as an "accident", and since the Rs depreciate like a Quattroporte, I'll probably just mod the hell out of the car and keep it.

/S5 just got a WEEEEE bit further away.

Last edited:
http://img508.imageshack.**/img508/4519/sspx0241xp7.jpg?mcAuth=%2FBcAG0lNVVwAAK8%2BA3L%2F9ElNVZgIyWwJbx6SHawAAA%3D%3D

I'm pissed.

Parked my car at Dunkin' Donuts to run a few errands with guys from work. A woman backed into it or something. Luckily I got hit by the most responsible person in the world, and she called the local police dept. Picking up the police report Monday.

I decided that if this pops up on the Carfax report as an "accident", and since the Rs depreciate like a Quattroporte, I'll probably just mod the hell out of the car and keep it.

Thats a shame. I love the S60R, and yours was a fine example of the breed.
A bit off topic, but that license plate sliver looks like a PA place. Where in PA (if I'm right?)

I'm pissed.

Why does it have to come up on Carfax? Do you really have to go through insurance?

EDIT: On second thought, does the police report filing mean it'll show up either way?

I've just returned from a night out in London to see 'Wicked'. And it was indeed that. wonderful singing (did I just say that?), excellent effects and a brilliant production. 'Defying Gravity' was an exceptional way to end the first half with a bang. Would seriously recommend. Good stuff.

I'm heading out of town till the 6th, don't know how often I'll be on the forums while I'm away, so an early Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!