Random Thoughts....

I watched Wall*E over Christmas too (I'd seen it before). I find it way too depressing for a Pixar movie, that's mainly made for children.

The beginning part on Earth is too depressing, and when they go on the Axiom the plot becomes pretty uninteresting and the visuals unattractive. I like Wall*E and the way he looks, but this movie had a pretty bad plot. It's basically just a cute robot doing cute motions and sounds for 2 hours... this would've been good 10 years ago when Pixar's animation by itself blew people away. Now I think people actually look for good stories in Pixar movies, and this didn't have one.

All Christmas Day, I'd been hoping to get Wall-e on Christmas day and hadn't. Then right at the end, "Oh yeah, we forgot to give you this". And it was the DVD.

Context : Through the summer I was pretty depressed for various reasons. One day I went to the cinema to see Wall-e and there was something about it - the charm of the character or maybe the way the film just made me feel happy and warm inside - that made me feel so elated.

I've not seen it since but am looking forward to a rewatching.

So basically I don't agree with your opinion; I think the film was great. I liked the fact that there was no dialogue at all for the first third or so; the bleak planet looked fantastic. I'll agree that it wasn't so good when it reached the Axiom, though.

Damn Shawn, you surprise me. I have to agree that the plot isn't great and that the part on axiom is't really special. But the way how Pixar managed to squeeze all those human emotions in some robots with very limited "facial expression" is just fantastic. It's not about being cute, it's about being human and how we humans react to unhuman object acting like they have human emotions.

wierd. I was lucky enough to also get the Wall*E DVD for Xmas so I'll have to rewatch it to see if I can agree with you...(been 3 months since Ive seen it so of course I forgot everything so far)

Then again, as far as I can remember it pretty much kicked ass for the first half hour or so, up until where he's on the ship...and then it goes a bit Inconvenient truth

Dude, vikirad, tell me what the fuck is going on?! Is it like national emmigration day? I passed around 600 romanian cars in the 400km stretch from vienna to munich. I'm not even kidding or exaggerating, I passed like 3 cars a minute! More of them than any other nation by far and away (except austrians)

The richer b*stards don't want to spend New Year's Eve in the country... And probably they're not in such a hurry that they would want to take an airplane to the Alps, so they go there by car. Otherwise, might also be a flurry of people that work outside the country, have spent Christmas at home and are returning to Spain, France or wherever to get back to work.

Yeah there were some (stolen :p) 7 series, and even a Touareg from Cluj, but most of them didn't look too rich, saw a few dacias, even almost yelled GREAT NEWS!

You've got a point there. Quite a lot of 7ers are driven around here by Gypsies, and they can't do anything better than steal everything they touch. And build up enough cash to buy that kind of car, while living in a cardboard hut and barely having enough money to have a gallon of fuel into the tank at all times.

Regarding Wall-E: I don't want anyone to agree with me, that's just my opinion. :)

Mind you, I am not the biggest Pixar fan anyway. I really liked The Incredibles, I haven't even seen Cars or Toy Story 2. It's just that Wall-E's loneliness at the start kind of bugged me... even when Eve got to Earth she was first just interested in her directive, and then she basically shut down.

I did enjoy it a certain extent, I just think it's slightly overrated as most Pixar films. I still watched it twice... visuals on Earth are stunning in Bluray. :mrgreen:

Is christmas considered officially over now? Is it time to get rid of my santa hat ava?

i think you should kill it with fire

OK

I've got two section of my Gums which are sore, more an irritating sensation then a painful sensation...

My leg is now pissing me off even more, when I sleep I toss and turn and end up sleeping on it and waking in excruciating pain. Might have to tie myself into position when I go to bed now......

Moving on for a second, I'm glancing through a small local paper (for those playing in Adelaide, it's the Northern Argus, based primarily in Clare, which has a population of about 30) as I'm considering applying for an advertised job. A little further down the page is the 'Personals' section. Here's a few examples:

ABSOLUTE ASIAN
19, busty, size 8, wants adult fun, mst b discreet. Txt "Hi5" to ...

ANNA
22, blond, discreet, lives alone. Has pics, no strings only Txt "yes10" to ...

PERKY
dark long hair, enjoys being dominated anywhere, anytime. Txt 'julie' on ...

I'm struck by the fact that as it's not an overly populated region of the state, there must be a fair chance that everybody knows each other. So something along the lines of 'hey, I recognise that girl, that's Mavis's daughter!'. And even if the phone number posted is different, suppose we had a situation such as 'OMG DAD WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE!' or an old school friend; 'well this is awkward...'

I love that last advertisement. 'Enjoys being dominated, anywhere, anytime'. MAX MOSLEY STYLE!!! Not only that, but howabout 12 noon, the High Street eh love? I'm considering texting the number to find out exactly how far I can go with that...

How ugly do these chicks have to be to resort to advertising in the local rag? I assume 'must be discreet' is code for bored, married housewife. And you'd have to be discreet, I guess, when the region only has a population of 100 and they all get together during the Christmas street festival...

"See her. I'm shagging her!"

So there you have my random thoughts! :p

Last edited:
I suppose 99% of those numbers relay you to a couple of elderly lady's in a basement room texting with twenty other guys at once. If you are very unlucky, it's a guy you will be texting with.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with most of those "text blah to..." aren't real people.