Random Thoughts....

To continue the current theme:
I sometimes wake up with a completely limp arm, which goes away after 5-10 minutes after waking up. It's kinda weird, having a completely limp appendage, you try to move it, but nothing happens and it just flaps around when you move your body.

That used to happen to me every once in a while, it's a bizarre sensation.

I don't know much about cameras, but this is dead sexy, I think.
K2000_white_sm.jpg

^It happens when you sleep on said arm. Yes, it happens to me a lot as well.

It has more to do with head position than actually sleeping on your arm, so says my doctor.

never had the cramp thing, the wife does occasionally, only thing that helps is waiting for it to pass and drinking water...

oh and btw that white camera is teh sex.

never had the cramp thing, the wife does occasionally, only thing that helps is waiting for it to pass and drinking water...

If I have it in the middle of the night, I get out of bed and jump around in my room until it goes away. For some reason, it's gone much sooner if I do that. :|

For some reason, the temperature was -9?C here this morning, which resulted in a very careful drive to work ...
for you people that don't know : that's VERY cold (atleast for me)

Temp is not supposed to go over 0?C for the coming week... no rain/snow yet though

For some reason, the temperature was -9?C here this morning, which resulted in a very careful drive to work ...
for you people that don't know : that's VERY cold (atleast for me)

Temp is not supposed to go over 0?C for the coming week... no rain/snow yet though

It was 24c and sunny here, it was very pleasent when I went out to Subway actually.

I'm a few days late, but anyway: DAMNIT, the worlds largest Christmas goat got burned. It's in my home town...

Christmas goat...

The G?vle goat went up in flames early Saturday morning, after being set alight by unknown assailants, according to police.

Images from a webcam posted near the world-famous G?vle goat showed a blackened skeleton and clouds of dark smoke were all that remained of the once towering straw goat.

For decades, the town in eastern Sweden has erected a traditional straw goat shortly before Christmas in the main city square.

And for decades, vandals have tried to burn down the goat to the ground.

A spokesperson for the G?vle goat committee was distressed upon hearing the news.

?We have been so happy that he survived through Christmas Eve, which is the toughest period every year. We haven?t applied any flame retardant the last two years and thought that he would probably survive without it,? said the committee?s Anna ?stman to the TT news agency.

?The goat adds a great deal to the Christmas atmosphere in G?vle.?

?stman added that the goat?s fate is watched around the world, prompting what can often be emotional responses from afar regarding the burning of the goat.

?So far this year, people from 105 countries have followed the goat via the webcams. And many become really sad when they learn that he?s burned down,? she said.

Although police were near the scene when the goat first started to burn, no arrests had been made in the case as of 4.30 am on Saturday.

The 13 metre high straw goat was completed on November 28th and survived nearly a month before succumbing to the flames.

G?vle?s Christmas goat generated many imitators across the country, a number of which didn?t last as long before going up in smoke.

Uh, what?

I have no idea what this is, but how can you be surprised when a "world-famous giant straw goat" gets burned down? I know Sweden isn't as vandalicious as the US, but...

Uh, what?

I have no idea what this is, but how can you be surprised when a "world-famous giant straw goat" gets burned down? I know Sweden isn't as vandalicious as the US, but...

I wasn't surprised but i had money on that it would live past the New year! :mad:

Was it you? <_<

I read about that last year, although the goat survived then. Why do they bother? Secretly they must love the fact it gets targeted every year; think of the tourism benefits.

No, it wasn't me. :p And the straw goat is all about PR. So it's probably better if it burns..

Especially since the went on national radio and TV and said the they weren't using flame retardants this year...

Exactly. We have a place in Gumeraca that has a giant horse. It doesnt get burned down because it's made of metal and girders. Because it doesnt get burned down, nobody's ever heard of it. I now know there's a town in Sweden (I now know there's a Sweden!) called Gavle. Full of arsonists and people who like building oversized novelty objects out of straw...

I'm still never likely to ever visit, but at least I know its there. So it's great exposure, although they'd never admit it.

I feel sorry for your town, but I have to admit I stopped reading the article once I got to "the G?vle goat committee". :lol:

Exactly. We have a place in Gumeraca that has a giant horse. It doesnt get burned down because it's made of metal and girders. Because it doesnt get burned down, nobody's ever heard of it. I now know there's a town in Sweden (I now know there's a Sweden!) called Gavle. Full of arsonists and people who like building oversized novelty objects out of straw...

I'm still never likely to ever visit, but at least I know its there. So it's great exposure, although they'd never admit it.

but wait there's more!!
we also have one of the best ice-hockey teams in Sweden: Bryn?s IF
And a Team in the national football (soccer) league: Gefle IF

And there's Coffee (Gevalia) and candy (L?kerol and Ahlgrens bilar)

I feel sorry for your town, but I have to admit I stopped reading the article once I got to "the G?vle goat committee". :lol:

I know it sounds bad but it's just the ppl that puts it there every year. A bunch of local business owners.

'Day The Earth Stood Still' Is shit, can't believe i spent 170kr to get a moral lesson.. And Keanu can't even act a alien, who's got no emotions.

Are you serious? I thought that part would be right up his alley. How did he manage to screw that up?

'Day The Earth Stood Still' Is shit, can't believe i spent 170kr to get a moral lesson.. And Keanu can't even act a alien, who's got no emotions.

Did you seriously think "Hey, this could be an OK movie" after seeing the trailers? If yes, you deserve the lesson.