Random Thoughts....

How can anybody not like a film that's essentially Hamlet for Hosers?

[YOUTUBE]6hIAzapxDpg[/YOUTUBE]

was in a car accident (5 cars) on the way home, will post more info when i'm off the phone with the insurance company

Crap - sorry to hear that, hope the damage isn't too bad (presumably you're okay).

I'm sore from the seatbelt, mostly cosmetic it appears (my brother drove it home) but all my lights are broken and the bumpers have been ripped open by the high tensile steel.

What caused the accident?

Hah, I had a bit of bad luck too tonight. I hit a really huge pothole... so huge that I banged my knee against the steering wheel and it still hurts 3 hours later.

I drove home and discovered I have a flat. It's bad enough that the bottom of the tire is completely flat where it touches the ground. I will have to get the tire fixed before I know if anything else is wrong with it, but the car was making some really weird noises and drifting way to the left.

Sometimes, I just think my stupid IS is cursed. I got into an accident 4 months after I got it, and ever since then small nuisances like this keep popping up out of nowhere. It's a shame I'm such a lazy bum, because I sometimes think about selling it and going without a car. I spend more time annoyed at the whole driving thing than I care to. :wall:

Edit: Does anyone know if there's any extra steps in removing my tire because of the tire pressure monitoring system? Is it a cable I have to unplug when I'm taking the wheel off?

Last edited:
Today and for couple of days more, highway speed is limited to 90 km/h for all vehicles here (normally it's 120 km/h). Motorists driving quicker risk a fine of 120 euro. The weather has been very dry, cold and absoutely windstill for a couple of days and it seems the amount of "microdust" (produced in huge amounts by diesel engines without special filter) is reaching alarming levels, that is why the speed limit is put in place.

Yes, and all lorries, the main cause of these micro-particles can still continue at their normal pace of 80 kph, so hardly anything changes. I love it when politicians give so clear notice of how they have no fucking clue about what they're doing.

Uhg. I feel like a dog turd that has been stepped on looked at and then wiped off on the curb. Ohhh, and if this fucker working 20 feet away from me doesn't stop with the damn Scotty quotes and his whistling I'm gonna start throwing sharp objects.

Today and for couple of days more, highway speed is limited to 90 km/h for all vehicles here (normally it's 120 km/h). Motorists driving quicker risk a fine of 120 euro. The weather has been very dry, cold and absoutely windstill for a couple of days and it seems the amount of "microdust" (produced in huge amounts by diesel engines without special filter) is reaching alarming levels, that is why the speed limit is put in place.

doesn't even bother me that much anymore, I guess most people know that the "we're saving the environment" speech is just shit, and they're doing it to make more money off speeding fines.

I just do the 90kph they tell me to do, and watch other losers who are daft get tickets...
besides, it helps you save fuel, which you can then use for doing stupid stuff like going real fast or accelerating real hard :)

Wow, that's ghey. I cannot really even use my 6th gear at 90, so I seriously doubt that I would generate less dust particles at 90 than at 120.

Why can't they just hire people to go out with micro-particle vacuums and suck up all of the dust, thus creating jobs, saving the environment, and let everyone drive at a reasonable speed? Really I should be in charge of the UN or something.

It is actually a problem though, Belgium has a lot of diesel cars and a very dense road network, and it's a transit country so there's lots of foreign traffic as well.

@Honzik: driving slower requires less fuel, simple as that :) Less fuel means less particles.

Why can't they just hire people to go out with micro-particle vacuums and suck up all of the dust, thus creating jobs, saving the environment, and let everyone drive at a reasonable speed? Really I should be in charge of the UN or something.

well, you got my vote already :)

I pulled a Jason Chiu! (I actually didn't notice at first though)

http://img131.imageshack.**/img131/6792/cleansweeptw0.jpg