Random Thoughts....

I just realized I have negtive rep and it is apparently because and I quote "-rep for scripted word and having too low post count."

I find this funny.

I will never, ever understand this. How fucking hard is it to comprehend that dialing the emergency number is only for, y'know, emergencies?

I bet if you made a rule that someone calls the emergency number and makes an unquestionably stupid claim three different times, then emergency will block their number. Not only will it most definitely cut down on the amount of morons calling it, but the ones that just don't get it and get themselves blocked will have a Darwin-like effect applied to them!

Screen wipe FTW (Just discovered this - well worth a look).

[YOUTUBE]gSa3W06gQZk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]V7O65dk3SeQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I will never, ever understand this. How fucking hard is it to comprehend that dialing the emergency number is only for, y'know, emergencies?

I bet if you made a rule that someone calls the emergency number and makes an unquestionably stupid claim three different times, then emergency will block their number. Not only will it most definitely cut down on the amount of morons calling it, but the ones that just don't get it and get themselves blocked will have a Darwin-like effect applied to them!

It's staggering that people will call 999 for "I can't reach the TV remote" or "The man didn't give me anchovies on my pizza".

I suggest fining each silly caller ?100, and people will stop phoning for stupid reasons (it costs the London Ambulance Service ?154ish to answer each callout, so the fine isn't unreasonable). No charge, of course, for real emergencies.

Screen wipe FTW (Just discovered this - well worth a look)

I'm a huge fan - there've been 5 series now, all on Youtube, and all worth watching.

Charlie Brooker's column in the Guardian's normally great too.here

I think a lot of people dial 911 because they don't know the number for the local police. I know I have been in situations before where I need to call the authorities but can't think of the detachment's local 10 digit number. I've never called 911 instead, but I can see why some people would.

If they had 811 or some other short number for calling the police I bet a lot of the non-emergency calls to 911 would stop.

I think a lot of people dial 911 because they don't know the number for the local police. I know I have been in situations before where I need to call the authorities but can't think of the detachment's local 10 digit number. I've never called 911 instead, but I can see why some people would.

If they had 811 or some other short number for calling the police I bet a lot of the non-emergency calls to 911 would stop.

You'd call the police if the local pizzeria forgot to add anchovies?

No. :rolleyes:

I know some people just call 911 to fuck with them, like kids doing prank calls. But what if you got car jacked? What if you wanted to report a drunkard on the road? There are very serious situations that wouldn't necessarily be emergencies.

I'm just saying, I always thought it was odd there was no easy way to contact the cops, other than dialing (604) 555-1234.

000 (our emergency number) don't mind if it's a genuine need of the police, they can forward that fine they care if it's a blatent waste of the line.

I'll admit I don't know my local police's number either but I'd assume 911/999 could put you through?

At least, if you were (say) in a car crash, phoning 999 for local police would be a better idea than phoning directory enquiries...

I'll admit I don't know my local police's number either but I'd assume 911/999 could put you through?

At least, if you were (say) in a car crash, phoning 999 for local police would be a better idea than phoning directory enquiries...

That's what we did yesterday, they connected it through to local ambo and po-po

TNT Express have lost the birthday present I got for my Brother, they have no idea where it is.

:blowup:

Desperate Housewives, lol.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpQoTekwW08&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

Take your body free now, Keep it on the liimit! DAaannceerRR!

I have posted this with assistance from a speech to text translator. Woo hoo!

Es ist zu sp?t!! Wir sind da!

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO (splashes water everywhere)!!

I have a problem with console games, and I currently think they all suck.
See what I do is buy one, play it for a while, enjoy myself immensely for a while, then the game gets harder and harder, and you have to try stuff over and over again to keep "winning"...

but after a while I sort of hit my talent wall and don't want to keep trying everything over and over and over... so I just kinda give up.
I know it's dumb of me to do this, because I know eventually I will be able to do it, but since I have a buttload of games now, I just switch to another type of game, where the same happens...first joy, then frustration, then utter hate, then I can't be arsed anymore...

The thing that annoys me even more is that half the time, if you have a 2 player game, you need to "unlock" a whole bunch of stuff before you can use them in 2 player mode. But what if I just want to play with a mate? Besides, it's unfair to the other guy if I race them on a track/car that I spent ages unlocking.......

Am I just a noob or are there other people like this?