Random Thoughts....

My college is now offering the dynamics class my classmates and I had to fight for. Woohoo!

Speaking of drinking, I just watched the Mythbusters episode where Adam and Jamie tested methods of sobering up. I laughed till tears came out of my eyes when Adam stepped off the treadmill, then accidentally stepped on it, fell, hit his head and knocked his glasses off, and then got promptly thrown backwards into the green screen because the treadmill was still moving. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

EDIT:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3KCjIAhSPc[/YOUTUBE]

Just in case anyone wants to watch it. :lol:

I think the slow mo face slap is funnier. :lol:

i moved to FF a few months ago and see it as a great improvement over IE. especially in how it'll remember & reopen my page tabs if something unfortunate happens to the computer.

Damn what is facebook doing. That new layout sucks with all the lame quizzes. Anyone found a way to remove that shit? If not I think I'm gonna ditch the thing, isn't of any use anymore now.

It's Bender if he were human, some context:

[YOUTUBE]DVZzPJq34qM[/YOUTUBE]
Sorry for the poor quality, but I didn't think a video of this was uploaded anywhere anyway.

If you used a slice of flint as a guitar pick, how much sparking could you actually get? And how long would your (steel, of course) strings last? :hmm:

Got my new tablet today.

Still can't get used to how it works DX Its a weird new experience for me, this tablet stuff.

Damn what is facebook doing. That new layout sucks with all the lame quizzes. Anyone found a way to remove that shit? If not I think I'm gonna ditch the thing, isn't of any use anymore now.

i've found it if anything very distracting but i'm slowly getting used to it. its annoying but i would say that if in another 2 years facebook introduced another new version people would just as equally bitch about it and demand the 'old' one coming back.

I've somehow gotten used to the design, despite it now feeling pretty much the same as Twitter - just being about the status'.

Does anyone else find this commercial revolting?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdK9zSl2cgE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I've seen it like 5 times in 2 days, I'd rather not see it again.

If someone was born with a mixup in their brain that essentially mapped every color to a different one would there be anyway of testing for this? Let me explain. The primary colors, blue, red and yellow. Say this mixup causes their brain to switch the blue and red colors. So they would look at the sky and call it blue because that is what everyone has always told them is the name for that color but really they would be seeing the color we think of as red. Vice versa, if you asked them what color blood was they would say red but actually be looking at the color you think of as blue.

They would still pass all the colorblind tests since they can distinguish between colors. The color wheel would still hold true, it would just be flipped in this case.

So, could you test for this? Is there an incredibly simple answer I am missing? If I picked a bad example of blue being switched with red is there any mapping which couldn't be tested for; maybe a complete mirror image of the visible light based on their frequencies? I'm not high but would it help explain my ramblings if I was?

If someone was born with a mixup in their brain that essentially mapped every color to a different one would there be anyway of testing for this? Let me explain. The primary colors, blue, red and yellow. Say this mixup causes their brain to switch the blue and red colors. So they would look at the sky and call it blue because that is what everyone has always told them is the name for that color but really they would be seeing the color we think of as red. Vice versa, if you asked them what color blood was they would say red but actually be looking at the color you think of as blue.

They would still pass all the colorblind tests since they can distinguish between colors. The color wheel would still hold true, it would just be flipped in this case.

So, could you test for this? Is there an incredibly simple answer I am missing? If I picked a bad example of blue being switched with red is there any mapping which couldn't be tested for; maybe a complete mirror image of the visible light based on their frequencies? I'm not high but would it help explain my ramblings if I was?

Please tell me this is The Ultimate Question.

If so, 42. :p

I've wondered about this, and the only conclusion I've been able to come up with is that someone, somewhere, is living the Star Trek Green Women fantasy without even knowing it.

That's the kind of thing that thinking about for too long will kill you.
Here's some soothing music to prevent it.

If it were in the brain I'd have to say there would be no way to tell or even that it would never pop up that one should look.