Random Thoughts....

JFK, I have a project to finish and I've had a giant Red Bull and a cup of coffee and I'm still tired. This is going to be fun.

No! Lies! LIES! ALL LIES!

...but seriously? Swine flu = just another government scam to scare us out of our money. Its just the goddamn flu and we're so trained to hit the panic button instantly that just because its called SWINE flu we freak out. Its simply a different strain of the flu. You recover if you take care of yourself and besides, if people are that goddamn scared, wash your hands more often and don't hang around sick people and germy places. Srsly. Get over it.

/rant.

Well it is a bit more complicated than that, the H1N1 virus is not yet resistant to antivirals but has the possibility to be which makes it scary. I do however think some local governments and 24 news programs are blowing the current severity out of proportion the threat is still there. Also hand washing isn't going to make you safe H1N1 is probably spread airborne via droplet particles (not proven yet).

I had a dream last night where I was watching an F1 race where the cars had indicators on them, and everyone was indicating left and right when they were about to make a turn into a corner, and turning on their hazard lights when they were pulling into the pits.

Is it any wonder then that I woke up laughing like some crazy fool? :lmao:

I need a racing game on the computer to play with. I have DiRT, GRID, and am not interested in GTR or LFS as I don't have a wheel and I want something arcady. Any ideas?

How aboot NFS: Most Wanted? Cop chases are fun! Just remember the stadium if you get into trouble...

Played that to death when it first came out, and now I cannot play NFS games. I just reinstalled GRiD and think that and GTAIV will hold me over.

I decided to heat my leftover pizza in the oven instead of the microwave, and OMG, so much better.

I had a dream last night where I was watching an F1 race where the cars had indicators on them, and everyone was indicating left and right when they were about to make a turn into a corner, and turning on their hazard lights when they were pulling into the pits.

Is it any wonder then that I woke up laughing like some crazy fool? :lmao:

I've had weird Formula 1 dreams lately. Maybe the world feed is brainwashing us. Although one was awesome because I was driving a Brawn and going bloody fast. What was weird though, was that I was driving at Le Mans and had the voice of Allan McNish telling me how to do a great lap and I was setting a blistering pace. What pisses me off is that the sun coming into my eyes woke me up because the sun was rising outside in outer dream world.

I don't remember if it was this forum, or somewhere else... but does someone here have that little crawling ant/spider thing in their signature? The one that actually looks like an ant crawling on your screen.

I don't remember if it was this forum, or somewhere else... but does someone here have that little crawling ant/spider thing in their signature? The one that actually looks like an ant crawling on your screen.
The Real Stig!

Going to see The Living End in concert tonight. Can't wait!!!

No! Lies! LIES! ALL LIES!

...but seriously? Swine flu = just another government scam to scare us out of our money. Its just the goddamn flu and we're so trained to hit the panic button instantly that just because its called SWINE flu we freak out. Its simply a different strain of the flu. You recover if you take care of yourself and besides, if people are that goddamn scared, wash your hands more often and don't hang around sick people and germy places. Srsly. Get over it.

/rant.

Educate yourself. H1N1 is not just another flu. It's far more serious than that. It's a massive topic of discussion at my work (look up Relenza to figure it out) and isn't just some hoax by any Government, have a look at what the WHO is.

This is the sort of thing that worries me, just how easy it is now for a major virus to be spread around the world given the improvements in long distance travel over the past 200 years, and the recent (last 50 years) trend of holidaying in other countries.

The black death spread from italy throughout europe in into england in about 6 months and that was in the 1300s. I would say the speed of the spread has more to do with how the virus is contracted rather then how quickly people move across the globe. A virus with a slow incubation period is particularly bad because the virus can move all over the globe before any symptoms arise and all of a sudden, you have a global pandemic. Some researches believe the black death was like this.

Last edited:
The black death spread from italy throughout europe in into england in about 6 months and that was in the 1300s. I would say the speed of the spread has more to do with how the virus is contracted rather then how quickly people move across the globe. A virus with a slow incubation period is particularly bad because the virus can move all over the globe before any symptoms arise and all of a sudden, you have a global pandemic. Some researches believe the black death was like this.

Right, and seeing as we don't throw our fecal matter out of the windows to fester in the streets alongside corpses and raw sewage, and that we take baths with water that isn't the consistency of leftover chocolate milk, I think we're a tad better off. ;)

Bring out ya' dead!

you just have to think as well (on the topic of swine flu), if this virus can be spread via airborne particles, and given that masks are althogether not that effective to prolonged exposure, what's going to happen if somebody with this is on a long-haul (ie more than 12 hour) flight with 400 other people and is coughing and sniffling into air that is just constantly being recirculated throughout the plane? That's 400 potential infections, then factor in any close family- one flight could cause hundreds or thousands of infections.

Worst case scenario there, but given the amount of flights each day and that most people will "act tough" when it's only in the little cough and sneeze stage (but still contagious), this is going to be a potential nightmare. If the world des get out of this with minimal damage, it's going to be due to great goverment management, not government sensationlism.

Last edited:
you just have to think as well (on the topic of swine flu), if this virus can be spread via airborne particles, and given that masks are althogether not that effective to prolonged exposure, what's going to happen if somebody with this is on a long-haul (ie more than 12 hour) flight with 400 other people and is coughing and sniffling into air that is just constantly being recirculated throughout the plane? That's 400 potential infections, then factor in any close family- one flight could cause hundreds or thousands of infections.

Worst case scenario there, but given the amount of flights each day and that most people will "act tough" when it's only in the little cough and sneeze stage (but still contagious), this is going to be a potential nightmare. If the world des get out of this with minimal damage, it's going to be due to great goverment management, not government sensationlism.

That's how the zombie apocalypse begins.

:ph34r:

Apparently the early testing for swine flu generated a huge number of false positives, couple that with the fact that a lot of the numbers coming out of Mexico for infections and deaths are estimates everything you're hearing is blown way out of proportion. So far in the US they are claiming 1 swine flu death, and that is questionable, yesterday about 100 people died from regular flu in the US, but you won't hear that on the news. All the WHO is doing right now is rating the transmissiblity of the disease and guess what? All flu hits a 5 or 6 on their scale. I'll worry about the swine flu when people start dropping dead in the streets, til then I'm taking everything I hear with a spoon full of salt.

To divert the talk away from this flu madness...

I'm loving the Soviet Union's national anthem. Not as an idea, simply as a piece of music.

Yeah the DDR also had an alright national anthem as well, it's also the current national anthem of Russia anyway afaik they briefly had one in the early ninties then went back to the old soviet anthem with a few words changed.

I'd be more concerned if you came out an said horst wessel leid was a bad ass tune

Last edited: