Random Thoughts....

You're not using a version that has auto-recovery?

Apparently Microsoft Word for Mac doesn't have it. And you know what happens when a Mac crashes...

WaitCursor-300p.gif

^ Or even worse, that multilingual white on black text comes up telling you to press the power button to restart... thanks Captain Obvious!

Shouldn't be too bad though, doesn't Office for Mac auto-save every few minutes?

Broke up with my boyfriend.

Have resorted to writing emo poetry and gorging on snacks.

in other words, nothing much has changed.

:lol:

^ Whaaaaat? After all that this is a bit of an anticlimactic end, you let us down! :shakefist:

:p

^ Whaaaaat? After all that this is a bit of an anticlimactic end, you let us down! :shakefist:

:p

You were expecting more?

I figured I'd spare you guys the rant :p Because there is one, I just don't think anyone here really wants to hear it.

I slept 9 and a half hours last night. Fuck yeah.

you're a public servent, you're supposed to do that at work :p

You were expecting more?

I figured I'd spare you guys the rant :p Because there is one, I just don't think anyone here really wants to hear it.

You are correct, this is random thoughts not emo help line

Last edited:
Instead of a rant, I will just say: I need a hug. :cry:

We're way past keeping this thread off relationship drama and bore, so you might as well tell us why you broke up with Mr. Nice Guy, seemed like you were sweet on him.

Here's the hug in advance: :hug:

My fingers hurt soooo baaaad. Installed my seat covers in 5 hours and the tips of my fingers are red.

It hurts to type :( In other news, my car looks fking sweeeeeet now :) Needs a wash, claybar + wax then it's going to be more awesome! :3

I just watched another episode of star trek the next generation and I have to say ... I'm laughing my head off like every time. How many episodes did captain Picard refer to his first officer as "Number One"?

Seriously, did the actors and crew not catch on or was it a running joke? :lol:

I just watched another episode of star trek the next generation and I have to say ... I'm laughing my head off like every time. How many episodes did captain Picard refer to his first officer as "Number One"?

Seriously, did the actors and crew not catch on or was it a running joke? :lol:

All of them.

Seriously.

lolwut. I don't get why women get all so worked up over this. If he's an ex, what do you care what she or anyone else does with/to him????

It's more the fact that she tried to turn my friend-to-firiend advice of "avoid him, he's bad news" into me malicously (yes, she said that) sabotaging her relationship with him, which of course everybody naively believed and I was booted out of the "group" for a while. Until they realised that I was right, she was an evil bitch, he was gross and too big a fan of PDAs and immediately started the major apology train.
She came out of the "drama" worse than i did- no friends, bad rep throughout the school and throrougly heartbroken. Will post her deviantart page (of all things- eugh) to demonstrate the LOLS I got outta it :D

But god, rant time (even more :p). Women in the car behind me on the way home today has to be using drugs. Seriously, everything I did warranted her beeping the horn and swearing out the window. The only thing I did wrong was brake pretty hard because she was tailgating and I was watching her to make sure she didn't rear-end me. That and apparently waiting for a space to pull out into traffic that is bigger than 10 metres isn't allowed anymore.
And of course she followed the same route I did nearly all the way home, tailgating and swearing at me the whole time. I'm still scared she's going to come and torch my car or something.She seemed like that kind of neurotic, chain-smoking bitch.

^^ Mmm brake checking. If I can't see your headlights in my rear view mirror, I WILL brake check you. No reason to be zooming up on my ass when they can move lanes; typically I'm not in the far left lane/passing lane when this happens so I should NOT have to move when other spots are open in other lanes. They obviously get pissed off and try to get back at me but I like pacing another car to make a "wall" so they can't try to cut me off and stomp on their brakes (I don't stomp my brakes) to show their anger. It's fun when they try to see me through my tint :lol:

Though lately I've been trying to be a nice driver. Doesn't always work.. :mad:

... typically I'm not in the far left lane/passing lane when this happens so I should NOT have to move when other spots are open in other lanes. They obviously get pissed off and try to get back at me but I like pacing another car to make a "wall" so they can't try to cut me off and stomp on their brakes...

When I was in high school and was traveling with my rugby team, we did this alllllllot. We called them mooning traps....:lol:

Last edited:
Reminds me of this (remember kids, Australians drive on the left)

Freeways are a great modern invention. Designed to speed up traffic flow and let you travel long distances in a short time, they are optimised for high speeds and low stress levels. To make the most of these modern marvels, I have worked out the best way to approach freeway driving, for your satisfaction and that of others, too.

There are really only five components of happy freeway motoring, most importantly the Golden Rule, which we will get to shortly. The others are the Right Speed, Lane Usage, Merging and, lastly, Using Your Mirrors.

Before we begin, though, let me personally congratulate you on taking the time to read this article. The very act of doing so shows your careful and responsible attitude to motoring, and implies that you are almost certainly not one of the countless morons or idiots causing all the problems on the road in the first place.

The Golden Rule

The first thing to remember on the freeway is that your speed is the Right Speed. Anybody else who wants to go slower than you is a complete idiot. Anybody who wants to go any faster than you must be a total moron, it's very dangerous!
Hence the Golden Rule : your speed is The Right Speed.

The Right Speed

Since everybody else will probably not agree with you as to what is the Right Speed on the freeway, there are a few things you can do to teach people a lesson. Other drivers usually have perfectly good intentions and really want to do the right thing, the poor things just aren't educated properly!

Travel at the Right Speed in the right hand lane, and never move into the left lane to let people past. In this way you can enforce the Golden Rule, and other drivers will appreciate that you have shown them the correct way to drive on the freeway.

If you change lanes to let somebody past (which you should never need to do - any speed faster than yours is highly risky), you can speed up enough to make passing you impossible or at least very difficult. This is a good way to prove that you have the fastest car on the road, and that you could go faster if you wanted to, it's just that your chosen speed is the Right Speed, so why would you bother?

Don't sit on the one cruising speed. The Right Speed is continuously variable and completely random. It's also at least 20 to 30 km/h below the speed limit if you see a police car, speed camera, an accident, anything remotely interesting off to the side of the road, or if there is a slight curve in the road.

Using Lanes to Your Benefit
Please note: This article was written as a guide to Australian drivers, and as such the right lane on the freeway is the "fast lane" and the left lane is where you probably should be if you drive a Volvo or a Niki 650. For those parts of the world where the driver sits on the left hand side of the car, you can replace "left lane" with "right lane" and vice-versa. Thankyou for listening.

Remembering the Golden Rule - that your speed is the Right Speed; it should be obvious that you can travel at the exact speed you wish, in any lane you see fit. If all the idiots sped up just a bit and the morons slowed down and enjoyed the ride a bit more, the freeway would be a much better place to be. Then it wouldn't matter who was driving in which lane, either, because everyone else would be doing the Right Speed along with you.

However, because this isn't a perfect world, everybody else will think that they need to travel at least slightly faster or slightly slower than you, probably just to be childish. With this in mind, the best way to use a multi-lane road to your benefit is to stay in the right-hand lane (the "fast" lane). There are a few good reasons for doing this. The first is that the road rules state you should "Keep left unless overtaking". Now, since you're going the Right Speed, you will always be overtaking the idiots who insist on going slower than you, and they are the ones who should stay in the left lane. Anybody who wants to go faster is a complete moron and should slow down, so there is no reason that you should move into the left lane and let them overtake you. Remember, keeping the roads safe is your duty as a road user!

Remember that changing lanes is risky, evil business and is slightly worse than gambling and prostitution. Don't do it, if you can help it. There are really only two situations where you should change lanes on the freeway - getting onto the freeway and getting off.

The only time you should be in the left lane is for the first 25 or 50 metres after you merge onto the freeway, as you quickly dart across into the right lane (see Merging for more details on this), and in the last 20 metres or so before you take an exit ramp off the freeway.
At all other times there is no reason for you to be in any lane other than the furthest right-hand lane, where you can best perform your duty to society of protecting those imbeciles who are too moronic to know when to slow down.

Just a reminder - never indicate when you want to change lanes. Flashing lights are for Christmas trees and ambulances.

Merging

To merge onto the freeway from an on-ramp, accelerate gently up the ramp until you reach the flow of traffic, where you realise that you can never get into the lane because you are doing half the speed of everyone else. The best thing to do when this happens is to stop suddenly and look bewildered. Remain stopped at the merge point until you see a suitably large gap in the traffic for you to gently resume accelerating onto the main freeway.

The longer you can remain stopped at the entry point to the freeway the better, because cars will bank up behind you, and will not be able to merge into the traffic because they are also at a standstill. The drivers of these vehicles behind you will be most grateful to you for relieving them of the ordeal of seamlessly merging onto the freeway at a similar speed as all the other freeway traffic. They, too, can now calmly wait at the entrance point for a large break in the flow of vehicles.

When there is a small break in the traffic, start accelerating onto the freeway. Don't accelerate too quickly though, because with any luck there will be another line of cars coming up behind you, and they won't want to continue at the same speed they've been going at. You can bet your best Volvo key pouch that they have been hurtling along frightened to death, praying that another driver would give them a reason to slow down and look around without being noticed.

Once you have slowed down the traffic flow nicely, you can then merge into the right hand lane. This should take place within the first 50 metres after you have merged onto the freeway. Remember, the left lane is only for those idiots who want to drive more slowly than you do, and you must take your opportunity to teach those morons in the fast lane a lesson immediately, so get over into that right lane quickly!

Mirrors

Don't bother using your rear view mirrors, you really don't need to worry about anything behind you. As long as you are driving at the Right Speed, which you almost definitely are (see The Golden Rule), there is absolutely no reason for you to look in your rear-view mirror. Probably the most useful thing you can do with your rear-view mirrors is adjust them so that you can look at your hair or check your make up easily in heavy traffic. Vehicle manufacturers are most generous in providing three mirrors so that you may view yourself from several angles at once, so take advantage of this thoughtful little extra.

Take care to obey these tips for freeway driving, and I'm sure you will have trouble free motoring on the freeways. The best time to read this would probably be while you are actually driving on the freeway, so that it is fresh in your mind, and you will not make the same mistake as almost everybody else on the road.

Original Article: http://thrashcar.com/articles/article.asp?articleID=62

^^ Mmm brake checking. If I can't see your headlights in my rear view mirror, I WILL brake check you. No reason to be zooming up on my ass when they can move lanes; typically I'm not in the far left lane/passing lane when this happens so I should NOT have to move when other spots are open in other lanes. They obviously get pissed off and try to get back at me but I like pacing another car to make a "wall" so they can't try to cut me off and stomp on their brakes (I don't stomp my brakes) to show their anger. It's fun when they try to see me through my tint :lol:

Though lately I've been trying to be a nice driver. Doesn't always work.. :mad:

Might want to check your road rule book at brake checking

I am so dumb... I thought both my headsets were broken, because I could only hear the left side of the headset... turns out I had inadvertently set the volume to "all leftie"

*Fail*

good thing is, I don't need to buy a new headset...