Random Thoughts....

I just scored 85% at a pre-exam and exam-type test in Literature. We passed this test along with all the other 12th graders in the school, and the teachers split the tests at random for evaluation. My paper ended up with a teacher that doesn't accept any ideas other than hers and she cut off 10 points out of 30 for one of the subjects.

P.S. I was told that she doesn't think much of boys' literary commentary skills.

:mad:

I'm sure I could have scored 92-93% if someone else had been correcting my paper.

So I was towel tricking my xbox, to try and help it. I think I heard some fizzing and crackling from inside the system...whoops...it better RROD again.

Ok, someone explain this to me because I don't get it. Why would anyone ever want to overheat their console and have it fail on them? It makes no sense to me, Then again, I don't have an X-box.

I just scored 85% at a pre-exam and exam-type test in Literature. We passed this test along with all the other 12th graders in the school, and the teachers split the tests at random for evaluation. My paper ended up with a teacher that doesn't accept any ideas other than hers and she cut off 10 points out of 30 for one of the subjects.

P.S. I was told that she doesn't think much of boys' literary commentary skills.

:mad:

I'm sure I could have scored 92-93% if someone else had been correcting my paper.

Ask if another teacher could remark it? They should really be standardizing their marking, in my subjects a sample of marked work is remarked to check marking standards.

In other news, I seriously think reading these forums is a full time hobby. There's so many people and threads, it's really cool to see the popularity but I never seem to keep up :p. There's always holidays to catch up, in a glorious two weeks!

ETA:

Ok, someone explain this to me because I don't get it. Why would anyone ever want to overheat their console and have it fail on them? It makes no sense to me, Then again, I don't have an X-box.

My ex and his mates always encouraged the RROD to happen before the warranty ran out, if it happened after the warranty period they'd have to buy a new X-box.

Last edited:
Ask if another teacher could remark it? They should really be standardizing their marking, in my subjects a sample of marked work is remarked to check marking standards.

Marking in Literature papers can NEVER be standardized. That's the problem. It eventually comes down to the teacher's opinion every single time.

Hmmm, true. Would be nice if they were equal in fairness though. I'd still try to speak to another teacher about it.

Wow, it looks like I've been lurking for so long that I've missed this live topic stuff! Awesome!

In other news, I seriously think reading these forums is a full time hobby. There's so many people and threads, it's really cool to see the popularity but I never seem to keep up :p. There's always holidays to catch up, in a glorious two weeks!

ETA:

My ex and his mates always encouraged the RROD to happen before the warranty ran out, if it happened after the warranty period they'd have to buy a new X-box.

Just do what I do and read only the sections that are relevant to you. I only go into Off-Topic, technology, entertainment and that's it.

As for the console ... so does the RROD happen to every x-box 360 anyway and it's just a matter of when?

Just do what I do and read only the sections that are relevant to you. I only go into Off-Topic, technology, entertainment and that's it.

As for the console ... so does the RROD happen to every x-box 360 anyway and it's just a matter of when?

Pretty well. The newer ones generally last longer than the older ones do. This is my third RRoD, but it is working again but I already sent in a Repair order...so hopefully I can re-kill it before I send it away.

being stuck at work until 8.30 on a boring reception with 200 people you don't know FTL :(

I've had to rewire 3 of our 8 new solar powered lights in the garden in the last week. Damned crappy chinese construction and aluminum wires.

All your "I laughed at something inappropriate, I'm going to hell!"-comments in the Funny Picture thread are sooo lame.

It's the internet, who do you think you'll impress with that?

Well I think you are lame, assfuckface.

uh oh, Polly has gone all multiple personality disorder on us.:D

I always write excessive Postings to Threads (Politics mostly) ... but then before sending, I decide not to, because I frankly dont give a crap anymore about commenting on someones stupid opinion and rather delete what took me 5 minutes to write than try to win an internet discussion or clingh to the glimmer of hope someone might listen to me and make up his/her mind ...

I m on the Internet since 1997 ... 12 years and I finally can ignore internet arguments. :)

internet_argument-300x223.jpg