Random Thoughts....

^ Weaponizers.

I just finished sanding the top level of paint on the gas tank to my Honda CB550F and I can practically hear the blisters forming under my skin. It's gonna be an ugly few weeks for my hands. Also, I never knew my tank had so much Bondo on it. :blink:

And I'm feeling slightly moody because I asked out the girl who wanted me to go salsa dancing with her on a date to see the new Harry Potter movie tonight, and she ended up inviting her two sisters and another guy so it could be a "party." And she didn't tell me until 5 minutes ago. Looks like another FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU- moment for me. :cry:

Good god almighty on a lollypop stick, Jonathan Ross is a right pain in the hole!!!!!:mad:

Drivin' through New Mexico very pretty yet still a bit boring.

Good god almighty on a lollypop stick, Jonathan Ross is a right pain in the hole!!!!!:mad:

That?s what the Mute button is for. :p

Anyway, he has Bonio & Teh Edge on in a minute. :cool:

(I understand that all that useless faffing is so that the show can be cut to fit BBC World slots. They don?t get the rubbish, just the interviews.)

My bf just got a email with a reply from a company about an inquiry he made, funny part is that he sent the email over 6 months ago :?

Oh god, I have the choice between watching Bill Bailey, Rude Tube or Wossy.

EDIT-Jesus, Bailey, so Bailey, just watched the intro to Tinselworm, fucking awesome shit!!!

Converting Cassete Tapes is very dull especially since you have to listen the whole tape and the one i'm doing now is ?Richard Clayderman plays ABBA's greatest hits?

edit: as i was zombified because of the tape i think i'm gonna correct some grammar now

Last edited:
Converting Cassete Tapes i very ydull especially since you have to listen the whole tape and the one i'm doing now is ?Richard Clayderman plays ABBA's greatest hits?

I'm fairly certain that was one of the "enhanced interrogation" techniques the CIA found to be most effective, but discontinued its use after several subjects died.

If anyone locates my dignity, please return intact.

You probably need to read some of you last few posts - I think Blake needs some form of, er well you see what you think Watto, but I would do 'something' myself.

My computer says it's 30 degrees now, which sucks because that's always a few degrees lower than the actual temperature outside.

What the heck do you guys do to keep cool? I'm drinking lots of water and stuff, but that doesn't help. And I've noticed this summer it doesn't really seem to cool down at all at nights (it gets even muggier it seems) which is horrible because you can't even get some decent rest before the cycle of heat and sweating begins all over again.

I've noticed yogurt cools me down a lot, but I'm guessing too much dairy is bad for you. :p I've had four jugs of plain yogurt already in the last seven days.

We've had like one or two days over 80 (Fahrenheit) this year... and several straight weeks of rain. That's how.

What the heck do you guys do to keep cool?
Try spraying yourself with one of those spray bottles on the mist setting. Rub icecubes on your eyebrows. Take your shirt off. Take your pants off. Soak your feet in a bucket of cool water. Take a cold shower.

A few heatwaves ago I bought one of those kids wading pools and I filled it with cold tap water (which wasn't cold at all) and I emptied a bag of ice down one end of it, plonked a few beers in the ice and then I just got in and chilled. I felt like a complete idiot for the first few minutes but after a while it just pulls allllll of that heat out of your body and you actually feel good for the first time in days.

This year I have a Mitsubishi split-system inverter. :cool:

But it gets into the 40's here in the peak of summer and it'll sit like that for a good week straight. 30 overnight.

Last edited:
I live in Vancouver, it's not like I haven't seen rain or clouds. :mrgreen: Thing is, the sun really scorches when it comes out here... or maybe I have no patience for heat. Anyway, it rains here plenty but it's so hot right now that that's no consolation.

Austere, I figured most places would be air conditioned down there given it gets so hot... I've tried some of what you recommend and it helps a little. I personally find taking off my clothes is even worse because there's nothing to absorb the sweat.

I was looking at these portables AC units... is it just me or are they all retarded? They all cost so much and even the best ones only cool like 300 sq. ft., and I have a sneaking suspicion they aren't even that effective. They seem so gimmicky... too bad my building is based on a caste system and only provides central air conditioning for the upper floors. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Austere, I figured most places would be air conditioned down there given it gets so hot... I've tried some of what you recommend and it helps a little. I personally find taking off my clothes is even worse because there's nothing to absorb the sweat.
Until recently, the main AC in my house was an evaporative system. They're useless. In fact they're literally worse than useless because they give you false hope and they waste water. Whenever I encounter someone who says "They're not too bad, they work OK" I kill that person.

I've had a little portable AC for in my bedroom for about... Shit, near 10 years now! It's refrigerated so it does pump out some properly cold air but it's really only good in a single, relatively small room. I bought it when I was about 16 and I had no money so I spared every expense as you can imagine.
It's a bit iffy. I could have bought a proper Japanese one but they were more expensive.

My portable air conditioner is the most important thing in my life come summer time.

What's that line from Deconstructing Harry where he's talking about how religion seems less significant today? "I-I-I, If I had to choose between The Pope a-a-and Air Conditioning, I-I'd choose Air Conditioning!"

Oh, man that was an awful Woody Allen impression.:(