Random Thoughts....

I lent a mate of mine my axe - it's a really kick-ass axe - so that he could chop some wood. He used it to chop old bits of treated, cut pine with nails in it.:rolleyes:
He hit a nail and took a chunk out of the blade the size of a half a dollar.

Unfortunately, he was fine.<_<
Good thing you didn't lend him a hand, huh? :lol:

Cheaper than if I bought it here (shipped) and it's not even out here

It's also a different region and won't play in your Blu-Ray player, maybe only on the PC.

Random Thought: You know you're moving when ................................. You've slept on a mattress on the floor last night.

Last edited:
^ Kinda relevant..
As my room is being decorated and I have half a floor, no wardrobes and no bed, I'm in my sisters room on a fucking old school camp bed with no springs that creaks every time you breath. It's made up of a cushion (like you get on sun loungers..) and a metal frame (hardly). Im in so much pain, I need myself a full body massage..
:(

I've got a htc touch pro and a htc diamond for work, the diamon runs a fair bit crappier than my personal touch pro. I put that down to the crap as image that they use

Yep, XDA developers FTW!

So many damn roms out there I'm not sure which one to go with though........

It's at times like this when being a motorsport fan is extremely tough to swallow.

Anyone who walks into motorsport not expecting serious injuries is really kidding themsleves. Either way, condolences to his family :(

Last edited:
I think the problem is that with all the safety gear flying around these days, people have forgotten just how dangeours motorsport can be. Remember the old F1 cars with no seat belts, etc? Yeah.......

Anyway, first day back at uni today. I have a feeling Flight Control systems is going to screw everyone over sideways........

nsx_23 said:
Anyone who walks into motorsport not expecting serious injuries is really kidding themsleves. Either way, condolences to his family :(

Really? Motorsport is generally very safe these days. Yes, there will be the occasional freak accident, that one in a thousand chance where a driver such as Surtees happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I think we can be pretty sure and thankful that they are the exception and not the rule.

It's only 13 degrees C yet it's still too warm to sleep.
Or maybe it's all that's happened in the past fortnight keeping me up :\

Either way, not fun.

So I just got back from some dental work, and the right side of my mouth is nicely numb...

God, it feels so weird. :lol:

Driving update:

Had another lesson today, but before that I went out with my parents to go to the pet shop. This meant I had to go through a very windy, twisty road, in pretty bad condition, which scared the ever living shits out of me.:(

I learned that I need to work on my instincts, because right now, when a car comes towards me on a narrow road, rather than slow down and move slowly left...my instincts told me to jerk swiftly to the left into the ditch...:blink:

Anyways, although there was no disaster on that road, it still left me really shaken. Later on, mum announced that we had to go back to the pet shop because the cat food was gone off :rolleyes:, and I really couldn't face going down that road again.

The lesson itself went fine though, really need to work on the hill starts though, cut out a couple more times :(.

I realised though, that I need to work on my confidence....A LOT!

Driving update:

Had another lesson today, but before that I went out with my parents to go to the pet shop. This meant I had to go through a very windy, twisty road, in pretty bad condition, which scared the ever living shits out of me.:(

I learned that I need to work on my instincts, because right now, when a car comes towards me on a narrow road, rather than slow down and move slowly left...my instincts told me to jerk swiftly to the left into the ditch...:blink:

Anyways, although there was no disaster on that road, it still left me really shaken. Later on, mum announced that we had to go back to the pet shop because the cat food was gone off :rolleyes:, and I really couldn't face going down that road again.

The lesson itself went fine though, really need to work on the hill starts though, cut out a couple more times :(.

I realised though, that I need to work on my confidence....A LOT!
The important thing to remember is that if you are stationary and he is moving any coming together is always the moving vehicles fault. And with Insurance costs as high as they are its best not to have a prang that is your fault really. ...

So, there's this crazy woman screaming like an hysterical hyena right in fron of my house in this pond we have here because she let her bitch - and by bitch I mean female dog - set loose and the dog ran to the pond and there was this male stray dog nearby that imediately jump on top of the female dog and start making babies. :D Yo, crazy screaming lady, next time take your dog out on a leash. :p

Oh noes... main site down. :eek:

edit: Yay, it's back! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Shit, MOT tomorrow morning, dunno if it'll pass how much work will need doing. I'm sure any Brits with old cars will know the feeling.

I just realized I don't entirely know what an MOT is and am going to look it up.

(I know it's a regular vehicle inspection but I don't know any details).

EDIT: looks pretty similar to the inspections we do over here. Is the test itself strict or are there simply a million things they have to check and could go wrong?

Last edited:
Dad got the NCT on the Focus (Irish MOT) back in February, the gas thing was...the mechanic who conducted the test completely ignored the state of the tyres, and deemed them road worthy.

A few days later, Dad noticed the tyre grip was pretty rubbish, and saw that they were SERIOUSLY worn.

Am I wrong or wouldn't a competent mechanic be able to recognise tyre weare, or at least the beginnings of it?:blink: