Random Thoughts....

I've maimed myself child safety gate...the irony... Now I have a rather large purple hued foot. :(

I've maimed myself child safety gate...the irony... Now I have a rather large purple hued foot. :(

Sorry for your pain, crossing fingers so that it doesn't develop a conscience of its own and try to overthrow mankind!

I do love that the volume knob rotates when you adjust the volume with the remote though.

lol, our 15 year old Sony Complete Stereo system (the kind with 2 speakers and a cd/tape/amp box) does that too.

Okay. So, we (recently ex-classmates) were supposed to meet up, at least a few of us, to discuss a bit about where each of us got admitted to University and what our plans are, and whatever has happened since we last talked to each other.

Out of a class formerly made up of 26 people, we were just...

...three.

:(

^They didn't care as much for class spirit. Don't worry, as far as you've told us, they're the kind of people you'd want to leave behind, right? So why bother?

And here's a last notice for everyone in case I forget to say it until tonight. This will be the last night I'm tuning into finalgear for a week. I will be without internet until Thursday, as I'm moving and that's when the internet at the new address will be activated. And basically I will be spending a few days on the computer programming JAVA for my courses ... yummi :( !!

God almighty with horse radish!!

The entire 500m radius around my housing estate is in complete tatters!!

Our house is the third last from a cul de sac, and as you drive up there is one side road to the left which leads to other houses, and another road which goes out to the GAA club and leads out towards town,
If you go straight ahead after the left turn, you can turn out onto the main road.

The side road is a realy convenient way to get out of the park and to ease traffic, especially during school term.

Now some busy-body bitch campaigned to close off this side road...for no fucking particular reason.
So along comes the council paid construction workers and put up these knackery poles and extend the path, at the same time that other work is being done on the road ahead. Massive delays and roads dug up, drains and man-hole covers sticking up in the roads, which could cause serious damage to the underside of the car.

Journeys are delayed by about 5 minutes because of all the traffic conjestion and abysmal condition of the roads :mad:

Now there is talk of bringing in traffic lights...

The one good thing out of it...driving in these conditions and not ending up in a ditch or with a construction worker sticking out of the front bumper, has made me feel WAAAAY more confident on the roads!:)

Don't worry, as far as you've told us, they're the kind of people you'd want to leave behind, right? So why bother?

The two people that were there, along with some others, actually really don't fit that description. :| Those two are people with which I would really want to remain in touch from now on.

Last edited:
ARGH, just came home from somewhere and passed the corner shop and there was about 10 police outside. We asked a group of kids what happened and there had been an armed robery trying to swipe the tills and stuff, and this is a Co-operative store, not some crappy corner shop. I live 30 seconds away and now I'm scared....

I can't believe I'm sitting here listening to Sophie Ellis Bextor and thinking its not too bad. Fuck.

I need some alcohol.

^It's not that uncommon...

True, but it makes you completely fucking mental!

I thought it was more of a nightclub thing...

I don't get out much...:(

I do love that the volume knob rotates when you adjust the volume with the remote though.

Haha, we have a fairly old Teac that does the same, and my grandparents had a Sony that did the same. I guess it was easier to fit a motor to the knob than work out how to make the remote and manual control work together.

Caffine and alcohol?!:blink:

You're crazy Jesus...CRAZYYY!!!

Actually the good combination is a Jager-bomb. Jagermeister and Red Bull. :mrgreen:

I'm excited to go and try some Romulan Ale next year at Northwest Con with a friend of mine. XD Yes, someone actually made Romulan Ale. :D

After spending almost all day on the phone, I have finally convinced my insurance company I was not at fault. My total "reparation" will be ?550, far over the amount needed if I do the work myself. My landlord has been really kind about it- not only did he testify, he's a bit of a car guy and has even offered to drive to the scrapyard and pick up the parts I need so I'll have them when I get back- nice bloke. I have a spare fuel tank to replace the dented one and there's little point arguing anymore with the insurance, so all I really need now is a headlamp bulb, indicator bulb, left-side mirror and tyres.